Recent update is a proof NA Sega doesn't really care

Or has people working there have no clue what they're doing. I've been playing for about two months now and I am pretty confident in saying that NA Sega does not care if this game dies. From beginning and until now has been nothing but failures.

This is going to be a long one.

Lets start from the beginning. First day of PC launch with Microsoft was riddled with server issues and servers being over packed. Massive lag in lobby that wasn't fixed until much later. The complaint of pso2 game uninstalling or hiding itself is not yet resolved. NA Sega wiped it under the rug and ignoring it (Two team mates had it uninstall itself recently and they quit because of it until steam-release) Steam release is "coming soon" What does that even mean. 5 months to a year? Second there is absolutely no transparency in what they update. They stealth add things into the game without saying it while JP pso2 lists everything. Why? Is it because you guys didn't add much or trying to hide that there wasn't much added? There is almost no items being added even with the recent profound darkness. We possibly got Invade armor that is inferior to the Ray armor which they allowed everyone to easily get with glory badges. If you added a new 13 star nobody knows because nobody got one. How happy are your players when they see the same Deo/Sigma items over and over and over again? At least add other 10-12 stars. A lot of people thought you were going to add invade weapons and maybe adjust them in some way since you know. Profound came out before Ultimate in jp and you guys didn't adjust the guy's health or damage to accommodate player's massive damage and armor with nem/slave. The urgent quest which used to be fun became boring and pointless fight that lasts 7-10 minutes when you can only run it once. My team ran it 3 times and all we got was Deo and sigma without a single challenge, where is the fun in that? No loot no challenge. To top it off you guys added another stupid boost for AQ. What makes you guys think its a good idea to pound this thing into people's faces? Is it because you know... you guys added nothing substantial. Everyone is sick of running this thing where nothing drops but Revulsio and sigma and deo. You know who was excited for this boost in my team? Nobody. Not a single person. Earlier you guys released challenge mode that many of my team members were excited for. They wondered what you guys could have put in there for us only to find out you put cheap Revulsios... again... Seriously? You guys reduced challenge block size, I wonder why no one is doing it? Put something in there nice and make it have higher challenge points to purchase so we have something to work for. Who is running the show here and how are they not noticing these failures?

In our mind today we thought you were going to activate Zieg and include invade weapons from profound so we get something to do for a month. We looked at all these triggers you guys gave us and had no motivation to do any more than 1.

What is so difficult about switching things from jp pso to na pso? The only roadblock should be translation/voices and even then you guys could have asked and paid the fan translations that already exist. You don't need to develop items or model or anything! It's already made for you by JP! You guys had so much chance to prove yourself and failed constantly. If Pso2 dies it isn't because the game is bad it's because NA sega failed it.

The reason why I'm so mad is because I loved JP Pso and wanted to play with other English players. I found many great people to play with when i made a team, but I see them slowly all disappear or stop playing due to issues and lack of content. Its frustrating. Pso2 is great game. Please prove me wrong about you guys in the future. I want NA Sega to prove me wrong.

Profound Darkness... unfortunately they released the original 2015 version of this urgent quest, and not the enhanced 2016 version... With the overpowered equipment currently available on NA, they really should have just released the stronger enhanced version of the UQ already. ._.

Ah well, on JP the enhanced version of Profound Darkness was released after the 1st major Episode 4 boss, so I guess the same will happen here, I guess we could expect the enhanced version in late August or something?

Though, note that the lack of challenging content is an issue on JP as well (below the current highest difficulty), because of buffs that players have gotten over the years, enemies below Ultra Hard difficulty just don't have enough HP.

When the NA version was announced I was really hoping that enemies HP would be rebalanced/buffed in general, but unfortunately that didn't happen outside of the Super Hard bug (SH urgent quest bosses have more HP than XH ones)...

NA sega has nothing to do with this, this lies all on JP Sega. They could add new PD Ai with old drop table but that's effort. They just set quest to 1 and be done with it.

You can't give out OT invade / austere so what do you do? NT Invade and Austere are so powerful it would invalidate almost all 14* weapons. TD4 cant drop anything either because it runs into the same issue.

You just have to deal with it, this release was made for new players to experience the game with a relative structure to its content. It's obvious a JP player is not gonna enjoy the game until it's caught up

Could they have done it better? Definitely. Was it obvious that they would halfass PSO2NA? of course.

The only shining light in the darkness is that one NA will be caught up it will be the same as JP so doesn't have to be any effort put into anymore, but considering JPs current state I'm not sure i look forward to it. At least we probably wont have 2 years of armada.

@Macmaxi said in Recent update is a proof NA Sega doesn't really care:

You can't give out OT invade / austere so what do you do? NT Invade and Austere are so powerful it would invalidate almost all 14* weapons. TD4 cant drop anything either because it runs into the same issue.

NT Invade weapons are 13* weapons comparable to Nemesis and Slave.

@Ezodagrom said in Recent update is a proof NA Sega doesn't really care:

Oh yeah, my bad. I wasn't checking it. I guess they could put Invades in, despite the fact there aren't SSA's yet which would raise some more confusion, but the power level is a decent side-grade to them i suppose (or something that's available to guys who don't have the cash for Nem's)

So far the devs have had no communication with us and have ignored every piece of feedback we have given them. Its not healthy when a games dev team silences its player base like this and I think its really starting to show. Frustration is at an all time high and the player count in game is starting to dwindle and still the devs are refusing to adhere any kind off feedback or concerns we may have. Since day one its been total radio silence and it doesn't look like thats going to to change anytime soon.

Unfortunately in the dev's eyes, we, the players are the enemies. We are the bad guys and we must be silenced and avoided at all costs. A mentality like that is devastating to a server and we are now starting to see the effects of it.

Dev and GM's are a joke.

@Zizel said in Recent update is a proof NA Sega doesn't really care:

So far the devs have had no communication with us and have ignored every piece of feedback we have given them.

That's not entirely true, they did give PC players the Dreamcast mag. I really have to question if doing so now was their original intent. I'm entirely certain that they planned to bring back the Mission Pass stuff the whole time though. There's no real reason to doubt it.

Also considering they deleted the Steam release stuff from the manual (and also disabled public access to the manual during the beta when they learned we found it) and never announced a Steam release, I bet they decided to not launch on Steam after some point in the beta and only decided to release on other PC platforms when the PC launch resulted in major disaster.

@Ezodagrom said in Recent update is a proof NA Sega doesn't really care:

Oh yeah, my bad. I wasn't checking it. I guess they could put Invades in, despite the fact there aren't SSA's yet which would raise some more confusion, but the power level is a decent side-grade to them i suppose (or something that's available to guys who don't have the cash for Nem's)

This is a good point. It doesn't make sense to introduce Invade because there are no SSA's besides Mars. It would be a bit weird to introduce a 13* with features that are not yet available in the game - unless they introduce a bunch of other weapons along with it. Seems like it'll be awhile before we see it / maybe they will surprise us with some wild changes?

Edit: I forgot to touch on the actual topic... @Macmaxi made a good point as well that we can't expect the game to be catered to people who have played JP. There are a lot of newbies who don't have nem or slave and could just be enjoying the new content!

@Zizel

I mean what exactly do you expect them to tell you. We have our road map it appears they'll be able to follow it.

If your expectation is some customized player friendly NA experience I suppose some Dev could roll in here and tell you No.

@Zizel That part about silencing the players, is a pretty damn bad hot take. If you were truly silenced, there woukd be no forum, and even if the forums still existed with heavy censorship, every post that was heated, would be completely removed, and there would be no GM replies.

Hey ya'll! We're all listening to every feedback and just wanted to assure you guys we're doing our best to make the game more exciting as it should be. 😉

@Hiyame2563 said in Recent update is a proof NA Sega doesn't really care:

Steam release is "coming soon" What does that even mean. 5 months to a year?

I find this pretty funny, complaining for the sake of complaining. Everyone at launch be like "should have released on steam!" so they say steam release coming soon and now you complain like this lol

@GM-Sirius It's not you people at ESTSoft we want to listen and improve the game. You're just doing PR work. It's Sega we want to listen and improve the game. To be honest it's not going to help the OP calm down when a PR mouthpiece makes claims like that anyway. Not that Sega making the same would be much different in this case when they haven't given us much reason to trust in them to improve things.

@Nahiko-Road Think it's probably worth pointing out that they didn't actually say "Steam" at all. It was merely implied because the only two PC platforms that make sense are Steam and Epic. I don't really understand why they're being vague but it's sure not the kind of thing that's helping OP's mindset.

@Rhysticalz said in Recent update is a proof NA Sega doesn't really care:

If your expectation is some customized player friendly NA experience I suppose some Dev could roll in here and tell you No.

Well, it's already a customized experience. NA urgent quests have lvl 75 enemies on Super Hard while on JP they were lvl 70. Though according to other players reports, this change came with the side effect of enemies having more HP on the SH urgents than on XH, which definitely shouldn't be kept as it is (ideally enemies HP would be increased on XH, since the current XH values are just not enough, and maybe slightly lowered on SH).