Spam bots

hello all, this is my first time here. I guess my question is do you guys think we need a GM to at least hang out on 1 floor to ban hammer these spam bots, i mean there getting smart and now are in the shopping area spamming. Now I hang out in the Cafe but I'm Afraid 😨 they'll pop there too. I do report them but I feel like they don't get banned fast enough. Is anyone else annoyed by these bots or should I just let it be and there's no winning lol

Nah they annoying. Report them nonstop.

With the coming of a free game, of course there are going to be money bots and whatever the like. The most you can do is just report bots as they come in. And they will never stop coming in, so you'll be clicking that "report player" button a lot of times.

It sadly going to be impossible for the devs to keep all of these bots under control with how it a F2P game and you can type in chat for free and at any level. This is why the devs at Archeage put level caps requirements to type in chat for solo purpose of blocking these gold sellers from mass making accounts and setting them on bot programs to go around spamming their websites. An unless the devs do something similar here this will never go away.

@Kro-Dragon FFXIV has them even though they keep publicly announcing ban waves and it's a P2P game.

@SonoVulpin said in Spam bots:

It sadly going to be impossible for the devs to keep all of these bots under control with how it a F2P game and you can type in chat for free and at any level. This is why the devs at Archeage put level caps requirements to type in chat for solo purpose of blocking these gold sellers from mass making accounts and setting them on bot programs to go around spamming their websites. An unless the devs do something similar here this will never go away.

That is a terrible idea. They're just going to start hacking accounts with Sega refusing to give us them back and what level minimum would even be enough that it's easy to grind to but not too easy to grind to for the bots? Besides, their farming bots could do double duty anyway...

Guess I'm doomed to keep reporting. thanks guys.

Yes, ignoring and if you feel like it, reporting. Only way to deal with it. Also lock your personal rooms. Never know when they will find their way into those as well.

they have invaded the Cafe now too and it's not just every 5 mins now it's every second 😞

@Mattwo7 That a few bold claims there. An all complete false ones as well. Firstly SEGA doesn't handle accounts Microsoft does it all through their xbox live service so good luck hacking and stealing an account from there that also even played PSO2. Second If by some chance they do manage to steal someones xbox information Microsoft has very easy guidelines and systems in place to get your account back on top of very strict security when comes to handling account information. Third if they could hack into people's accounts they would have done so already cause guess what people link to their xbox live accounts to pay for xbox live their credit card. Why hack an account just to make a bot to sell gold in a game? Why not just take the credit card information leave the account as is and take the user's money?

Also any level past 20 would be acceptable it have to be done manually in the end sense this game is an action combat system with randomly generated maps so designing a bot that can dodge perfectly and navigate randomly generated maps would be literally impossible. I can't see a single way they could design an AI program intelligent enough to level it self with this game. It not like other MMOs were you tab target and enemy than press 1,2,3,4,5 to use attacks. An determining the exact x,y,z coordinates to navigate through the map would be impossible when the map layout is completely different 100% of the time.

@ZorokiHanuke Can't see any reason why they'd even program the bot to enter someones room. 99% of the time there no one in a personal quarters so who exactly would even get their message the void of space and time most likely. It would just be a waste of time for them to program the bots to do this. It be like placing an advertisement board at the bottom of the ocean sure it could be done but why even do it who would even see it?

@SonoVulpin said in Spam bots:

Firstly SEGA doesn't handle accounts Microsoft does

Bit of a brain fart there. I'm sure Sega has some say in the matter though, it's their game.

Second If by some chance they do manage to steal someones xbox information Microsoft has very easy guidelines and systems in place to get your account back on top of very strict security when comes to handling account information.

And yet they refuse to unban people from the game who happen to be in the vicinity of a hacker from what I've heard. Or was that just the Japanese version?

Third if they could hack into people's accounts they would have done so already cause guess what people link to their xbox live accounts to pay for xbox live their credit card.

Who's to say they don't? There's no evidence either way so neither of us can claim we're right here.

Why hack an account just to make a bot to sell gold in a game? Why not just take the credit card information leave the account as is and take the user's money?

why-not-both-5a98ee.jpg

it have to be done manually in the end sense this game is an action combat system with randomly generated maps so designing a bot that can dodge perfectly and navigate randomly generated maps would be literally impossible. I can't see a single way they could design an AI program intelligent enough to level it self with this game. It not like other MMOs were you tab target and enemy than press 1,2,3,4,5 to use attacks. An determining the exact x,y,z coordinates to navigate through the map would be impossible when the map layout is completely different 100% of the time.

Well, it's certainly possible it's manual, I have heard that there are places in China were people gold farm as their actual job. Whether the farming is manual or not is kind of beside the point though, they could still use these accounts for goldspam.

@Mattwo7 Sadly I can't say I'd be surprised if they failed to identity the bot and ended up banning people around the bot. I've sadly seen cases in other games were moderators have forum banned every user that posted in a toxic thread. Even if many of the banned users posted comments that didn't brake any TOS the mods still banned their forum accounts. So I can see some extremely lazy mod miss clicking and banning someone by accident than covering it all up to save their own ass.

Also my idea wouldn't be a perfect absolute solution I'm aware of this but it would prevent the mass creation of hundreds of bot gold selling accounts per day and greatly reduce the numbers were seeing right now. At the small cost of convenience for new players.

@SonoVulpin Sounds like striking an unhole hybrid insect of roach and hornet's nest to me but this really isn't up to us anyway.

@SonoVulpin My comment had a solid 87% of sarcasm into it.