Quest Counter UI Quality of Life improvement - LFG/Active Recruiting

Finding players doing missions you specifically also want to do is currently super cumbersome. If the Active Recruiting flag was surfaced in the UI, I think this finding players to group with in game would be much easier. I made a couple poorly edited screenshots that show this.

lfg1.png

UI shows there are groups looking for more members in the Advanced Quest category

lfg2.png

UI shows groups actively recruiting for the top 3 missions

I didn't make one for the difficulty, but some indicator there would be great as well. With these adjustments any player could quickly find content to do with others, which is ideal for class experience, loot, and playerbase health.

Sure, if you're willing to have a slightly longer load time on the quests list rather than said load time being on the list of current parties.

I think the point you're making is, the implementation isn't "just add the icon" and/or "this could be poorly implemented resulting in noticeable additional load time at the quest counter". Let's not pretend like either of us have knowledge of how PSO2's client, server, or database are designed, or assert there will be an undesirable client side effect. I/we are not developers on the PSO2 team and are in no position to determine whether or not this could be implemented as a QoL improvement without adversely affecting current performance. We can leave that up to the development team and just say 'I think this would be good for the game and its players'. The point of this section is to provide feedback, and let the PSO2 team determine if it's worth investigating.

It's 100% OK for community managers to come back and say "We think you have a really good suggestion, but there are technicalities that prevent us from implementing this in a reasonable manner" or "We've thought about this and are not doing it". Who knows, the suggestion may even become triaged with a higher priority than we'd expect. There may already be plans for something like this in the future. We don't get to see their backlog, so there's no way of knowing if this idea has even been a twinkle in someone's eye in the past. I thought it would be a decent way to eliminate the annoyance of searching down the AQ list for parties one at a time with no indication of whether any parties were even doing the mission on the ship. If a players options are to either do that search or log off and do something else, some will choose the latter - and that has a more concerning adverse affect at the quest counter.

@Kelshir , just for the record... the Community Managers will rarely state if a feature can't be implemented due to technical issues. Community Management is outsourced to a separate company, ESTsoft, who simply... well manage the community, but also translate and pass on suggestions to the actual devs over at SEGA of Japan. If a suggested feature isn't implemented... it simply isn't, if it is... we'll be lucky if SEGA of Japan tells the Community Team that it was and are allowed to announce it.

@Leonkh99 said in Quest Counter UI Quality of Life improvement - LFG/Active Recruiting:

@Kelshir , just for the record... the Community Managers will rarely state if a feature can't be implemented due to technical issues. Community Management is outsourced to a separate company, ESTsoft, who simply... well manage the community, but also translate and pass on suggestions to the actual devs over at SEGA of Japan. If a suggested feature isn't implemented... it simply isn't, if it is... we'll be lucky if SEGA of Japan tells the Community Team that it was and are allowed to announce it.

It's the same with Final Fantasy XIV actually. The community managers, despite being actual Square Enix Staff allocated specifically for the game as community managers, won't specifically tell us if something is not possible due to code limitations/etc. Instead, we have to wait until Live Letters and/or Q/A sessions at fanfests.