I'm considering a ship transfer but I have reservations...

Primary concern being that apparently nothing in Storage will come with.

Am I reading that right? Quoting directly: "Storage Storage Items

*Includes Extended Storage, Premium Storage, Game Pass Storage, Pickup Storage, and Alliance Storage items. Deposited Meseta"

That's a slaughterhouse. Harvested materials alone is a few dozen things, buffs a few dozen more, saved weapons are a couple hundred more. I do not have that kind of space in my pockets. Also, I bought the Sonic Founder's pack and this sounds like the storage expansion tickets used would also be sacrificed.

Is this for real?

This is how it is on JP as well. Character Storage is the only storage that goes with your character. Character Storage is the only storage that can be upgraded:

alt text

Thanks for the answers. I'll consider the topic further.

Also that is a terrible system. What problems are solved by being so restrictive?

Is Default Storage also transferred?

@BerettaTFN said in I'm considering a ship transfer but I have reservations...:

Is Default Storage also transferred?

No. it's considered a ship-based storage available to all characters on that ship, meaning it's locked / bound to that ship rather than each character.

(cough cough, so is the personal quarters, make sure you take out furniture you want to go with you.)

Right, thanks. Good eye on the personal quarters.

To be clear this is how we've been told it'll work on NA as well: https://pso2.com/manual/character/transfer

"Character Storage Items" and "Character Storage Expansions" are listed as being included.

Note that while furnishing items can be removed and placed in an inventory (remember your Auxiliary Console!!), other aspects of a room cannot be. This includes music disks you have used which are registered per ship, so if you have unused disks it's best to keep those in item form.

Also that is a terrible system. What problems are solved by being so restrictive?

It slightly stops people from going from one ship to another and buying/selling hundreds upon hundreds of items then bringing back hundreds more.

@Nuebot said in I'm considering a ship transfer but I have reservations...:

It slightly stops people from going from one ship to another and buying/selling hundreds upon hundreds of items then bringing back hundreds more.

Also uh.. "inventory stretching." If moving items required producing extra space for their arrival one could theoretically just keep pumping spam via transfers to get discounted (?) storage space with the possibility of breaking the 1000 storage limit.

Both cases though sound like solutions looking for problems more than critical game systems being protected. But eh, what do I know about it? In any event I pared my junk down to what'll fit in the overhead storage compartment -err, Character Storage and am queued for a ticket to Feoh. I do wish I got a refund on my apartment remodel.

(I did remember my partner console!)

@BerettaTFN Considering that there are already people eager to chomp at the bit and transfer over to 4-6 and dominate those economies if they ever open up, I don't think it's so much as "looking" for problems as it is predicting human behavior after mild observation.

@Nuebot said in I'm considering a ship transfer but I have reservations...:

So "slightly" is not the keyword of this observation?

Given that there isn't an in-game way to turn meseta into AC someone who makes a hundred billion meseta still has, in the immortal words of the super-saver coupons, "value less than or equal to 1/20th of a penny." And even doing is no case for somehow wrecking the PSO2 economy given that some rank 15 disks, arguably the most essential tradable element of gameplay, retail for 1050 meseta. Additionally most disks are available in the hundreds which makes the idea of cornering the market on them unlikely.