That feeling when everyone queues up solo at an UQ and no one uses your party beacon

I didn't realize people actually get salty if players prefer to join the urgent quests solo instead of joining their party. That's kind of hilarious to be honest. People enjoy video games in different ways, sometimes that enjoyment comes from not being in your party. In the grand scheme of things, it truly doesnt matter. Dont be so selfish over a couple rare drops, that you want to dictate others gaming experience and how they should play. Sega decided that people can do multiparty stuffs as solo player amongst other's groups for various reasons. It's better to just accept that rather than expressing that everyone needs to use the party beacon, even if they dont want to be in your party.

@Bobbymonster173 said in That feeling when everyone queues up solo at an UQ and no one uses your party beacon:

I always thought people put down those things next to the teleport to troll newbies and make them miss the teleport because it’s easy to confuse where to go when you are new

No, it's because people don't want other people to activate the teleporter by mistake before everyone arrives.

@Bette said in That feeling when everyone queues up solo at an UQ and no one uses your party beacon:

I can drop one down and then activate the starting "countdown."

I think I just figured out why no one is using your beacons.

@Bette said in That feeling when everyone queues up solo at an UQ and no one uses your party beacon:

A few things I don't like autochat used for:

Symbol art (unless you know of a way to display specific encounter mechanics, never use this aside from the very beginning or end of the mission).

Not for nothing but all my SA autowords are relevant to the slot I put them in. No one ever seems to complain about it too.

Self moderate your autochat - keep it family friendly (i.e., rated PG). I don't know if "you" knew this, but not everyone who plays this game is a single, teenage boy in a private room, lol.

In a game full of self-righteous lolita complex conservative extremists constantly complaining about censorship? I think I found another reason why no one is using your beacons tbh.

I was kicked from a VHAQ yesterday simply because I did not use a launcher. I'm 75/75 FoTe with a +30 Psycho Wand and full +10 Brissa, everything having about 4 decent augments (casting, spirit, stamina, mastery, soul, etc). Definitely room to improve, but it's a VHAQ where we will one hit everything anyway, and I got kicked... for not using a launcher.

For some urgent quests I'll join a random party, but I'd be lying if I said that I did so with little to no reluctance haha. It's hard to trust people nowadays, and I've had the unfortunate experience of getting kicked from Magatsu after getting yelled at for going for left shoulder first instead of right--which I'm pretty sure most people do? Anyway that just taught me to stay in block 1 lol

@RRedPowerRanger said in That feeling when everyone queues up solo at an UQ and no one uses your party beacon:

I was kicked from a VHAQ yesterday simply because I did not use a launcher. I'm 75/75 FoTe with a +30 Psycho Wand and full +10 Brissa, everything having about 4 decent augments (casting, spirit, stamina, mastery, soul, etc). Definitely room to improve, but it's a VHAQ where we will one hit everything anyway, and I got kicked... for not using a launcher.

I've been seeing so many people with stock, ungrinded launchers recently haha. I haven't played much of the VHAQ's this time around, but during the last ABR partied with loads of people, even Force players hittin 1-3k with their launchers when I'm sure maybe a Gizonde woulda helped out a bit more. Doesn't help either when they think they can just sit in the corner of every spawn and just hope a PSE burst would magically appear haha

@thebluesman153 said in That feeling when everyone queues up solo at an UQ and no one uses your party beacon:

I didn't realize people actually get salty if players prefer to join the urgent quests solo instead of joining their party. That's kind of hilarious to be honest. People enjoy video games in different ways, sometimes that enjoyment comes from not being in your party. In the grand scheme of things, it truly doesnt matter. Dont be so selfish over a couple rare drops, that you want to dictate others gaming experience and how they should play. Sega decided that people can do multiparty stuffs as solo player amongst other's groups for various reasons. It's better to just accept that rather than expressing that everyone needs to use the party beacon, even if they dont want to be in your party.

I'm not salty about missing out on a little bit of Tri-Boost, I play way too many hours to complain about not getting enough meseta, EXP or loot. Just baffled at how may solo'ers there actually are in UQs.

Sure, you can play solo all you want. Everyone can. It doesn't change the fact that everyone would benefit more from partying up. If you don't agree, that's fine. Just because I'm using the features put in game by Sega to form parties doesn't mean I'm trying to dictate others, I'm just playing how I want (like it's a multiplayer game). You go ahead and play how you want, too.

@Mattwo7 said in That feeling when everyone queues up solo at an UQ and no one uses your party beacon:

@Bobbymonster173 said in That feeling when everyone queues up solo at an UQ and no one uses your party beacon:

I always thought people put down those things next to the teleport to troll newbies and make them miss the teleport because it’s easy to confuse where to go when you are new

No, it's because people don't want other people to activate the teleporter by mistake before everyone arrives.

I can drop one down and then activate the starting "countdown."

I think I just figured out why no one is using your beacons.

I can see you have a reputation for flaming and snarking on the forums here. I'll be sure to ignore your posts in the future.

A few things I don't like autochat used for:

Symbol art (unless you know of a way to display specific encounter mechanics, never use this aside from the very beginning or end of the mission).

Not for nothing but all my SA autowords are relevant to the slot I put them in. No one ever seems to complain about it too.

Self moderate your autochat - keep it family friendly (i.e., rated PG). I don't know if "you" knew this, but not everyone who plays this game is a single, teenage boy in a private room, lol.

In a game full of self-righteous lolita complex conservative extremists constantly complaining about censorship? I think I found another reason why no one is using your beacons tbh.

Complaining about censorship? You clearly didn't understand what that post was about. Perhaps you should try baiting and flaming someone whose reading comprehension is below yours, you might have an easier go at it.

@plamplight I think your reasoning there is fair.

@animeregion Sad to hear that about your mag, I like seeing mags visible, because some evolution forms can be cute. Also good catch, but I rarely look up at the ceiling, and it's hard to make out the word emergency at a first glance.

@Bobbymonster173 I really do dislike when people put them near the teleporter. I always make sure to put it farther behind it.

@Bette I think some people just prefer to go solo regardless of the benefits. I don't think we should be annoyed by it. It seems like a mutual interest, but the benefits do force people to party up and that may turn off some players. I think both types of players feelings are valid here. I think things will be better with more content geared towards solo players.

Guess I will try parting with others and experience if it is an issue. Let’s have fun!

@Ranmaru said in That feeling when everyone queues up solo at an UQ and no one uses your party beacon:

@Bette I think some people just prefer to go solo regardless of the benefits. I don't think we should be annoyed by it. It seems like a mutual interest, but the benefits do force people to party up and that may turn off some players. I think both types of players feelings are valid here. I think things will be better with more content geared towards solo players.

Yeah, I'm fine with that of course. I just wanted to make a post to point out that there is a benefit to teaming up, for any that may not be aware yet (and that there are plenty of players who DO like to group up). 🙂

@Bette That's fair then. I agree with this.

@Ranmaru said in That feeling when everyone queues up solo at an UQ and no one uses your party beacon:

Yeah, I'm fine with that of course. I just wanted to make a post to point out that there is a benefit to teaming up, for any that may not be aware yet (and that there are plenty of players who DO like to group up). 🙂

What are the difference between solo and party? Because I obtain more of what I want solo than I have in a group. Maybe I am missing something I’m not aware of because I am still new to the game.

@RainGnyu said in That feeling when everyone queues up solo at an UQ and no one uses your party beacon:

What are the difference between solo and party? Because I obtain more of what I want solo than I have in a group. Maybe I am missing something I’m not aware of because I am still new to the game.

Story quests are solo, and some NPC quests are solo as well. There's isn't much in-game that requires you to party up with others.

As with most MMO's however, joining a party often makes things easier and faster (though not always). There is also an additional benefit to partying, called Tri-Boost, a bonus as mentioned to in my original post in this thread.

Edit: for clarification, I should add that you can join UQs, Expeditions, or any qualifying multi-party map as a separate party, even if you are solo which allows you to join the event or area without actually teaming up with anyone else. And while there is nothing wrong with that, some players want as much Tri-Boost as they can get, while others can't be bothered to group up for it, and of course there's a rainbow of opinions and preferences. 🙂

I can see you have a reputation for flaming and snarking on the forums here. I'll be sure to ignore your posts in the future.

Allow me to rephrase: People will hurry to the portal and ignore the beacons if you activate the portal first. Additionally if you activate the portal before everyone arrives, some people might take issue with that.

Complaining about censorship? You clearly didn't understand what that post was about. Perhaps you should try baiting and flaming someone whose reading comprehension is below yours, you might have an easier go at it.

I'm saying that these people hate it when you do that.... I'm not saying they're right in hating it mind.

@Mattwo7 Not everyone that hates censorship is conservative, or half of the other garbage you spouted off. Way to generalize people into a group, in a very discriminatory way, whilst further derailing the topic. This post is about party beacons set during urgent quests, keep the topic on point.

@Bette I join the beacons if I see them, but that's if someone hasn't set off the teleport pad yet. I also get weary as to the beacons I join, as some party leaders have had the selfish tendency to start a new UQ, before I grab all of the end game loot. That's probably why a lot of players play solo. Because if your not with your friends or alliance members, you don't know who you can trust.

@Anarchy-Marine After hearing others experiences with UQ groups and party beacons, I am beginning to understand this better. Thank you for your point of view.

I wish I would have started this thread much differently than I did because I am finding value in the feedback and insight being offered here from other players.