Recent update is a proof NA Sega doesn't really care

I hope Sega doesn't listen to anyone in this forum. It's a mess full of people whining about absolutely everything and it's all meaningless made up problems wanting to burn down the game and the devs.

Game's great, there are issues, stuff can be fixed, but none of what you mentioned is an actual issue. Just personal desires.

Clients uninstalling? That's an issue. Stuff not being handed to you how YOU desire? Not an issue.

The roadmap release was enough to set myself at ease, assuming they follow that i have no qualms.. OP is really dramatizing this by saying they don't care.. This month will be hella boring though before Episode 4 release if all I'm going to be doing is farming Deo as OP said (which is all i do now and I'm up to quite a high number of ex cubes atm). Something in Zieg would be nice to work towards

@Nahiko-Road said in Recent update is a proof NA Sega doesn't really care:

The roadmap release was enough to set myself at ease, assuming they follow that i have no qualms.. OP is really dramatizing this by saying they don't care.. This month will be hella boring though before Episode 4 release if all I'm going to be doing is farming Deo as OP said (which is all i do now and I'm up to quite a high number of ex cubes atm). Something in Zieg would be nice to work towards

I guess at least Mining Base 4 should be a nice distraction until Ep4 comes out? Even though it probably won't have any good drops, at least it should be fun to run (I'm expecting it to come out on the 22nd).

The thing is they showed us that they are capable of changing stats and switching potentials around like falz rifle, they showed us they can adjust stats for bosses as seen on super hard. @Shirokami07 - They removed the invade weapons and adding nothing new to the boss while making him beatable in 5-10 minutes. What is so great about this? How is this acceptable amount of work put in from sega since the last update? This could have been fixed, but they didn't. They didn't test this boss out at all and just threw it in there. You can say that it's not a problem and that it doesn't follow my desire that's true, but when you see a massive decline in population there's probably something they're not doing right and there's a good chance that those who stopped playing won't come back. @Ezodagrom - Mining base 4 would be nice.. IF they add something to it. If they add nothing to it like the recent urgent then you're going to have people stop doing it pretty quickly. @Nahiko-Road - I don't think they've done anything exceptional. Every urgent drops almost the same thing and extremely sparsely.

@Hiyame2563 Unfortunately subpar equipment in urgent quests will probably remain a thing until mid episode 4...

Mining Base 4, I really don't think it'll have any equipment drops worth noting, unless they convert Orbit weapons from OT to NT (well, actually, a few Orbit weapons are NT, but not the ones that drop on Mining Base 4 on JP, just the ones that drop on the Ep4 Mining Base VR).

@Hiyame2563 said in Recent update is a proof NA Sega doesn't really care:

They removed the invade weapons and adding nothing new to the boss while making him beatable in 5-10 minutes. What is so great about this? How is this acceptable amount of work put in from sega since the last update? This could have been fixed, but they didn't. They didn't test this boss out at all and just threw it in there.

Well they didn't really remove anything.. they just introduced the first version of PD. They didn't change anything about it. This is Ep3 PD not Ep4 PD. Keep that in mind. Our Nem/Slave 13* weapons are too strong for Ep3 content, thus the 5-10 min clears.

@Hiyame2563 Population drop? They're probably predicting a massive surge when they release on other PC platforms tbh. I don't think Sega really cares that much about people who fuss over numbers like you do when it comes to PSO2. I'm not sure if they ever had.

If this game were designed to be catering to a more hardcore demographic, why isn't there proper PVP? Why are all the raids on some inane schedule that constantly rotates with older raid content dropped from rotation being unscheduled and thus impossible to predict (which is even dumber)? Why aren't there any massive and super challenging 50-man raids that a large chunk of an alliance can do together that the community can compete with each other to race to world first like in WoW? (Not saying modern WoW doesn't cater primarily to casuals because it definitely does but it still has content for hardcore players like the aforementioned 50-man raids and arena PvP that requires you to earn your own gear instead of what PSO2 does with everyone being level 1 and grabbing randomized equips every time they spawn and a point system where you can grab items to gain extra points instead of a deathmatch as deathmatches are more conductive to the eSports scene to my knowledge).

I'm not at all saying this is a good thing mind but Sega found massive success in Japan without doing any of this and never took into consideration that western gamers at large tend to favor more hardcore style content (WoW's shift in focus to cater to casual players is exactly why the game started bleeding subscribers in the first place but Sega simply doesn't care).

That said, this is a F2P game that relies on whales for the most profit, Sega doesn't have to care to keep the game running. Least until the whales start getting bored and/or running out of money. MapleStory 1 is still alive over here after all in spite of it all.

@Mattwo7 Didn't WoW actually start dying to rng gear progression that also completely ruined the idea of having alts? Also PSO2 has more in common with Diablo and loot shooters than it does with any mmorpg. There's also increasingly difficult content as we reach episode 5 and 6 to look forward to including a newer endless mode apparently going by the tutorial pop-up I got upon logging in to JP.

@TsundereMuse I'm pretty sure Destiny 2 has MMORPG style PvP and static endgame content (it does have timed world content like FFXIV but that's another mechanic entirely) not to mention it has a proper (albeit instanced) open world (like City of Heroes but on a smaller scale as far as I can tell or Maplestory 2), so your comparison to looter shooters doesn't hold any water. (If anything Destiny 2 is far more of a legit MMORPG than PSO2 is) Not to mention Sega insists that it's an MMORPG so it should be held to MMORPG standards.

As for the endgame content in Episode 5 and 6, it still pales in comparison to 50-man raids.

@Mattwo7 PSO2 does get a more arcade-y type of pvp mode in the near future for us that is actually pretty fun. You could argue that pso2 also has "instanced open-world" content with the multi-party regions that lead to single-party content sort of like Destiny's (not sure honestly on Destiny 2, never played it) open world areas leading to instanced dungeon type content. I had actually had games like Warframe and Anthem in mind when I wrote my post honestly. If Destiny 2 is as you described then I definitely agree it's more of a mmorpg than pso2 though. I guess as far as mmorpgs go, Guild Wars 1 would be a better comparison to pso2 as well. In general I was mostly referring to this being a game that is entirely about massive amounts of loot in quick bursts of gameplay.

I do have to disagree on 50 man raids being a good thing regardless. Raid content in WoW and FF14 ruined both games for me and led to many lost friendships and other issues frankly despite being smaller scale even.

@TsundereMuse said in Recent update is a proof NA Sega doesn't really care:

PSO2 does get a more arcade-y type of pvp mode in the near future for us that is actually pretty fun.

@Mattwo7 said in Recent update is a proof NA Sega doesn't really care:

why isn't there proper PVP?

and arena PvP that requires you to earn your own gear instead of what PSO2 does with everyone being level 1 and grabbing randomized equips every time they spawn and a point system where you can grab items to gain extra points instead of a deathmatch as deathmatches are more conductive to the eSports scene to my knowledge

You could argue that pso2 also has "instanced open-world" content with the multi-party regions that lead to single-party content sort of like Destiny's (not sure honestly on Destiny 2, never played it) open world areas leading to instanced dungeon type content.

Doesn't sound anything like what PSO2 has at all.

Raid content in WoW and FF14 ruined both games for me and led to many lost friendships and other issues frankly despite being smaller scale even.

Sounds like a personal problem from the way you're saying it tbh. I wouldn't know though, I don't do that stuff.

that western gamers at large tend to favor more hardcore style content

No they don't. They say they do, but immediately complain whenever something has even the slightest bit of difficulty, this happens in pretty much every online game. Hell, people here constantly fail at the SECOND Magatsu because they can't be bothered to even aim or bother to use the sword even when the game flatout tells you to do so.

You mentioned WoW? WoW is the BIGGEST proof that western gamers at large don't give a damn about difficulty and only want everything given to them on a silver platter. This is why everything is faceroll easy there.

Matt, to answer one of your questions I think they considered that (doing small raids or large raids) at beta of JP launch but Japanese players did not like it, so they went with the smaller raids. That is probably why it is like this now and will continue being this way.

@Ranmaru Well, that explains a lot frankly. Hopefully in the future they'll consider it for the west to widen the game's appeal. I mean, FFXIV has big endgame content of that sort, I don't see why PSO2 wouldn't in the NA version. I am not expecting that anytime soon though, most of the things they've fixed so far based on player feedback are small simple things and I doubt they'd change anything big until we catch up with Japan.

@GM-Deynger Please pass this along to the dev team.

Raids with more than 12 players would just not work in PSO2.

12 players is sometimes already a mess when it comes to both visuals and audio (even with the visual effects from other players reduced), I don't even want to imagine how it would be with more players.

Visual feedback is important in an action game like PSO2. More than 12 players works in games like WoW or FFXIV because they're not action games.

Personally I want the complete opposite, more content that focuses on 4 players max, especially if that content is difficult.