Please do not add the SG Scratch into NA as it is now

@Princesse-Jen said in Please do not add the SG Scratch into NA as it is now:

Never been fond of third currencies

If you mean premium currencies, then yeah, sure. But if you mean in-game currencies that you can earn only in-game rather than buying it then...

[ Laughs in Final Fantasy XI, XIV, TERA. ]

@Kuon This it is very regulated in the UK I used to work at a betting shop in the UK while i was at uni and still speak to my old boss it has changed massively, But i will be frank while i respect people can not control themselves this game warns you several times about gambling responsible. It also fall's on said person to realise they have an issue, there is only so much people can do to help you and warn you if you dont help yourself.

So while the lack of SG is hard to obtain at current it should get better in August, and it is a person choice on how much they spend and should know that they need to stop, and see they may have an issue, and stop playing the game if they can not control what they spend. You can find loads of information and free self help group's that you can visit to talk about this even in the USA and online groups are even around now.

if you're wasting money on the game rather than buying food I think it's time to stop playing and have a long hard think about getting some advice.

Just to highlight most online betting services have a limit you can set on how much you can deposit in a set period in the UK, even in the bookies the machines allow a person to set a limit or a person behind the counter can do this for, as a whole we are very good are regulating gambling within the UK and free advice is made available to anyone seeking it.

please I respect that this is easier said than done but this is fact, please dont blame a company for a person actions when they have tried their best to warn people about it.

@Blackichan08 said in Please do not add the SG Scratch into NA as it is now:

please dont blame a company for a person actions when they have tried their best to warn people about it.

The only reason randomized loot boxes exist is because they make more money than if they outright sold the cosmetics as individual items. The fact that they have to warn people regarding one of their features is a red flag about said feature. Its a purely predatory system so they deserve no sympathy in the matter. Yes, a person should be responsible enough to place necessities over wants, but it doesn't absolve them of the issue that lootboxes are pure skeeze.

In regards to an SG scratch. Lets combine an already widely despised feature (lootboxes) with another blatently evident issue, basically everything in regards to SG.

• Fresh finds shop. Prices are way too high for the frequency that new items appear.
  • No one knows how long it'll be until we see the return of items in FFS and because of this FOMO is now part of the whole equation and thats a BIG negative to players.
  • Don't forget those awesome "sales" we had!!!
  • NA has more ways to use SG, yet half the ways to acquire it.
  • Artificially placed limitations on getting a dupe for account-wide use
  • Pointless limitation on making them untradeable.
  • Why did the game need another (more expensive) premium currency?

Literally everything about an SG scratch is NOT in favor of the player. If they wanted a scratch that used a currency available in game, there is no reason meseta wouldn't have worked just fine. (Whales can't outright buy meseta though, shucks...) This scratch looks harmless on the surface because it uses a "free" currency, but if you factor in that list above, this scratch is a trainwreck.

The only result without significant changes to how we obtain SG will obviously be a mob of upset players at Sega's predatory methods. The balls in their court, now it's just another waiting game to see how hard they drop it.

@Z0DIAK-BRAVE said in Please do not add the SG Scratch into NA as it is now:

please dont blame a company for a person actions when they have tried their best to warn people about it.

The only reason randomized loot boxes exist is because they make more money than if they outright sold the cosmetics as individual items. The fact that they have to warn people regarding one of their features is a red flag about said feature. Its a purely predatory system so they deserve no sympathy in the matter. Yes, a person should be responsible enough to place necessities over wants, but it doesn't absolve them of the issue that lootboxes are pure skeeze.

In regards to an SG scratch. Lets combine an already widely despised feature (lootboxes) with another blatently evident issue, basically everything in regards to SG.

• Fresh finds shop. Prices are way too high for the frequency that new items appear.
  • No one knows how long it'll be until we see the return of items in FFS and because of this FOMO is now part of the whole equation and thats a BIG negative to players.
  • Don't forget those awesome "sales" we had!!!
  • Why did the game need another (more expensive) premium currency?

Literally everything about an SG scratch is NOT in favor of the player. If they wanted a scratch that used a currency available in game, there is no reason meseta wouldn't have worked just fine. (Whales can't outright buy meseta though, shucks...) This scratch looks harmless on the surface because it uses a "free" currency, but if you factor in that list above, this scratch is a trainwreck.

The only result without significant changes to how we obtain SG will obviously be a mob of upset players at Sega's predatory methods. The balls in their court, now it's just another waiting game to see how hard they drop it.

100% agree about loot box's they are a plague to all game that use them I made up my mind i wont use them untill they bring the FFXIV colab if they ever do but that's it.

This is a big factor the frequency of which new scratches are coming out is mad, I'm sure someone said the JPN version was not like this and I feel 400 is a little high but I've not spent any of my SG at all and the JPN version dont even have a FFS

• No one knows how long it'll be until we see the return of items in FFS and because of this FOMO is now part of the whole equation and thats a BIG negative to player

I dont think they will they do that revival scratch thing on the JPN version but thats once in a blue moon but i do think a lot of it fall's in to FOMO factor and they are banking on that.

• Don't forget those awesome "sales" we had

The sales are crap simple as, the only good bundle they did was the Sonic Pack all others have been trash imo.

This will get better in Aug but yeah the limit at the moment on way's to obtain is a little silly, I slightly feel they are loving this due to the Extra £££ they are making, it is a business after all they are not stupid.

These 2 are just fuckery straight up no if's or buts oh and noted it can be traded as they fucked up the first few weeks on xbox and everything on the FFS you was able to trade, I'm pc but someone told me about this the other day so not like it would require anything on their part, plus why can you not preview them as well just screams it's a trap to me.

on your last point if they fuck up with this SG scratch it will be bad for them as I dont know what the conversation is but SG is quite a bit more expensive than AC right. I'm worried it they will do it like the AC 200 SG per scratch, and they even put LIMITED in the wording which mean's people are really going to be like fuck FOMO.

For me I just stick with buying prem I enjoy the game but they're not robbing me I like some outfits but i make enough cash ingame with affixing and selling stuff to buy what i really like.

I'm worried it they will do it like the AC 200 SG per scratch

pretty sure SG scratches would cost 80 SG like on the JP server, even then it is really expensive for a gacha that most of the time gives something you cant use/don't want

We really do need to get those additional SG methods that JP has. SG is way too hard to earn right now.

@psoslash oh cheers for letting us know to be honest I feel that' a little high right now

Me going through story, i'm just flooding with SG

Me after a few weeks after it's been completed and so many Fresh finds, this is suffering

the prices really need to be reworked and more ways to obtain them outside of buying more characters slots and buying AC items

Honestly, the fresh finds shop is where this should have stopped. Expand the functionality of that. If we're are going to get charged more than JP then give us the value of buying the item directly. Adding an SG ticket to the mix is just absolute hubris, SEGA isn't even cleverly hiding their intentions for the NA market now.

Welp it came out worse than JPs version in regards to the ticket, we were ignored and guess what? The Viel visor was in there like I predicted along with Xions coat which I also wanted.

Coulda been better NA version but you aren't.