Did they add any surprise content this update?

@John-Paul-RAGE said in Did they add any surprise content this update?:

I am hoping the SG is only for those Augment support items and nothing else. Naive of me, but between the frequency of AC scratches and fresh finds stuff, the only thing I would want are the better support items later on.

Isn't it worse for it to be for pay to "improve player experience" type stuff? I'd call it P2W but that's not what it is.

521a62f81ae0a7f5f9427cb453b71606.png

I mean SG isn't that hard to come by...

I've only been playing since the PC Launch, already made near, if not over 1K Star Gems, WITHOUT Spending a single cent on the game yet.

The "Main Story" quests hand out a crap done of SG if you do them all. The mission pass hands out quite a bit of SG as well. Enough that "Should" be able to continously keep buying (spending 200 SG worth) golden mission passes, which in turn hands out even MORE SG.

Not only that, but if you finish the entire mission pass, and continue onwards from there, you get rewarded with even more bonus SG.

Yesterday/last night, I was down to around 70 SG left. Did some mission pass tiers, got FREE SG tickets from doing the Arks boost campaign and having it finished already, and I've bought yet another Gold mission pass, and am already over 100 SG yet again.

This doesn't really exclude that the way it's being handled/taken care of is poor, and I suppose I really only care about SG for the Gold Mission pass. This is taking into account I've already spent SG to upgrade my Tiers because I got bored of the tiers I was able to do only giving me one star (This was last mission pass), and I managed to spend an additional 520 Star Gems on the Dark Cloak.

Sheesh, I'm probably actually around what I said, 1K, if not more spent.

Anyways, just how I spend my stuff I suppose. Though this Gold Mission pass has a Lot of CAST stuff... Worth it to me.

@Nuebot

In. 4 days you'll scratch once

@xxHumorxx

Cool story except you'll want thousands of SG for the SG scratch. With it costing 100 each with you typically getting nothing

@xxHumorxx said in Did they add any surprise content this update?:

I mean SG isn't that hard to come by...

I've only been playing since the PC Launch, already made near, if not over 1K Star Gems, WITHOUT Spending a single cent on the game yet.

The "Main Story" quests hand out a crap done of SG if you do them all. The mission pass hands out quite a bit of SG as well. Enough that "Should" be able to continously keep buying (spending 200 SG worth) golden mission passes, which in turn hands out even MORE SG.

Not only that, but if you finish the entire mission pass, and continue onwards from there, you get rewarded with even more bonus SG.

Yesterday/last night, I was down to around 70 SG left. Did some mission pass tiers, got FREE SG tickets from doing the Arks boost campaign and having it finished already, and I've bought yet another Gold mission pass, and am already over 100 SG yet again.

This doesn't really exclude that the way it's being handled/taken care of is poor, and I suppose I really only care about SG for the Gold Mission pass. This is taking into account I've already spent SG to upgrade my Tiers because I got bored of the tiers I was able to do only giving me one star (This was last mission pass), and I managed to spend an additional 520 Star Gems on the Dark Cloak.

Sheesh, I'm probably actually around what I said, 1K, if not more spent.

Anyways, just how I spend my stuff I suppose. Though this Gold Mission pass has a Lot of CAST stuff... Worth it to me.

Except that unless you're paying IRL money, mission pass only gives you enough SG to buy another mission pass (200SG) not profit. Story SG is finite so once you've done it and S ranked the hardcore missions, you can't get more from that. Fresh Finds has been a perpetual fomo style temptation to many people since it sells both fashion and triggers. That just leaves arbitrary campaigns and 10SG per character every 24 hours since we don't have any other renewable forms of SG.

It's cool that you managed to save your SG, but NA leans pretty hard on trying to milk it out of players.

@xxHumorxx

I've got well over 2000 saved up as well (I think). And I did it mainly for the SG scratches which I read about a while back.

But buying SG is expensive. Look at the SG prices and then look at the prices in the fresh finds shop. Compare this to prices of buying AC. It is lop-sided.
JP has more ways to earn SG. Not sure how these were released in terms of timing. But if you couple that with high prices in the Fresh Finds shop, people who aren't like you and me are going to be struggling.

Willingly playing Sega's game is the player's own fault. I'd advocate on picking and choosing what you really want. But people are going to do what they want to do. In this case, they want these cosmetics. Prices do not seem reasonable to me. And even if I'm saving my SG up, there may be something I want down the road without blowing a bunch of SG. It serves to benefit the community to get this addressed by Sega.

Yes there is a small detailed that no one has seen yet. If you go to the cafe during night time (dark skies) and go over to the left back where the cafe is on the balcony, the door is open. Inside there is the room from episode 4s (spoiler with spoiler character.) After talking you get (spoiler.) It was definitely a nice surprise that I don't think anyone was expecting.

@ERICK001BC What exactly do you mean by "dark skies"? Like when an urgent quest happens? Also I already played Episode 4, mind PMing me evidence?

Honestly I'm pretty sure that you're spreading false rumors here.

So I did find some evidence that night time happens in the cafe https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pKO-2Gum9M

Yet I parked my character in the cafe all day checking in every now and then and didn't see it and now it's 9PM Pacific, which as far as I can tell, means the sun has set all across the US and it's still not night time in the Cafe.