Techter Guide

Hello everyone, Lynn here. For anyone who's interested in playing Techter for the NA version of PSO2, feel free to check out this bad boy I whipped up over a year ago (and still updating it to this day).

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_4DjZS5hAE-rbvBqswwTU_Bf_lmto_hUpuULlAxG7_A/edit

Feel free to leave questions here, as well as messaging me on Discord, if needed.

Thank you for this!!!

Ahhh amazing guide and so detailed. During the cbt I was attempting to look for a comprehensive guide but most were outdated. Will definitely use this as a resource!

oh wow this is actually a good, comprehensive guide that also points out some of the pitfalls some folk fall into!

the only nitpick I have is that the only thing a techter misses out on by using a Flotea Wand is the part of the potential that boosts the Etoile Just Guard PP restore skill. Otherwise it still has raw stats that sit between Novel and Lightstream, 12% unconditional damage, and S1/2/3 support. Like I'd rather have Atlas EX or at least a Novel wand with S4: Wand Clobber, but I wouldn't say to avoid it like the plague if it falls into your lap on accident and you don't have anything else to use. This isn't like a Hero using an Akatsuki anyway

@NextTime000 said in Techter Guide:

oh wow this is actually a good, comprehensive guide that also points out some of the pitfalls some folk fall into!

the only nitpick I have is that the only thing a techter misses out on by using a Flotea Wand is the part of the potential that boosts the Etoile Just Guard PP restore skill. Otherwise it still has raw stats that sit between Novel and Lightstream, 12% unconditional damage, and S1/2/3 support. Like I'd rather have Atlas EX or at least a Novel wand with S4: Wand Clobber, but I wouldn't say to avoid it like the plague if it falls into your lap on accident and you don't have anything else to use. This isn't like a Hero using an Akatsuki anyway

Hello! You have a good point, I'll change it to that. Other than that, yeah it pretty much is not meant for Tech(t)er and I had to emphasize that because people might forget. Thanks for letting me know!

Im also Pro techter elite and great thing about being techter is they are truelly jack of all trade, you can tank/nuke or Damage Dealer/nuke or tank/ healer or healer/buffer or healer/summoner, all depend on your playing style you can say that techter can be like FOmar / HUmar they can cast tech and melee there way to anything. I do like how @Lynn-F going how his or her way to give anyone that starting out as techter. there no limit what you can do as a techter longest you understand the class completely. I would give any adive if anyone have interest as a techter. and I dont mind helping Lynn with any advice about being a solid techter, there so many option how the techter playing style trully works

Long time JP player but want to play on NA...

I want to support the new players with Tech(t)er as much as I can, but I've always hated switching to Rifle just to use weak bullet. What's the best alternative for me, or should I just give up on that layer of support and focus on my damage?

@Thrashinuva said in Techter Guide:

Long time JP player but want to play on NA...

I want to support the new players with Tech(t)er as much as I can, but I've always hated switching to Rifle just to use weak bullet. What's the best alternative for me, or should I just give up on that layer of support and focus on my damage?

You can just not do Te/Ra. A real Techter has more value than a bootleg Ranger with techs that also does no damage.

@GM-Deynger Hey, could I request this topic be closed indefinitely? I took down this guide because I'm not playing on the JP version of the game anymore.

Also, if you guys are looking for a much friendlier Techter guide for NA, Cathy's is very well written and done.