Mission Pass Season 5 - No way to get everything?

Season 5 contains a lot of content from season 1, but much of it is split into two groups from the same reward tier.

Tier 07 for instance has the Belga set as Group1 and the Nadine set as Group2. The blog post introducing Mission Pass during season 1 clearly shows that it had these two sets in different tiers, with Belga in tier 05 and Nadine in tier 10.

In season 1, tier 31 was a four-way choice between four cosmetic sets: the Belga and Nadine sets along with the Zamlord and Zelsius sets from tiers 08 and 18 respectively. If season 5 tier 31 is the same four-way choice, new players cannot get all four the way players in season 1 could. This is because Zamlord and Zelsius are also different groups of tier 13; Zamlord is Group1 and Zelsius is Group2.

In short:

Season 1:

• Tier 05: Belga set
  • Tier 08: Zamlord set
  • Tier 10: Nadine set
  • Tier 18: Zelsius set
  • Tier 31: Choice of one of the above four

Season 5:

• Tier 07: Belga set or Nadine set
  • Tier 13: Zamlord set or Zelsius set
  • Tier 31*: Choice of one of the above four (*Guessed)

img

It would be impossible to choose 4 sets in 3 tiers!

This dilemma is likely repeated with the contents of tiers 17 (Group1: Joker set, Group2: Lamia set) and 23 (Group1: Heretic Lord, Group2: Candy Crown), as all four of those were the four options in season 1 tier 35.

Meanwhile season 1 tier 32 is the same as season 5 tier 09 - a choice between the Chin Beauty Mark face paints (from season 1 tier 06) and the Photon Wings accessories (presumably from one of the tiers from 11 to 30). Presuming tier 32 is unchanged, we would be able to get both of those.

Of course they may have reworked tiers 31-35 in Season 5 so each is a repeat of one of the previous dilemmas (e.g. tier 31 being a mirror of tier 07, tier 32 being a mirror of tier 09 and so on). But this would require both ditching or adding the 25 SG reward in tier 32 and ditching the usual affix augment reward from tier 33. It's possible, and this is certainly a new type of season, but without the ability to see it I don't know if we can be confident.

It's also possible that the "Up to 1 group can be claimed." text for tiers 07, 09 and so on is incorrect and these tiers allow players to choose both groups. If so players will likely discover that in short order when people start reaching tier 7.

It's also also possible that for the first time, overtime mode doesn't stop at 35 but maybe continued to 40, allowing space to fit multiple choices in.

TLDR: Of the 8 returning outfits sets, PC players and newer Xbox players may only be able to obtain 6 in season 5 even though all 8 were possible in season 1. I hope I'm wrong. I really want to know.

They could hopefully add extra tiers?

As someone who constantly hits 35 really early I kind of wish there was a chance to get a few more tiers and this one being so outfit rich would make for a good first run of that.

@Albus-Rabbit said in Mission Pass Season 5 - No way to get everything?:

They could hopefully add extra tiers?

That's an excellent thought! And a possibility. I did wonder if it was deliberate that I finished tier 35 in week 3 last season, though that was with some daily missions carried over into the start of the season. Realistically 40 is not beyond reason for anyone playing semi-regularly over 4 weeks.

Oh we meet again @Miraglyth - yet i agree with this post completely, this mission pass seems backwards if the intent was to give PC players a chance at receiving season 1 items they missed out on. I guess the alternative is to rerun the exact mission pass that was in season 1, but then I'm sure we'd have xbox people complaining here.

I guess we should be grateful that we are seeing re runs of season 1 stuff that we missed out on, let's hope they continue the trend into AC scratch (running an old scratch and a new one would be ideal!)

@Nahiko-Road said in Mission Pass Season 5 - No way to get everything?:

i agree with this post completely, this mission pass seems backwards if the intent was to give PC players a chance at receiving season 1 items they missed out on. I guess the alternative is to rerun the exact mission pass that was in season 1, but then I'm sure we'd have xbox people complaining here.

I don't want to assume they haven't done something different with the overtime tiers to allow completion, but if they haven't, there were a couple of simple alternatives they didn't go with:

• Move the five Group2 cosmetic sets out of affected tiers and place them into five of the eleven tiers that presently have no cosmetics.
  • Just double up the cosmetics into one group in those tiers, e.g. for tier 7 have Group1 give both the Belga and Nadine sets.

I guess we should be grateful that we are seeing re runs of season 1 stuff that we missed out on, let's hope they continue the trend into AC scratch (running an old scratch and a new one would be ideal!)

Absolutely. Honestly if my fears about a possibly botched revival are answered this has been pretty much the perfect update and a big statement on reviving content for PC.

Just in case you were unaware, once you complete all 30 tiers for a mission pass several "Bonus" tiers n the pass unlock. These bonus tiers often reward various costumes and sets that may have been missed in the mission pass.

For example, the "Crimpiacio" outfit that was obtainable in last seasons mission pass could be obtained twice, as it was obtainable in one of the default tiers, and then obtainable again in one of the bonus tiers.

These bonus tiers usually focus on costumes and weapon camos so you might be able to pick up what you missed in the bonus tiers.

@Zizel said in Mission Pass Season 5 - No way to get everything?:

Just in case you were unaware, once you complete all 30 tiers for a mission pass several "Bonus" tiers n the pass unlock.

Yes? The OP talks about tier 31 onwards. The problem is unless those have been reworked (and considering the season itself is a rework, this is possible!) we are a looking at tiers 31 and 35 offering a four-way choice between two pairs of outfits that were already combined into two-way choices leaving us three tiers giving four outfits and forcing us to leave one behind.

GMs, please, this is an easy fear to alleviate. If the overtime tiers account for this and we can get everything, please just post saying it's all okay?

Gotta love how they added a Fortnite battle pass to milk extra money and couldn't even do it right lol!

If anyone has finished the Mission pass can post that'd be great too (i'm not willing to spend my precious SG to find out), I guess time will tell though

One way to see this though is when we are a couple of seasons down the line I assume what is here now will repeat and if you dont care for whats new then grab the old (present) stuff. If you want everything though doubt they would do that.

@Vashzaron said in Mission Pass Season 5 - No way to get everything?:

One way to see this though is when we are a couple of seasons down the line I assume what is here now will repeat

Seriously doubtful they will bring season 1 items back a third time, let alone that quickly. In a hypothetical season 9 we might get a revival of the costumes that appeared for the first time in season 5 (basically tiers 05, 06, 08, 10, 12, 18 and 27-30). But not the stuff that was revived in season 5. That would require a season to have three seasons' worth of content and if this revival is any indication they can barely fit two seasons in.

Of course if they don't let PC players get the full season 1 outfit set in season 5, they should still do a second revival to let us get what we couldn't. I'm really hoping they haven't made it this complicated though, and that the overtime tiers are just reworked so we can get them all now.

GMs, please. We need reassurance here.

I am talking about content that is new now. As a PC player I can grab all the old stuff I missed and assume the new stuff that is here now will appear again. But that is an assumption.

@Vashzaron said in Mission Pass Season 5 - No way to get everything?:

As a PC player I can grab all the old stuff I missed

That's what this topic is about. It's possible you can't!

Edit: To be clear it's definite you can't. I can't find the Rose Saber weapon camo from season 1 tier 04 anywhere in season 5. (The others have survived but some appear to have quietly had a name change e.g. Kagiya Tsuzumi is now Summer Festival Bow.)

But it seems there's no uncertainty about Rose Saber - it's just gone. The outfits on the other hand, we just don't know about until either someone rich gets to tier 31 prematurely or the GMs provide reassurance that we won't be forced to give up on one the way nobody has ever had to for any previous mission pass.

Of course this dropped off the first page when a GM was around...

I worry we're going to have to wait a couple weeks to find out if we've been stuffed or not.

@Miraglyth said in Mission Pass Season 5 - No way to get everything?:

Of course this dropped off the first page when a GM was around...

I worry we're going to have to wait a couple weeks to find out if we've been stuffed or not.

Has any information shown up about the 30+ tiers?

This month has been a mess for me so I haven't been able to contribute as much time this month x__x kind of relieved the Rappy Platter was an earlier tier, but there are some other things I would like too...