Pre-PC content is returning!!

Mission Pass Season 5 contains a few items that were only previously available in Season 1!

I don't have a full list from season 1 (there was no announcement for that) but I've seen pre-PC players describing multiple items as being from Season 1. One that is definitely coming back is the emote 136: Air Guitar, which was originally Season 1 Tier 24 (Gold). I'll try to get more details later and update this OP.

GM Deynger, you sly devil! I saw you post this in one of the locked topics and wondered if it was foreshadowing something! 😊

@GM-Deynger said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

I'd like to ask that you take the most recent topic that is an offshoot of the original topic (that of whether content will return or not) to a new thread

Edit 1: Evolution Device: Dreamcast is back!!

img

Edit 2: It looks like gold tiers 7, 9, 13, 17 and 23 all have choices between cosmetics... it may be that one of these options is season 1 and the other is season 5. That could be... a really bad way to bring things back, forcing PC players to give up something new instead.

I hope I'm misunderstanding this. Or more realistically perhaps, since it is exactly 5 tiers, I hope those reappear in tiers 31-35.

Edit 3: It emerges that everything in tiers 7, 9, 13, 17 and 23 is from season 1. All groups for all of those tiers, as they are included in the overtime tiers as mentioned here.

Seems there's a definite dilemma in play here. The funny thing is if the pre-31 tiers on season 1 had this same dilemma, then this content returning is just as beneficial to Xbox players because they could not have chosen all the content the same way PC players probably cannot now, and this season lets them pick up the things they were forced to miss out on.

So... unless our tiers 31-35 are dramatically different, we're going to have to wait for a second season 1 re-run to be able to get everything. I hope I'm wrong. This feels like such a stupid way to handle a revival.

Edit 4: Beyond the possibility of being unable to get all season 1 items, it appears the Rose Saber weapon camo for swords is the only season 1 cosmetic that is not part of the revival. The Summer Festival Bow camo in tier 19 appears to be a dead ringer for the Kagiya Tsuzumi bow camo from season 1, and everything else is accounted for.

Quick bump and open call - Can anyone who uses SG to rush to tiers 31+ let us know what they contain? This is imperative to know if the revival of season 1 content isn't a double-edged sword for PC players.

@Miraglyth said in Pre-PC content is returning!!:

GM Deynger, you sly devil! I saw you post this in one of the locked topics and wondered if it was foreshadowing something! @GM-Deynger said in I think this game is going to fail by the end of the year.:

I'd like to ask that you take the most recent topic that is an offshoot of the original topic (that of whether content will return or not) to a new thread

I know naught of what you speak, good sir.

alt text

A list of current mission passes and previous ones can be found here:

https://github.com/SynthSy/PSO2-Dictionary/wiki/Mission-Pass

I haven't updated it for today yet, I'll start that now. Updated!

@Aida-Enna said in Pre-PC content is returning!!:

I haven't updated it for today yet, I'll start that now.

Thanks!

It's a little off-topic but I'd been meaning to contact you about that. I've seen multiple sources elsewhere saying Photon Wings and Photon Wings B were present in season 1 but that page does not mention them. This post for instance says they appear in the over run tier 32 so presumably they appeared in a regular tier as well. Were they bundled into one of the cosmetic sets as "other" items?

This isn't enough to counter all the gripes a lot of us have had with the game so far but at least it's something.

@Miraglyth What else has Deynger or any other GM foreshadowed btw? 😛

@Mattwo7 said in Pre-PC content is returning!!:

This isn't enough to counter all the gripes a lot of us have had with the game so far but at least it's something.

HEY NOW...let's not get too rambunctious lol.

If something I want has been hinted at, I'm the type to keep quiet about it to avoid putting it at risk. Sorry. 😛

I haven't updated it for today yet, I'll start that now.

Thanks!

It's a little off-topic but I'd been meaning to contact you about that. I've seen multiple sources elsewhere saying Photon Wings and Photon Wings B were present in season 1 but that page does not mention them. This post for instance says they appear in the over run tier 32 so presumably they appeared in a regular tier as well. Were they bundled into one of the cosmetic sets as "other" items?

Ooooh, hm. I think the only place they could fit would be tier 5, which is missing two items. I'll add them there, danke.

@GM-Deynger Not only did we get a lot of beta only items, but even first wave items from mission pass have returned. Cool beans!

Ooooh, hm. I think the only place they could fit would be tier 5, which is missing two items. I'll add them there, danke.

I've done some more research - they were in tier 12.

img

@ERICK001BC said in Pre-PC content is returning!!:

even first wave items from mission pass have returned

Well, most of them. We've lost the Rose Saber sword camo and potentially won't be able to claim all the different outfit sets depending on how the over run tiers are set up.

If something I want has been hinted at, I'm the type to keep quiet about it to avoid putting it at risk. Sorry. 😛

Well can't you at least say if anything has been? That's vague enough right? 😛

Well can't you at least say if anything has been? That's vague enough right? 😛

As in anything outstanding at the moment? I'll say no.

I'm so happy to see stuff returning, but I do hope it s possible to get everything as it does kind of miss the point. I have a mixture of old stuff and some I missed (and I generally skip anything I don't want anyway because it's bound and storage is already pain), but I know some people want everything.

I was super excited to finally have the Rappy Platter on here at the least.

(also, where was the Dreamcast mentioned?)

@Princesse-Jen said in Pre-PC content is returning!!:

I do hope it s possible to get everything as it does kind of miss the point. I have a mixture of old stuff and some I missed (and I generally skip anything I don't want anyway because it's bound and storage is already pain), but I know some people want everything.

Exactly! I know they need to have enough new items to keep the players who were here in season 1 happy, but new players still shouldn't be forced to miss out on stuff a second time!

I'm still trying to find out what tiers 31+ look like. It's funny. I want to be thrilled by this update overall and throw myself into the game knowing things have just greatly changed for the better. But I'm held up worrying that the season 1 revival might have been ruined by a mistake. Even if it hasn't, our inability to know that yet means it'll be a kind of weird delayed celebratory feeling instead.

@Princesse-Jen said in Pre-PC content is returning!!:

(also, where was the Dreamcast mentioned?)

Firstly in the in-game Notifications window that appeared when logging in for the first time after maintenance. Then in the visiphones of anyone who had already cleared the relevant story mission. There is also a banner for it which appears in telepipe loading screens sometimes. But it's still yet to get a website announcement or tweet.