Is this a scam?

This is Ship02

So I mistakenly bought a couple 1* +30 weapons for about 262K (edit: each) because I forgot to set the rarity filter and wasn't paying attention. I'm not bitter or anything, stuff happens, but now I am curious. I have never seen this before, and I thought this may be a player trying to take advantage of others who are in a rush after a mission like I was and not really paying attention. The shop was refilled almost immediately. I was concerned, so I reached out to one of the PSO2 youtubers and was told that I am mistaken and this is 100% legit.

The reason I was given is that a low level player may need a 1* +30 weapon, which doesn't make much sense to me honestly. From what I have seen each weapon type has a 7* that requires 1 Dex, has way better stats than a 1* +30, and sells for super cheap on the market.

Was also told that at +35 these weapons can transfer an augment at a 100% success rate. Also doesn't make sense to me because they are not +35, have the most basic affixes on them, and can be created for pretty cheap very quickly if you needed one.

So I am wondering your thoughts on this, and also at the same time pointing it out so you don't make a mistake as well.

It's legit.

+30 weapons are used to boost weapons when enhancing them.

Even a 1* +30 is better than a 7* +1.

People buy the highest enhancement levels for the lowest cost since they give out the most enhance EXP.

I apologize but I'm not seeing it. These can be made for something like 30-40k if you aren't getting the weapons by deleting characters.

They are indeed used for enhancing, or at least i believe that's what the seller is intending to make it look like. At 250k this is of course seems overpriced, but I haven't made the calculation myself. If you said 6* this would make more sense because those are pretty cost efficient as well and drop a bunch, but again I haven't done the math.

Yes you can make it cheaper, just as every premade affixed / enhanced unit and weapon can be made cheaper than what it is sold on the market for, they still sell because people are lazy or uninformed. If that's a scam to you then yes this would probably be as well.

I personally wouldn't buy a +30 fodder. I can make those myself. So regardless of the intentions of the seller, it's never a good purchase in my opinion.

my thinking was that it was made to catch people looking for the +30 collector weapons, which many use for fodder and are around the same price

@MiyenHalo said in Is this a scam?:

my thinking was that it was made to catch people looking for the +30 collector weapons, which many use for fodder and are around the same price

People here are giving others the benefit of the doubt but looking at Ship 2 right now (and a couple of days ago) I think this is likely the intent, all 1* crap enhanced to +30 priced around the same as the Collection Folder Lambdas (8*) 300K Meseta.

What augments did the weapons have? They could also be augment fodder for all we know.

@Mattwo7 said in Is this a scam?:

What augments did the weapons have? They could also be augment fodder for all we know.

Continuous benefit of the doubt to people trying to scam others is unnecessary, how many augment fodders have you bought that was 1* and grinded to +30?

@Vashzaron I wouldn't know much about buying weapons in general on this market regardless of rarity or grind tbh. I see my mistake here. I'll just shut up now.

@Mattwo7 Sorry if I seemed overtly aggressive in my reply but annoyed at seeing responses here all giving the benefit of the doubt to something as blatantly "cheeky" as this.

@Vashzaron Oh it's not you, it's all of the people who I rubbed the wrong way that keep libeling me. Had to deal with one just last night.