I'd be fine if they add SG scratch, but only under the following conditions:
Fresh Finds needs a major overhaul. Fix the current SG spending method before adding new ones, don't bury the issue.
- Previews like tickets need to be added so people know what they're really spending their SG on.
- Cosmetic consumables need to be an account wide unlock on first use. It'd ridiculous to only be able to obtain one and only one, and there is no harm in making them special since SG obtained items cannot be traded or sold anyway. Let me use what I purchased on every alt I have, since I can't just stroll up to the market for more.
- Daily deals need to be backlogged to a certain degree (ex. 3 days). I covered this in one of my previous posts, but there are several reasons people could miss out. Financial struggles, being a few SG off that day, or even not being able to login on that particular day.
SG has to be more accessible to players.
- Current methods of obtaining SG are horribly inefficient and force players to purchase SG when pressured. This is not the kind of thing you want to pressure your players on, because you'll see people claim greed over caring for the playerbase, and I'd certainly agree.
- If more ways to spend SG is introduced, more ways to obtain it should be made available. We already know other methods exist on JP, and they should not be withheld on NA, especially if SEGA plans to expand SG spending.
SG needs to be respected as a middle ground between normal and premium currency.
- Many games have something like SG that is openly accessible to even free players, but it doesn't overtake their premium currency.
- SG should NOT be treated as a second premium currency by SEGA. I want to see options to earn it in-game at a healthy pace, and not scraping together 10 SG a day through outfits. That's beyond nuts and frankly isn't even very entertaining. No one should feel pressured to buy SG in fear of missing out unless they swipe. Don't try and pass off SG as AC-lite where the only real way to earn it is real money. Stick to AC for heavy premium marketing.
While I feel my points will get buried in this topic, since it only weighs in on a very specific conversation happening here...I figured it was relevant at the moment.
As for the update actually bringing along any surprise releases, to my knowledge there hasn't been anything noteworthy. I think there will be very small trickles of content until August for Episode 4. Which is fine with me as long as there isn't delays, simply because content keeps the game alive and there is a lot of catching up to JP we have to do.