That feeling when everyone queues up solo at an UQ and no one uses your party beacon

I suppose I don't see most of these issues in-game because I am typically starting a party instead of joining. And when one UQ is done, I wait for everyone to get back to the gateway ship before pulling another UQ mission.

Would it help to have some quick chats (i.e., alt+1, alt+2) to tell players, "Looking for more members to chain pull this UQ while it lasts." And, "Will wait for you to get back to the gateway ship before pulling more missions." "No random kicks or power trips!" I don't know.

If someone prefers to solo, that's their prerogative. But personally I would prefer as much Tri-Boost as I can get. If that means I need to take a few extra seconds to communicate with my group members so everything is copacetic and happy all around, I think that's worth my effort, and hopefully my random team mates find faith in humanity again.

@Bette said in That feeling when everyone queues up solo at an UQ and no one uses your party beacon:

I suppose I don't see most of these issues in-game because I am typically starting a party instead of joining. And when one UQ is done, I wait for everyone to get back to the gateway ship before pulling another UQ mission.

That's exactly what I do when I'm the party leader. But as far as I know, besides the Chrome Dragon UQ, there's no really no other reason to team up with other people if you can still fight with them without any of the draw backs of either of an impatient leader that will start the next quest before everyone's ready or one that's too kicky.

Another reason why people will go solo is because of time constraints, so you'll never know if someone wants to do the UQ once or as many as they can.

Speaking of that I'm reminded the last time I got teamed up other players to fight the Chrome Dragon, but they were more interested in exploring the map than beating the boss, which is funny because when I play the game normally I do explore every inch of the map and I want to do the same thing in the Ultimate Quests. But the first time I went through them it was painful, I had to keep using the telepipes in almost every battle so I can keep reviving and getting my Scape dolls replenished before continuing on. Anyway, I just wanted to point out that the Chrome Dragon UQ is not a good time to explore, at least for me. But it does get on my nerves when I see my random party members ignore his entrance to explore the area.

Well this may be a good time to use different reasons to recruit people besides "Earning Exp" and to make use of the message box. I wonder if shortcuts will work on them to further explain my intentions, since normally there's really not enough time to explain what you're actually going to do with the party.

@Bette I think that's fine. I think only the former two is needed. I think that's an etiquette some players lack in PSO2. (Waiting until people get to campship to re-start)

@Scerms77 said in That feeling when everyone queues up solo at an UQ and no one uses your party beacon:

@Shirokami07 said in That feeling when everyone queues up solo at an UQ and no one uses your party beacon:

I've 3 rules

1. Don't join badly designed characters: Characters are a reflection of the player, and I'm biased because every time I joined a badly done one, I was trolled somehow. Can't expect anything nice from someone who isn't even nice to its own character.
  2. Don't join anyone who is severely undergeared, for example, below sigma on XH
  3. Don't join anyone with autochat

Following these 3, I usually have no problem with partying up with randoms.

Dont you think that what is a nice character depends completly on your own opinion? I mean, what you think is a "not nice character" can be just fine for anybody else?

Not really, the better designed and correctly proportionate a character is, the most honest and dedicated it is in game. I take that all ugly character players just don't care and would troll at anything that doesn't go their way or just for "LMAO LOOK THEY GOT SO ANGRY" .

So far, that's all personal experience, so I'm biased.

@Guilrel I think the Chrome UQ is better to just keep spawning the bosses rather than rushing Chrome. His drop table is horrible, his soul isn't worth hoarding, and he has 0 chance of being a unique version.

Running around and spawning bosses allows you to farm multiple enemies that have(had) rare and valuable drops, their souls were more desirable, and you could also spawn in both version of Chrome.

Once I saw people wanted to use that UQ to just fight Chrome 10 times I stopped even trying that UQ. It is a giant waste of time.

@John-Paul-RAGE interesting, I am glad to know this.

@Macmaxi This, did the whole game solo and had full circ set before the event even launched. Now I feel stupid for grinding UQ since they just gave weapon badges away, nub game.

My only issue with joining Parties, is when the Party Leaver quits the dungeon before all other members of the party are finished looting the rewards, and the rest of the party gets kicked out before they can collect rewards.

If I'm party lead I wait for everyone to get back to the ship before going again. Some people have less space/more picky about their item drops and it takes em a little longer. Half the time someone rushes me and I've seen many a time where someone deigns not to join a party at all. But I personally always place/join a beacon cause free 40% triboost like why would I not want more exp, meseta, and drop rate? Would be a lot better overall though if people weren't so rushy about it.

I don't with the repeatable urgent quests because I've had party leaders force queue me and I lost all my item pick ups. That 40% tri boost is useless if you can't even pick up the rare items that take advantage of it.

@Jman Sorry that happened to you. Not all of us are like that. I try to give people time but I've learned to keep my inventory clear and just spam pick-up everything, then transfer it all to storage and run again quickly for when I'm not the party lead so if I am rushed I'm ready.

@Vexation said in That feeling when everyone queues up solo at an UQ and no one uses your party beacon:

@Jman Sorry that happened to you. Not all of us are like that. I try to give people time but I've learned to keep my inventory clear and just spam pick-up everything, then transfer it all to storage and run again quickly for when I'm not the party lead so if I am rushed I'm ready.

Yeah I pick up stuff, shift select everything and store, and apparently it was still too slow for the party leaders I've grouped up with. I feel like there are some people that do that just to mess with other players, or only wanting 13+ star items, or just exp grinding.

I hate being a party pooper (>_>) but I can't take any more chances on losing items. I'm more than willing for the single try Urgent quests. I have yet to lose items from those yet...

@Jman Agreed they can't rush you if they can't spam run it. So the Dark Falz ones you should be good. Thanksgiving one prolly not. Run with an alliance if you have one or add some nice people to friends and run with them. Not everyone is a douchbag about running fast. If I get 2-3 Thanksgiving ones done I'm fine.

At this point, I don't party up with people who aren't friends/alliance members, for just about anything but single run UQ"s. And the amount of salt and entitlement people have over you not daring to join their party or let them join theirs is unbelievable. With UQ's I've had people bitch I que to fast, or que to slow. Had times where I've lost my loot (I don't care if you think 13's are the only thing worth picking up. Made plenty of meseta off "junk" items with good augments, especially units). In Ultimate's/Betwitched Woods its worse. I've been drug out of ultimates to many times cuz the party leader decides their's done and thats it. (Both on accident because they didn't realize they were leader when the previous one left, and just because they didn't want to bother with giving leadership to someone else. ) I was once told "You can just go get another party." Like...nah I'm good. Solo for me now. When I've been party leader, people have decided they were done and gone off and fought the boss, without saying anything. Which makes it impossible for you to go back to the ship to restock if you want to keep going. I've been screamed at, yelled at, called names. You'd think I was denying them any loot/exp at all because I didn't want to join their party. One time me and my friend were duo-ing and people called us idiots for not spliting our party and joining the two other parties at 3/4 players. The whole situation is just toxic AF. You can't talk to some of these players they think that 40% Triboost is a gift from the pso2 gods, that will give them everything they ever wanted, and I'm denying them it. (never mind that it's just 10% they're not getting and the boost is pretty much meaningless). Put a party beacon down if you want, but leave it at that, don't harass other players, don't spam your SA's constantly calling people dumb for not joining parties. Just don't. Otherwise you'll end up on a blacklist and probably reported for harassment.

@Vexation said in That feeling when everyone queues up solo at an UQ and no one uses your party beacon:

If I'm party lead I wait for everyone to get back to the ship before going again. Some people have less space/more picky about their item drops and it takes em a little longer. Half the time someone rushes me and I've seen many a time where someone deigns not to join a party at all. But I personally always place/join a beacon cause free 40% triboost like why would I not want more exp, meseta, and drop rate? Would be a lot better overall though if people weren't so rushy about it.

Exactly, thank you so much for considering other people, it is a lost art in the world.