Models appearing as black, featureless silhouettes.

Something weird has been going on with my game recently. I've been seeing a lot of characters appear as black, featureless silhouettes. It's been happening to enemies (mainly Falspawn) and accessories too, such as the Sonic Mask, Theodore and Melfonseana's hats, and even the bunny-eared ribbons in the Mission Pass, to name a few. Is everything alright? This has to be one of the weirdest glitches I've seen yet.

I've provided two screenshots as an example of this glitch from my latest venture, when I was testing out a loadout I just made.

pso20200712_114642_001.jpg pso20200712_114553_000.jpg

Are you using an AMD or Intel GPU? (If you're on Hybrid Nvidia+Intel, DO NOT disable the intel Graphics. It disables the NVIDIA GPU.)

@coldreactive said in Models appearing as black, featureless silhouettes.:

Are you using an AMD or Intel GPU? (If you're on Hybrid Nvidia+Intel, DO NOT disable the intel Graphics. It disables the NVIDIA GPU.)

I'm not very tech savvy, so I have no idea what either of those are. Are those the name of graphical cards or processors?

EDIT: Never mind, did a bit of digging and discovered my PC is using "Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630." Not sure if that info helps any, but it's the best I could find.

If you have two graphics cards listed in dxdiag (use Windows Key + R to open the run dialogue and run dxdiag) check the non-intel GPU/graphics card.

If it's NVIDIA, you have to go into the nvidia control panel to change what graphics card is used globally, otherwise PSO2 will always default to intel.

I do not have NVIDIA. I have no idea what's causing this problem.

This game doesn't support Intel Graphics cards. Nor do any modern-day MMORPG.

Then I have no idea what's going on. I told you, I'm not tech savvy. If I have an NVIDIA graphics card, this PC is doing a good job of not telling me.

With the help of some friends on Discord, I found the cause of the problem. My Intel graphics card doesn't do well with the shader, so I'm forced to keep it simple at all times now. Ah well, even at it's lowest setting the game still looks nice.