Has everyone quit the game yet?

hello people, so i was one of those people that downloaded the game in launch and had major issues. The game installing multiple copies , the game not deleting. I had to reformat 2 computers and i have stayed away since. I check the forums every week or two hoping that they actually fixed these issues. From what i can see they have not. Its really a shame to bring the pso ip to america and destroy it . Alot of younger people never even heard of the game. Ive been a fan since it launched on dreamcast . I still have my dreamcast and my copy of pso. What a great game it was back in the day. They also have the phantasy star online blue burst servers which if you search they are still up by a private party.

@Suffolk2 Use the pso2 tweaker. Many threads on this already.

The tweaker isn't common knowledge and its even a red flag for many many people. In no way shape or form is relying heavily on a third party app to get your game into not only playable state but a state that doesn't mess with your PC acceptable. So many people did bail and many are simply waiting for a steam launch. The tweaker existed prior to let players play on the JPN server and the whole idea they need it for the NA version means many go back to the JPN version with all of their previous progress in a more updated settings. It also creates o path for new players who started with NA to simply use the tweaker they installed to install the japanese version with english patches.

Basically wait for steam and see how it goes is the name of the game

I'm still playing the game and won't quit. Yet, I hope things work out for you. Don't give up if you do enjoy this game. Good luck.

@Doam-Burger said in Has everyone quit the game yet?:

The tweaker isn't common knowledge and its even a red flag for many many people

It's extremely common knowledge and it has zero red flags since it's the exact same Tweaker from the exact same people that did it for the JP version.

@Ephemiel said in Has everyone quit the game yet?:

It's extremely common knowledge

Not for genuinely new players to the game / series.

@coldreactive Well google is your friend. It’ok be common knowledge if you’re looking for how to fix your problems.

@Cikia We live in a world where people would sooner complain about things and give up than bother to do their homework. Also the tweaker doesn't always fix everything for everyone from what I've heard. The "other PC platforms" release will be a huge boon to the game.

@Mattwo7 It’s almost like they want negative outcomes for a game if they’re not able to play it or something... really spiteful topic tbh. Pointing out problems is fine if they haven’t already been a million times, but this is just one of those “I can’t play so the game must be bad” posts. Fun!

Yet another thread of another 13year-old know it all who at some point has to cry out for attention.

Sorry to disappoint you, plenty of people are playing ... use the tweaker ... I have still had the game lock up or uninstall itself, but guess what? I reinstall and use the tweaker ... also guess what? Im still playing ...

In terms of unique accounts the number of players opening 1 red item container in quests each week is around a quarter of what it was on PC launch week. Much of that will be the traditional MMO launch spike but the installation mess will surely have accelerated early loss of interest.

Fortunately there seems to be a lot of players interested in returning to the game when it's stable, and probably many more to be arriving if those other PC launchers include a competently-delivered Steam release.

You can't quit NA if you started on JP alt text

How are you NA people doing? Still on EP3 content, no advanced classes, still censored after the original please uncensor game was posted in Suggestions in February half a year ago, still no Steam release or even a date when that will happen eh. Well, good luck with that and all that.

I love the game and enjoy myself as well as others in my guild. I guess some people thought if they can’t play the game was going to fail. Maybe eight years from now that could be true?

@havox4 said in Has everyone quit the game yet?:

How are you NA people doing? Still on EP3 content, no advanced classes, still censored after the original please uncensor game was posted in Suggestions in February half a year ago, still no Steam release or even a date when that will happen eh. Well, good luck with that and all that.

Mostly fine. There's a lot of issues we have due to straight translation rather than true localization in some locations. (The "Quests Abandoned" text in the Quest Information dialogue needs to say "Abandon Quest" instead, as one example.)

The "Censoring" so far has been limited to height slider, and a couple minor adjustments, I believe? To some camos and whatnot. The boob bouncing is mostly intact, but the original Xbox One and Xbox One S cannot boob bounce due to client limitations present in their versions.

Challenge Blocks were a thing back, early on, in JP, rather than Challenge Ships, which JP eventually got. You can consider a lot of the current NA version to just be an early JP release, but with some of the newer content's data already in the files, just locked.

it apparently was discovered that the JP version has data for the Mission Pass system like NA does.