Techter Guide

Hello everyone, Lynn here. For anyone who's interested in playing Techter for the NA version of PSO2, feel free to check out this bad boy I whipped up over a year ago (and still updating it to this day).

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_4DjZS5hAE-rbvBqswwTU_Bf_lmto_hUpuULlAxG7_A/edit

Feel free to leave questions here, as well as messaging me on Discord, if needed.

Thank you for this!!!

Ahhh amazing guide and so detailed. During the cbt I was attempting to look for a comprehensive guide but most were outdated. Will definitely use this as a resource!

oh wow this is actually a good, comprehensive guide that also points out some of the pitfalls some folk fall into!

the only nitpick I have is that the only thing a techter misses out on by using a Flotea Wand is the part of the potential that boosts the Etoile Just Guard PP restore skill. Otherwise it still has raw stats that sit between Novel and Lightstream, 12% unconditional damage, and S1/2/3 support. Like I'd rather have Atlas EX or at least a Novel wand with S4: Wand Clobber, but I wouldn't say to avoid it like the plague if it falls into your lap on accident and you don't have anything else to use. This isn't like a Hero using an Akatsuki anyway

@NextTime000 said in Techter Guide:

oh wow this is actually a good, comprehensive guide that also points out some of the pitfalls some folk fall into!

the only nitpick I have is that the only thing a techter misses out on by using a Flotea Wand is the part of the potential that boosts the Etoile Just Guard PP restore skill. Otherwise it still has raw stats that sit between Novel and Lightstream, 12% unconditional damage, and S1/2/3 support. Like I'd rather have Atlas EX or at least a Novel wand with S4: Wand Clobber, but I wouldn't say to avoid it like the plague if it falls into your lap on accident and you don't have anything else to use. This isn't like a Hero using an Akatsuki anyway

Hello! You have a good point, I'll change it to that. Other than that, yeah it pretty much is not meant for Tech(t)er and I had to emphasize that because people might forget. Thanks for letting me know!

@Lynn-F thanks

Im also Pro techter elite and great thing about being techter is they are truelly jack of all trade, you can tank/nuke or Damage Dealer/nuke or tank/ healer or healer/buffer or healer/summoner, all depend on your playing style you can say that techter can be like FOmar / HUmar they can cast tech and melee there way to anything. I do like how @Lynn-F going how his or her way to give anyone that starting out as techter. there no limit what you can do as a techter longest you understand the class completely. I would give any adive if anyone have interest as a techter. and I dont mind helping Lynn with any advice about being a solid techter, there so many option how the techter playing style trully works

Long time JP player but want to play on NA...

I want to support the new players with Tech(t)er as much as I can, but I've always hated switching to Rifle just to use weak bullet. What's the best alternative for me, or should I just give up on that layer of support and focus on my damage?

@Thrashinuva said in Techter Guide:

Long time JP player but want to play on NA...

I want to support the new players with Tech(t)er as much as I can, but I've always hated switching to Rifle just to use weak bullet. What's the best alternative for me, or should I just give up on that layer of support and focus on my damage?

You can just not do Te/Ra. A real Techter has more value than a bootleg Ranger with techs that also does no damage.

@GM-Deynger Hey, could I request this topic be closed indefinitely? I took down this guide because I'm not playing on the JP version of the game anymore.

Also, if you guys are looking for a much friendlier Techter guide for NA, Cathy's is very well written and done.