Was renaming this bow camo really necessary?

This is the same bow camo that they've decided to rename for some reason:

Season 1, March:

alt text

Current season, July:

alt text

I'd really like to know why they decided to rename it. Is this what they plan on doing every time they need an item to fit a theme?

It's cool that they changed the name but they can't change any of the item text ever.

@Nuebot Why is it cool? What was wrong with the old name?

@CFR said in Was renaming this bow camo really necessary?:

That was sarcasm. Lol.

What are you talking about. It's a different weapon. Can't you see the 1 pixel that's different in the far left corner of the weapon.

@Reilet said in Was renaming this bow camo really necessary?:

What are you talking about. It's a different weapon. Can't you see the 1 pixel that's different in the far left corner of the weapon.

It's the same item. People who had it before the change have it with the new name now.

He's talking about the fact that item description text on our server is generic "An item equippable as a Sword." rather than the flavour and/or lore text that the JP version of that item had.

Honestly I'm not sure why the name was changed, but I also don't see there being any real harm in it having been changed especially since it's not tradable so people won't be searching for the old name in player shops.

It clearly had too unique of a name. I look forward to our future where we wield Swords, Advanced Swords, Better Swords and Event Swords, all items Equippable as a Sword against our deadly space foes.

The name surely was better. Yet I also don't think it's a big deal. Yet in the future they should try to keep things consistent. It doesn't hurt my desire to play the game. Other things might. Focus on the important things first.

@Nuebot said in Was renaming this bow camo really necessary?:

I look forward to our future where we wield Swords, Advanced Swords, Better Swords and Event Swords, all items Equippable as a Sword against our deadly space foes.

GMs? Here's your April Fools Day 2021 event right here. 👍

Love the new name. It's easier to pronounce and spell. Finally something renamed in the NA version that doesn't throw me off.

Honestly im kinda happy they added something from a previous season since I just started playing last week.

@Miraglyth said in Was renaming this bow camo really necessary?:

@Reilet said in Was renaming this bow camo really necessary?:

It's the same item. People who had it before the change have it with the new name now.

And people say I have trouble telling when people aren't being serious. The way you can tell here is the "1 pixel different" bit. It's one of the oldest ones in the book of [verbal] irony.

I'm guessing the person it's named after went.. "NOPE"

@Redex said in Was renaming this bow camo really necessary?:

I'm guessing the person it's named after went.. "NOPE"

Who's it named after?

@Mattwo7 Probably nobody, just a funny thought.. Maybe they just wanted it to sound English for no real reason.