Beware of the Xbox mafia!

@Ravness01 said in Beware of the Xbox mafia!: the PC players were allowed to join the servers

Thank you so much that we were "allowed" to join the servers cough You sound exactly like those B1 Xbox players who brag all day in lobby how much money they can make off the "newly joined PC players" by buying each and every cosmetic off the market BEFORE the pc players joined and reselling it for 10x to 50x the original price now. Why you think PC players would have loved a server dedicated to them? To prevent exactly that.

I buy and resell stuff myself so i won't even complain about it - but the prices do not raise just because of that. We just get flooded with free weekly meseta so the value of scratch items per meseta increases. Even more if less people will buy AC tickets.

@JuggernautGTX

Don't know why you're trying to be snarky about being allowed to join the servers. The open beta went live and pc players were not allowed to play as the pc version of the game wasn't live yet. Cherry picking what I said with no context doesn't change the fact that it was exactly how things played out. If you want to "thank" anyone thank Sega's mishandling of the PC version's launch.

As for sitting in the lobby bragging...just no. You don't get anything done sitting in the lobby talking to people and I prefer to use my time to get things done on the game. In case you're curious I'm sitting on 61 million meseta at the moment, so no, in fact I don't/didn't buy cosmetics up to resell them to PC players at exorbitant prices before they even had a chance to get said items. If I had been willing to do that I'd easily be sitting on a couple hundred million, or more, by now. It's comical being accused of doing that when everything I have sold on the personal shop I always undercut the market value of the item by 25% to sell faster, and I have sold zero cosmetic items since the PC version has gone live because I stopped buying AC scratch tickets.

As for inflation of prices. You're wrong there too, I'm afraid. Mesata being thrown at people via weeklies didn't just magically start when the PC players started playing, it's been there all along, and prices still remained much lower on cosmetics(tho higher on actual gear) during the open beta. Inflation occurred with cosmetics(and likewise dropped sharply on gear) when the player base of the PC players joined the servers. This caused a change in supply/demand. More people running content meant there were more rare drops being obtained(so gear became cheaper), and more people meant there was a higher demand for cosmetics being bought on the personal shop(so prices went up). It's not some conspiracy against the PC players, it's basic economics...

Could the problem be alleviated somewhat by rerunning the AC Scratches that ran before the PC release?

@Profound-Dankness said in Beware of the Xbox mafia!:

Could the problem be alleviated somewhat by rerunning the AC Scratches that ran before the PC release?

I think as soon as you re-run anything, hoarders will reconsider their current "Everything that's gone is guaranteed to raise in price forever" mindset.

@Miraglyth said in Beware of the Xbox mafia!:

@Profound-Dankness said in Beware of the Xbox mafia!:

I think as soon as you re-run anything, hoarders will reconsider their current "Everything that's gone is guaranteed to raise in price forever" mindset.

The only true way to devalue the player market, would be to increase the drop ratios on Scratch pools that contain re-release items.

While it's something that Nexon would do after a few years of initial item release, I somehow doubt that SEGA would ever follow suit.