That feeling when everyone queues up solo at an UQ and no one uses your party beacon

I've generally not had an issues joining random parties kicking me doing SH or VH UQ's. I haven't done any "high end" stuff yet, but I will do so with an alliance.

That being said, I am being very picky about the alliance I join as I have spend many a time in my online games of old jumping from guild to guild trying to find the right one (and I am not looking to repeat that due to some pretty bad interactions it he past and ain't no body got time fo dat).

I also solo alot largely because I am doing some daily quests and half the parties aren't even doing the ones I need.

I generally don't mind it. If you mention that the party boost = more exp and they still don't join, then no need to worry. They just want to stay solo, and that is their prerogative.

Oh right, I forgot no one ever bothers to specify urgent or ultimate when they say "UQ" and pretty much always mean urgent. It's UrQ and UlQ people, s'not rocket science.

True, I've lately been using UQ for Urgent Quest, and ULT for Ultimate Quests. I won't be using any other terms, though. I think these are just fine, we just have to get adjusted to using ULT for Ultimate Quests.

I don't think kicking is the norm for Urgents. If anything I see people dip out due to seeing a very slow run occurring. Example is Luther, where if you don't break an arm in the first 5 minutes it's going to either be futile or very long. The only time I've seen actual kicks happen is if you afk because of leeching, since kicking someone doing suboptimal damage is still going to slow you down. It also removes their triboost 40%. And since everything that is worth picking up has a setting for auto-pickup, I wouldn't be worried about not being able to pickup an item. But I can understand the worry is there

I like nicer people. If someone asks me nicely, don't spam invites or symbol arts, and don't try to invite me the moment I appear or purposefully dropping markers under my character foot. I'll likely say yes with the exception of being on xbox. Some reason my xbox has a really bad freeze when I join parties.

Outside of that I'll only join party markers if I'm free and safe enough to do so depending on what I'm there for. If I pass/ignore them from that point, it would occur for most of the reasons others have already stated. I do have an extra side being having to take care of my mom which could call me off anytime. So in some cases I'm just nervous of taking a slot and then having to quickly leave soon for rl reasons. In those conditions I avoid it so someone who may want in can join and likely stick around a lot longer than I may be able to.

@Raburesu said in That feeling when everyone queues up solo at an UQ and no one uses your party beacon:

Some reason my xbox has a really bad freeze when I join parties.

I get this on PC also, as well as everyone else I asked about this. joining a party or someone joining a party gives one big stutter.

I also often see a bunch of people not in a party and no one drops a marker in UrQs.

Because assholes leave the UQ and we can't reap all the reward drops. So fuck 'em.

@Tomoe Well it might be wise to make a forum thread on here then, that allows people that don't do that, to share their in game characters name, as a way of knowing who can be trusted, on each ship.

You can't let a bad experience define how you handle every situation, and should instead seek workable solutions.

I didn't realize that so many players had an issue with being kicked by the party leader in an Urgent Quest, as I have never experienced this myself.

If there was more incentive for grouping up, what would you like to see this improvement be?

And on the issue of being kicked from party, do you think that in the majority of cases this happens because a party leader can only disband the party, abandon quest or kick players--as they aren't given an option to simply "leave" the party. Some may not realize they can just make someone else leader and then leave.

Perhaps the game mechanic should be changed itself? Maybe there should be a "leave" button for party leaders that automagically assigns someone else leader of the party when they leave?

All I know is that I am playing an MMO and I would like to group up with more than just alliance members. If the majority of players are solo'ing content that is meant to be grouped, then perhaps improvements or changes are in order. Obviously I can't make that change myself, but I would like to better understand the issue(s) at hand.

(edited for clarity)

In my case, if I planned to be in a party for a UQ, I would already be in one.

Sometimes the UQ is something easy and I'll enter alone To watch people die to have a casual run with the simple intent of a fun mission or fight.

@SuccubusAlice said in That feeling when everyone queues up solo at an UQ and no one uses your party beacon:

Sometimes the UQ is something easy and I'll enter alone To watch people die to have a casual run with the simple intent of a fun mission or fight.

Haha, that made me laugh. And if everyone is 75 and geared up making the content trivial for everyone, then I say have at it. 🙂

But it's still helpful to group up with those who aren't level capped to help them get some bonus EXP while spamming the queues. Maybe some people can't be bothered to group up, but we could be helping out other players that are grinding EXP instead of thinking only about ourselves (seems to be a common theme here?).

@Bette said in That feeling when everyone queues up solo at an UQ and no one uses your party beacon:

@SuccubusAlice said in That feeling when everyone queues up solo at an UQ and no one uses your party beacon:

Haha, that made me laugh. And if everyone is 75 and geared up making the content trivial for everyone, then I say have at it. 🙂

But it's still helpful to group up with those who aren't level capped to help them get some bonus EXP while spamming the queues. Maybe some people can't be bothered to group up, but we could be helping out other players that are grinding EXP instead of thinking only about ourselves (seems to be a common theme here?).

Honestly, I rarely see people not already 75 in XH, with the fast leveling of VHAQs with the Rally events. This will probably change with Episode 4 and the level cap raise.

Honestly, I rarely see people not already 75 in XH, with the fast leveling of VHAQs with the Rally events. This will probably change with Episode 4 and the level cap raise.

I hear you, fair enough. 👍