Has everyone quit the game yet?

Dunno about "everyone," but my friends have all quit because of issues regarding installation--I don't mean to sound like I had a lot of friends lol but the few that started the game with me couldn't get the game to work consistently, even with the tweaker. Anyone making the tweaker seem like a universal remedy is ill-informed. My buddies are no strangers to the inner workings of Windows either, so I can understand why the install/uninstall issue would get some people to quit.

Personally, I've also been playing less and less each day haha. I made some friends and it was fun farming with them, but they haven't gotten on recently and I bet that has had an impact on my willingness to play as well. It also doesn't help that the extremely small chance of actually getting a nemesis/slave weapon to drop and selling it will only help you with a fraction of the cost of buying any new fashion items…and this is coming from a male character's perspective haha we only need to worry about accessories since the outfits barely cost a dime.

There hasn't really been anything driving me to play the game after maxing classes and skill points, and that was after the last ABR event a while back. I mean I'll get on for maybe an hour or two of ultimates after work if I feel like it or maybe if a good urgent quest is up, but as of right now, the only consistent fun I really have with the game in its current state is Black Nyack.

@havox4 Hello, doing fine. Slowly catching up. Once we get crafting in August we'll be dandy. There really isn't much censoring, and it's not a big deal anyway. How is JP right now? We have a content map, and if JP is doing well, then that means we will do just as well coming into next year. They stated there will be other platforms, so that should help things with NA in time.

@havox4

There's always got to be that one guy who has to take a dump on everyone's parade for "playing the wrong version" of the game.

I'm doing quite well ,by the way. Having a great deal of fun, working on getting my Braver's four Class-EX skill points, as well as finishing up Episode 3. You know, enjoying the game, having a grand old time, not crying that my game isn't at complete parity yet.

The nice thing is that, we are still playing the same game. We also get to experience it from it's 'infancy'. So I respect having to farm for Nemesis or Slave weapons when I would be able to get easy drops in JP. At least with getting Novel weapons, it is less of a grind. It eases people in, but takes away the accomplishment factor. I am getting to re-live moments I've missed with my 8 year long hiatus. I'm theorizing about affixes again, and having a blast. Even if the affixes are yet to be here. It's the same game, and is still fun.

@Ranmaru said in Has everyone quit the game yet?:

How is JP right now?

Right this very moment ship2 is pretty empty, only 1 full block. But yes, that's past Jap prime time, normally pop is fine. Glad it's working out for you, you'll have quite the catching up to do. August is end of EP6, September is the 4th successor class with gunblades and my understanding is, big "not EP7" content drop is also planned for this year.

@Ephemiel said in Has everyone quit the game yet?:

@Doam-Burger said in Has everyone quit the game yet?:

The tweaker isn't common knowledge and its even a red flag for many many people

It's extremely common knowledge and it has zero red flags since it's the exact same Tweaker from the exact same people that did it for the JP version.

No, it's not.

/Discussion.

I still play NA, but I am playing it less and less as more of my friends are having the game bomb for them even with Tweaker to a state that they cannot fix it at all.

I got my Japan account back up and running and boy things are night and day between NA and JP.

The flavour text to everything, the lore to each place and item and quest.

The progression (Yes I love being restricted to X level caps adn then doing a quest to get past that cap), old type and new type weapons.

There's so many things the NA went to try and streamline the game only to end up screwing up quite bad.

And yes, it's a ''NEW'' game in NA BUT it's not an excuse that a game that worked for 8 years (With problems mind you), has MASSIVe issues at launch for PC players in NA that STILL haven't been fixed and the most common solution is a third party application WHICH should not be a solution to get a game to RUN in the first place.

Yes I hear you making the argument ''b-but you need a third party game to run the Japan version!''.

Technically false, you can run it WITHOUT it, but you just cannot access it unless you are in Japan etc.

I didn't quit PSO2 but I did quit the NA server. Migrated to JP and I am just loving it over there. Big difference not just in content but changes. Once you play on JP you will see just how many stupid and unnecessary changes NA has made so far and you'll wonder why you even bothered.

@SleeprunnerInc said in Has everyone quit the game yet?:

And yes, it's a ''NEW'' game in NA BUT it's not an excuse that a game that worked for 8 years (With problems mind you), has MASSIVe issues at launch for PC players in NA that STILL haven't been fixed and the most common solution is a third party application WHICH should not be a solution to get a game to RUN in the first place.

Here's the thing - The biggest problem PSO2 has right now is literally caused by the Windows Store, and not the game it's self, or even the exectuable. Every problem with PSO2 deleting it's self, self-replicating it's self due to the Windows Store's asinine way of backing up programs, or simply the game not launching is tied to Microsoft, not Sega.

Sega can go straight to Microsoft and say "Hey, hey you, there's a problem ,we REALLY need you to help us fix it!", and at that point it's on Microsoft to actually, you know, fix it. Contrary to popular belief, Sega does not have the power to make adjustments to the Windows Store themselves. This isn't even a problem unique to PSO2, as other games on the Windows Store have the exact same issue that PSO2 does right now.

The only thing that Sega can do is look into getting the game on other platforms, which again isn't a simple "Copy, Past, go" process. Beyond the actual legal mumbo jumbo of getting the game on, say, a platform like Steam, there's then the process of making sure the launcher actually works while being launched through Steam. This isn't the same as having a game you installed launch using a Steam Overlay.

And lastly - Yes, it sucks that PSO2 had to launch through the Windows Store, but that was literally the only way we were going to get the game officially in the US. Sega had no interest in launching the game otherwise without Microsoft flipping the bill for the localization process and all the under the hood work to get it to us. It was literally this, or nothing.

@Zizel said in Has everyone quit the game yet?:

I didn't quit PSO2 but I did quit the NA server. Migrated to JP and I am just loving it over there. Big difference not just in content but changes. Once you play on JP you will see just how many stupid and unnecessary changes NA has made so far and you'll wonder why you even bothered.

I mean, I've yet to see any of these "Stupid and unncessary changes" that the NA version has had. I'm playing the game just fine over here right now, enjoying it, and other than some akward translation choices in Episode 3, fail to see why I would want to play the Japanese version over it, especially since the NA version's going to be at complete parity with the Japanese version next year.

Again - there's always got to be that one person who has to dump on everyone's parade for "playing the wrong version".

@Blade-Syphon said in Has everyone quit the game yet?:

fail to see why I would want to play the Japanese version over it, especially since the NA version's going to be at complete parity with the Japanese version next year

I've only played for a month so I'm far from being PSO2 expert but here are some key differences that are important to me personally:

• Better translations
  • No height censorship, can post any SA without the chatban risk when Karens report you to the manager GMs
  • Free pso2es storage
  • Outside NA can give SEGA money with 2 clicks tthrough pso2es, don't have to fiddle with giftcards
  • No Fortnite pass (yet, and hopefully forever)

Also, as JP keeps releasing new content, NA will not have parity any time soon, JP will still be ahead.

@Lulu said in Has everyone quit the game yet?:

@Doam-Burger said in Has everyone quit the game yet?:

The tweaker isn't common knowledge and its even a red flag for many many people

It's extremely common knowledge and it has zero red flags since it's the exact same Tweaker from the exact same people that did it for the JP version.

No, it's not.

/Discussion.

Don't bother the poster nit picked a single part of my post ignoring everything I used to back up my statement. The poster is a white knight the worst thing on any forum blindly defending against any sort of truth, opinion, or suggestion that they deem a slight against the perfect vision they've concocted. They drive away more people than any troll could ever hope to accomplish.

Everyone won't have to quit...The game will do it for ya '-O-'

To be fair it's on the tail end of content i log in to do daily and then i play some over the weekend for weekly ranking Time atk and red box run's sometimes i do these during the week. it will be like this till the patch

@coldreactive said in Has everyone quit the game yet?:

It's extremely common knowledge

Not for genuinely new players to the game / series.

Or anybody that can be bothered to do a basic google search before complaining on the forums. As I've said time and again, complaints are legit, but there are fixesthat work atm (such as tweaker). A lot of people are just so used to things like steam just allowing you to press play that the tinest bit of troubleshooting breaks their brain.

@havox4 said in Has everyone quit the game yet?:

You can't quit NA if you started on JP alt text

How are you NA people doing? Still on EP3 content, no advanced classes, still censored after the original please uncensor game was posted in Suggestions in February half a year ago, still no Steam release or even a date when that will happen eh. Well, good luck with that and all that.

It is this elitist holier-than-thou attitude that gives everyone the impression you are self-centered toxic individuals. A lot of us didn't like the hoops we had to go through to get into JP. We did not like SEGA's unwillingness to localize the game. The broken promises and 8 years of being teased and lead on convinced many of us to simply avoid JP.

Many new to the game from NA actually don't give a crap that some of you played on JP all this time.