Please Sega, Stop Shooting Yourself in the Foot

Bro, it's always been like this. Over time, content gets easier and easier to obtain, until new content comes out which is hard to get and gets periodically easier to obtain. It's not a bad thing, so sorry your... drop elitism? Went wrong, but that's just how it is and that's how this game has been alive for 8 years and counting with a healthy ammount of players.

Again, I don't mind them invalidating gear, skills, etc... as you all mentioned, it is of course expected given were on a collapsed release schedule.

What I do mind is within a week time frame, they invalidated SG bought triggers, not by introducing new content, but instead by just adding a random boost to basic leveling content many of us have likely been doing for the past month already.

If they had released a new UQ or ultimate that had higher RB2 drop rates --- no complaints here

@Eislley Not really invalid, those rare affixes are still gonna be pretty damn useful.

You wasted SG. It was easy to get the Ray set just from dailies and running the UQ when it was up. I don't get why anyone would need triggers unless you only play maybe one day per week.

The VR thing had really shitty timers that probably worked out better for those in EU or something.

@Tomoe Yeah it was generally at decent times in the afternoon for us like 7-8 and 9pm ones when I would imagine there are quite a few european players on

To those complaining/concerned about this, please realize they're trying to push out like six to eight years of content in about six months.

Literally everything that we get is only going to be worthwhile for a fraction of the amount of time it was originally intended to be. Take a month break from the game right now and when you come back there'll be something newer and better to replace everything you just put effort into getting. That's how PSO2 NA is going to work until they catch up to JP. This isn't a secret or something unexpected.

If you aren't ready to accept such speedy progression making your effort and expenditures feel 'wasted', then I suggest you don't put in quite so much of either for now.

Yes, I think it's important for you and your alliance to slow down. That may mean taking a break, and preparing for the new content that will be coming. I think that might help y'all, put some perspective in your minds. I also had burn out, but once I learned of the content map, I was grinding hard.

@Doam-Burger said in Please Sega, Stop Shooting Yourself in the Foot:

Elitists and the clueless are really having a good time these days always complaining about this or that while completely ignoring the obvious.

Welcome to online gaming.

At least they make it extremely easy to figure out who they are so they can be ignored.

@Ranmaru said in Please Sega, Stop Shooting Yourself in the Foot:

I'm glad VR is done with. I don't like it at all.

Tokyo Expedition is basically just the VR UQ, but as an expedition, and with only Esper enemies. Or whatever they're called in NA. The main difference is, the enemies all individually drop stuff, rather than at the end.

@coldreactive I'm aware of that one too, but I mean to say that I'm glad the UQ phase of it is done for now. Later on it'll be easy to ignore except in the case of arks missions relating to it.

@Ranmaru said in Please Sega, Stop Shooting Yourself in the Foot:

in the case of arks missions relating to it.

I'm dreading the Los Angeles quest where you MUST pilot the other non-AIS vehicle.

@coldreactive said in Please Sega, Stop Shooting Yourself in the Foot:

and with only Esper enemies. Or whatever they're called in NA

Phantasams apparently. Makes sense because it's less confusing when paired with the Scion class. I wonder if the fan translation for the Japanese version will be updated. Would completely invalidate an old White Day joke I made before though.

tumblr_4731b7c872448366f1833c928fe7872b_1e8d1355_1280.png

@coldreactive said in Please Sega, Stop Shooting Yourself in the Foot:

Los Angeles quest where you MUST pilot the other non-AIS vehicle.

Ah yes I remember that one. Los_Angeles,_Winter_2016.png

Big point missed here... the fact that the triggers are available for purchase for every “major” UQ release and not necessarily released for you to farm badges from it. There were Magatsu triggers, now PD triggers, with the purpose of giving people the opportunity to do them outside of UQ times. The loot from each UQ is irrelevant to it being available as a trigger bought by SG. The decision to spend SG is still on you.

Also with this complaint’s logic, the people who farmed Ray units from ultimate should be the ones fuming anyways...

@Eisley Quit crying about everything. Just play the damn game , it's free to play anyways. If your buying things then its your fault, jumping the gun is your problem