Steam launch when?

I just had probably my 10th instance of the game being unable to launch. I know how to fix it, though it takes quite a lot of time and I don't have an infinite amount of that available. Every time the XBL network experiences an issue, which is quite frequently as of late, it affects PSO. Every time you close the game, you run the risk of corrupting data thanks to it running off the Microsoft store. Have a crash? Good luck restarting, your game is now uninstalled yet still taking up space!

PSO is 8 years old already, it should run incredibly well as the JP dev team has had a pretty long time to work out the bugs. There was one fairly major issue at the PC launch aside from install issues themselves (which is due to the Windows store), and it got addressed, a date set for it to be fixed, and it was patched on the exact date stated. The problem is Microsoft, and I really REALLY wish Sega would remove them from the equation already.

Steam launch when?

No idea. I'm still on my original installation with zero issues. Lost internet due to my modem deciding to reset, but the game always starts back up fine. Computer gets shut down every night. Don't know what to tell you.

No one knows when for sure, but not soon enough for many.

Probably some time after Episode 4 in August, but we'll see. It will most definitely still require Xbox / Microsoft Account login.

There was talk about steam but they made it Xbox/PC only.

Phantasy Star Online 2 gets a PC release date window – but it won't be on Steam. ... The action-RPG game's own manual seemed to suggest it would be available on PC via both Valve's platform and the Windows Store, but now it looks like that's not the case – Sega has announced it's heading to Microsoft's store exclusively.

May 8, 2020

Link - https://www.pcgamesn.com/phantasy-star-online-2/pc-release-date

@animeregion However, their own promo showcasing episode 4 also highlights that it is coming "...and more pc platforms soon", I believe it states at the end of the trailer. With the sh*t show that was Microsoft Store release for PC, I don't think they are too keen on further alienating the PC player base by including that information in their trailer only to back pedal to what that article reported two months ago.

@Spectra-Saberon

Others mins ps vita

Others

Also could be macOS or others OS systems.

@animeregion

The statement at the end of the trailer states "Other PC Platforms"... why would that mean PS4 and/or Cloud?

MacOS and Linux are both also extremely unlikely and SEGA has little reason to even support those when only Western developed PC games they publish on occasion support Mac and Linux.

The game is coming to Steam as the earlier pre-Beta leak indicated with the MS Store being nothing more than a 'timed' exclusivity. Data-leaks by other already showed references to Steam (thats as far as i'll go with that).

Expect it with epi 4. That will have given their "soon" about 3 months of being a thing. Just like we were getting PC info "soon" and it took 3 months before they even acknowledged PC existed again.

It makes the most sense. How do you get those back you lost or never had because of the issues? Release on a competent platform along side a big content drop.

Yeah, I also expect it on Steam, as that's the only logical destination when they mentioned "other PC platforms". And indeed, yes, I do want this on Steam, despite having yet another thing running on background. It would also allow me more freedom to adjust the gamepad to create a preset that actually includes the whole sub palette without having to play criss cross with it while in combat just to access resta...

@animeregion Vita is DEAD, even JP is dropping it in September making me sad. PSO2 is one of the only game I play regularly on my Vita.

And from the same site. June 12

https://www.pcgamesn.com/phantasy-star-online-2/pso2-steam-release-date

@ZorokiHanuke said in Steam launch when?:

actually includes the whole sub palette without having to play criss cross with it while in combat just to access resta

This can be done already in game. Have you not tried it yet?

@animeregion said in Steam launch when?:

@ZorokiHanuke said in Steam launch when?:

actually includes the whole sub palette without having to play criss cross with it while in combat just to access resta

This can be done already in game. Have you not tried it yet?

I know the game already has left trigger swap. But does it allow more than that one swap? I haven't tried, but I didn't see much about it on the options. When I edit on Steam, I can use the triggers and shoulder bumpers as swap buttons for the face buttons, so each face button can have 4 actions, as in LT+X, RT+X, LB+X and RB+X. Repeat this for the next three buttons if needed, or the stick clicks, or the d-pad, and you can cram a bunch of buttons as action functions without having to press the d-pad left or right several times to get to a certain action, or having to buy a chat pad. Yes, it kills the menu functions as you have to set the controller as a KB-M setup instead of gamepad. But for combat, it's all worth.

They better not open up new ships for a Steam launch... PC launch didn't get a new ship. We had to get stuck with the broken xbox economy... Just out of curiousity... Did the people who abused the $1 xbox thing get to keep all that stuff?

@Teufel666 said in Steam launch when?:

Did the people who abused the $1 xbox thing get to keep all that stuff?

Yes, to some degree, as explained in this thread: https://forum.pso2.com/topic/5986/beware-of-the-xbox-mafia