Recent update is a proof NA Sega doesn't really care

@Ezodagrom said in Recent update is a proof NA Sega doesn't really care:

The skating quests

Don't remember those. All I remember was the one with the hoverbike and the one with the animal.

@Mattwo7 Oh, it was a hoverboard race:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMEwXpy43jI

@GM-Deynger BTW I rescind my suggestions of 50 man raids and true PVP. I still would like to see more of a proper open world (even the first PSO handled the exploration aspect better) but I'm rescinding that suggestion too. All of those were made on the untrue memory that Sega was calling the game an MMO.

SG is fine, cosmetics are not a necessity

@pso2blah SG is also used for material storage, an QoL improvement that is often considered borderline necessary, and there are sg scratches that give affix items; isn't attack receptor an affix item in this SG scratch? So SG is not just cosmetics.

Furthermore there is no reason why we should be monetized so much more aggressively than JP. Our SG incomes should be as close as possible to each other out of principle. There is no market difference nor cultural difference that was necessitate us being monetized so much more aggressively.

@Archetype-Luna Be careful how you word that kind of thing. It's been known for a while now that the Fortnite Pass was added to the Japanese game data.

@Archetype-Luna said in Recent update is a proof NA Sega doesn't really care:

@pso2blah SG is also used for material storage, an QoL improvement that is often considered borderline necessary, and there are sg scratches that give affix items; isn't attack receptor an affix item in this SG scratch? So SG is not just cosmetics.

Furthermore there is no reason why we should be monetized so much more aggressively than JP. Our SG incomes should be as close as possible to each other out of principle. There is no market difference nor cultural difference that was necessitate us being monetized so much more aggressively.

Hmm, you're right. I forgot about material storage

@Mattwo7 said in Recent update is a proof NA Sega doesn't really care:

@Archetype-Luna Be careful how you word that kind of thing. It's been known for a while now that the Fortnite Pass was added to the Japanese game data.

Who knows, could be included as part of that 'big update' that they are planning. Using the NA version as a platform to test these things out... or much like all the SEA leftovers (FB login, Stats in costumes, etc) its just data sitting there from other versions. : P

You mean the mission pass? If so, I actually don't have an issue with it. Its SG cost for gold evens out if you progress through the tiers and gives you a net increase of 100 if you choose to not buy gold. It is easy to reach Tier 35 in how long they give you so you would only need to buy tiers if you started mid way.

My issue is in the lack of additional SG sources even though we have content that could easily be used to give SG.

I still would like to see more of a proper open world (even the first PSO handled the exploration aspect better) but I'm rescinding that suggestion too.

Personally I would like to see bigger and more complex maps than what PSO2 has now (while still being instanced).

@Ezodagrom said in Recent update is a proof NA Sega doesn't really care:

I still would like to see more of a proper open world (even the first PSO handled the exploration aspect better) but I'm rescinding that suggestion too.

Personally I would like to see bigger and more complex maps than what PSO2 has now (while still being instanced).

Im up for this too! I definitely miss feeling like im exploring an actual 'area' in PSO1 and the variety of other things you needed to progress. PSO2's randomly generated maps were good for its time but procedural generation has definitely come a long way, they can keep the uncertainty of the map layouts while also giving us more to do than just progress through various areas beating up enemies.

@Leonkh99 said in Recent update is a proof NA Sega doesn't really care:

Im up for this too! I definitely miss feeling like im exploring an actual 'area' in PSO1 and the variety of other things you needed to progress. PSO2's randomly generated maps were good for its time but procedural generation has definitely come a long way, they can keep the uncertainty of the map layouts while also giving us more to do than just progress through various areas beating up enemies.

Unless I am mistaken, the maps aren't procedurally generated, they're randomly chosen from a rotation like what PSU did. Except in the quests with set maps like time attack of course. Also unless I'm forgetting something, Daybreak, Nightfall, Vegas and Tokyo are always the same map (story-exclusive locations aside).

Each map variant has different spawn patterns like PSU too, in spite of the infinite respawn mechanic in PSO2. You can usually find specific uncommon enemies (like the giant sylvant pillbugs in Forest and Jaged Dingells) and specific emergency trials in specific spots during expeditions (I've heard tell of an alliance that always had one player camped in a specific spot to farm a certain boss).

Obviously farming rare stuff is still going to be a chore regardless, contrast PSU where you can dump a quest if the map layout doesn't have a rare spawn until you find one that does though. In PSO2, rare stuff appears regardless of map layout, though it's entirely possible that the encounter rate depends on the layout but there's not as much research on the game as there was PSU so IDK.

I'll say this much, Harukotan and Earth are giant disappointments when it comes to expeditions. I hope they get overhauled in the not-episode update.

I'm still disappointed by the fact that it feels like outside of Ultimate, there's really no "end game" content with lvl 71+ enemies that's readily available. The closest thing are Advance Quests needs capsules that you won't be able to farm enough to rotate for runs.

@metafalica1 said in Recent update is a proof NA Sega doesn't really care:

The closest thing are Advance Quests needs capsules that you won't be able to farm enough to rotate for runs.

There are various ways to buy them you know. One of note being the alliance store which gives them to your entire alliance.

@metafalica1 said in Recent update is a proof NA Sega doesn't really care:

I'm still disappointed by the fact that it feels like outside of Ultimate, there's really no "end game" content with lvl 71+ enemies that's readily available. The closest thing are Advance Quests needs capsules that you won't be able to farm enough to rotate for runs.

To be fair, those are coming in later episodes. August gives us EP4 so we should be seeing higher level enemies soon. Also, once you get an Advance Quest to 50, you only need 1 capsule per run.