Cougar NX isn't present in the new Challenge mode... (CUT COUNTENT)

@I-UsagiTsuki-I said in Cougar NX isn't present in the new Challenge mode... (CUT COUNTENT):

Still, nobody care if it was not realesed or it was.

@I-UsagiTsuki-I said in Cougar NX isn't present in the new Challenge mode... (CUT COUNTENT):

Wow I'm suprised they didn't cut him with how much they hate us.

Well, I'm officially very confused.

Sega need to stop thinking we hate mecha or robot, and start to realize they have fans in NA...

Mecha genera hasn't really been that big of a thing globally for a long time now. Maybe it's because of Gundam? Blame Sunrise or Bandai for that one.

@Mattwo7 said in Cougar NX isn't present in the new Challenge mode... (CUT COUNTENT):

Still, nobody care if it was not realesed or it was.

I was talking abouth the player. Like you, do you prefer they cut a boss because its jp game only? Or you prefer they let it stay to have a new boss to fight with new drop?

Wow I'm suprised they didn't cut him with how much they hate us.

Well, I'm officially very confused.

I was talking abouth Sega JP.

@I-UsagiTsuki-I First of all, I was just explaining why he wasn't cut, I don't know what you're going on about and it's clear this is getting further and further away from my original point. I think it's time we dropped this.

Also who do you think is responsible for the content-releted decisions? Sega America has no involvement with this game, Lionbridge just deals with the translation and ESTSoft is just doing PR work.

@Mattwo7 said in Cougar NX isn't present in the new Challenge mode... (CUT COUNTENT):

Also who do you think is responsible for the content-releted decisions? Sega America has no involvement with this game, Lionbridge just deals with the translation and ESTSoft is just doing PR work.

That the main problems here. Why Sega NA can't work on it too?

As an avid Challenge Quest autis...player, I do not see the issue. Cougar's replacements are faster to kill which results in higher scores and faster runs. Not that Cougar was particularly hard fight in the first place, he was more annoying than anything else. You could easily cheese Cougar by trapping him with the use of terrain, essentially making him a free kill.

Though I am curious as to why he was replaced.

You honestly believe things would be different if Sega NA had any involvement, even knowing that they were involved in PSU and it failed anyway? Even knowing the US release of PSU had similar issues?

Sega Japan's involvement is the problem, not Sega America's lack of involvement.

It's Sega Japan's constant mistakes like the lack of foresight with the western arcade market dying combined with their brain-dead decisions with the Sega Saturn that lead to Sega as a whole (but especially their international branches) becoming a hollow shell of its former self that would rater sit on the piles of yen from arcades than be better than they are.

You honestly believe things would be different if Sega NA had any involvement, even knowing that they were involved in PSU and it failed anyway? Even knowing the US release of PSU had similar issues?

Sega Japan's involvement is the problem, not Sega America's lack of involvement. It's Sega Japan's lack of foresight with the western arcade market dying combined with their brain-dead decisions with the Sega Saturn that lead to Sega as a whole (but especially their international branches) becoming a hollow shell of its former self.

They will still have a better translation then what we have now. And I didn't said Sega Jp was not the problems. I think its one of the probs here.

They will still have a better translation then what we have now.

Maybe in text... Not so much in the voice department though. (Not that the voices we have are the greatest but have you heard the PSU English dub?)

They will still have a better translation then what we have now.

Maybe in text... Not so much in the voice department though. (Not that the voices we have are the greatest but have you heard the PSU English dub?)

Yeah I played most of PS game. I was more talking abouth text. I mean VA doesn't have the mistake that text have.. lol

I may have an answer to what happened. The OS that the arcade units run on apparently EOL'd in 2018. Since there wouldn't be any further major fixes should there be a security issue it's possible the game is just running on life support and may end service soon. While this doesn't explain everything given the existence of the PS4 version, it comes down to a question of what would be the point of including content for a game that isn't going to be around much longer.

Yes, this still counts as cut content but I can at least understand the business reason now if the main product isn't going to be around for much longer. At least in the west you had name brand recognition which is why I think Knight Gear got in but not Cougar NX.

Cougar is not only just a billboard for the arcades, but also a fun boss that fits well enough with the game. I don't see why not include it besides some licensing hell despite Sega owning both franchises.

I don't think BB being Japan only is really a good excuse for cutting Cougar out considering Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax came out in the US and had a Border Break themed stage https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daUUNJ0xHA4

@EvilMag Sega only published that game, they didn't make it. Not to mention that considering that ~90% of the source material comes from Dengeki Bunko, ASCII Media Works likely had a lot of influence in the game's development and publishing.

Bottom line, Sega doesn't own the full rights to that game like they do PSO2. Including the Border Break stage could have been ASCII Media Works' decision.

Besides that was in 2015, back when we thought Sega would bring the NA version of PSO2 over themselves without having to be bribed by Microsoft, back when we thought Sega America would be involved.

One could make a similar case for the English subtitled version of Sega Hard Girls anime (made by Sega subsidiary TMS Entertainment) back in 2014 (which also include a mobile game, Chain Chronicle that ended service over here (and Southeast Asia) in 2016 while it's still going strong in Japan) and it'd hold just as little water. Also guess who owns Sega Hard Girls? That's right! ASCII Media Works! (under their Dengeki Bunko imprint no less) I wonder if that's a coincidence?

@Leaf3299 said in Cougar NX isn't present in the new Challenge mode... (CUT COUNTENT):

As an avid Challenge Quest autis...player, I do not see the issue.

Everything is the end of the world here

@redPG said in Cougar NX isn't present in the new Challenge mode... (CUT COUNTENT):

@Leaf3299 said in Cougar NX isn't present in the new Challenge mode... (CUT COUNTENT):

As an avid Challenge Quest autis...player, I do not see the issue.

Everything is the end of the world here

Preach. People complain about the smallest thing and act like the game is RUINED and UNPLAYABLE.

I am also someone who plays Challenge a lot, and I just... don't care about this. My only issue is that Wolguarda in Mission 3 does not drop the unique items that Cougar NX did, which shouldn't be the case.

Also apart from the M10 Cougar, both Cougars are just immediately trapped and killed, so I don't think adding Cougar really adds much variety or engagement. If anything, the Tranzexia in M5 is better because you can't trap Tranzexia in the same way (though it wouldn't surprise me if there's a new trap for it), making the difficulty slightly higher, although it ends up being a lot faster due to access to a weakspot and no phase change.

I have to admit I do miss Cougar a little, he was a great gatekeeper for newer players who didn't use trapping strategies.

The replacements by the way:

• Mission 3: Wolguarda
  • Mission 5: Tranzexia
  • Mission 10: Titled Tranzexia