Beware of the Xbox mafia!

@John-Paul-RAGE said in Beware of the Xbox mafia!:

when it has persisted in JP for a very long time

I don't see why you think that's relevant with the way they've been running the NA version. It could go either way all things considered.

@John-Paul-RAGE said in Beware of the Xbox mafia!:

@Miraglyth if you somehow think that quoting me on a debate about opening more servers for PC launch is relevant...

You... are following the conversation, right...? You asked why Xbox players would have waited until PC launch to start hoarding. That quote accompanied and exemplified the response that most people didn't expect the scale of the influx. It's a direct answer to the question!

You can claim that you really did expect 400+ blocks if you want, but that would be irrelevant as it's clear the majority did not which capably explains your version of the Pole Dance's price history.

@JuggernautGTX said in Beware of the Xbox mafia!:

reading things such as "just because pc kids cry sega is rereleasing old stuff....i will soon loose alot of money just because they will probably rerelease other stuff in future"

Good! The funny thing is that was the third of the three recent thoughts about discouraging reselling I've referenced in the last few posts. Bringing some pre-PC stuff back should help resellers (regardless of their platform) stop thinking of pre-PC items as "guaranteed bonus money" and consider hoarding and reselling as risky ventures in the future which is much better for a healthy economy.

There is so much speculation in this thread..

(myself included)

By the way I seem to recall hearing about dupers ruining the economy either during the beta or early into the Xbox release. Does that factor into this at all? I don't see that mentioned.

@Mattwo7 said in Beware of the Xbox mafia!:

By the way I seem to recall hearing about dupers ruining the economy either during the beta or early into the Xbox release. Does that factor into this at all? I don't see that mentioned.

There was but the people who profited from it told us to shut up. Myself, in particular, made a thread about the people who were selling hundreds upon hundreds of recycle badges (guess how they got those) and hoarding vast numbers of AC scratch items during the xbox exclusive period. Most of the time this was met with "lol just buy stuff while it's cheap so you can resell it later when it's in high demand, like me"

Well, I guess this thread explains this player shop I found back at the beginning of June on Ship 2:

Ridiculous shop

edit: Also a few days after that there was a second shop that popped up that had almost the same exact inventory, 40~ish of all the military line sets, but I don't have a picture of that one.

@Akonyl That's exactly the kind of player, yes. They aren't technically breaking any rules but it feels really just... Off that this kind of shit gets by without anything being done.

Personally I think the best solution would be to slowly cycle in old scratch into the Mission Badge shop; an act that would reward dedicated players and new ones alike given that the Mission Badge shop sets the standard at 100 badges per item, people who do the mission pass will be able to pick what they want and buy them (items, of course, should be account locked rather than being able to be resold) and even new players would be able to buy one or two things. This would, also, give a long period of exclusivity for the people who buy AC and play the market, so those who want the items now can buy them and enjoy them as always; but it would prevent this kind of market stranglehold from absolutely decimating item prices and allowing monopolies to form because once people start owning every copy of an item, people could just wait until a scratch showed up in the mission badge shop to buy what they wanted.

@Nuebot said in Beware of the Xbox mafia!:

@Akonyl That's exactly the kind of player, yes. They aren't technically breaking any rules but it feels really just... Off that this kind of shit gets by without anything being done.

Personally I think the best solution would be to slowly cycle in old scratch into the Mission Badge shop; an act that would reward dedicated players and new ones alike given that the Mission Badge shop sets the standard at 100 badges per item, people who do the mission pass will be able to pick what they want and buy them (items, of course, should be account locked rather than being able to be resold) and even new players would be able to buy one or two things. This would, also, give a long period of exclusivity for the people who buy AC and play the market, so those who want the items now can buy them and enjoy them as always; but it would prevent this kind of market stranglehold from absolutely decimating item prices and allowing monopolies to form because once people start owning every copy of an item, people could just wait until a scratch showed up in the mission badge shop to buy what they wanted.

SEGA would never cycle anything, not even Nexon changes the cash shop code. Since PSO2 is from another country, all they'll do is keep banking off of FOMO.

Right now PSO2 looks like some unatended cash grab mmo (not talking about gameplay) not only some ppl openly braggs about how they dominate the market trought exploids but also the gold farming, gold selling spam... this irritates me cuz i was expecting more of Sega and Microsoft than from some sh*ty mmo publisher... i dnt know, maybe im too passionate about Phantasy Star (a saga i love) and too naive about what to expect from nowadays Microsoft and Sega but i still hope GMs/Devs are busy fixing other things and with time ingame situation gets less annoying... oh well end of the rant.

@VoidEngineWhen said in Beware of the Xbox mafia!:

also the gold farming, gold selling spam

That's going to happen in any MMO, not just F2P ones either. Even FFXIV for all of its ban waves based on RMT that they publicly announce is not immune to this. Mind you other MMOs (including this one) probably ban wave RMT-related accounts too but do not publicly announce it. (I mean at this point we can't really expect any transparency when it comes to this sort of thing because Sega keeps ESTSoft from telling us important things that they should be telling us)

If you did the Ultimate pass exploit then you should be banned and exploited items from their shop removed plain and simple that would stop these type of players from ever selling anything in their shops..

@GM-Beppo @GM-Bear @GM-Beemo @GM-bill @GM-Bleed

@CodeBreaker-V1 the Ultimate pass thing was remedied, but whatever the deal was with the 999 recycle badges was never addressed.

Don't think it was AC related, had to have been something else.

I think this video is relevant to this topic: https://youtu.be/I2Lj2vvFGcg; so no, I don't think this is reserved to Xbox players only, it can be anyone that has the ability to purchase AC scratch tickets.

This thread is just...

So as someone who's played since the beta launched and watched the market since then I can attest that the market prices on stuff were far better before the PC players were allowed to join the servers. When an AC scratch would release most of the cosmetic items would sell for around 100-300k for a couple of days before prices would creep up. Emotes/accessories would usually only be 1-2 million.

I find it comical all the upset PC players not able to play kept screaming on the forums that "xbox players were going to destroy/ruin their precious market", and then when they finally did join, the PC players themselves did exactly that. Before any player could log in run their dailies and then buy anything they wanted out of an AC scratch off the market. Now, emotes/basewears/accessories cost 15mil the day the scratch comes out.

So for someone to have enough meseta to buy up/out every cosmetic and corner a market isn't hard to believe if they had been playing since the beta started because before the PC players joined the xbox players were buying/selling cosmetics for 100-300k each, and if you are buying stuff at that price and then just stored it until now, every 100k you spent back then is turning into 10mil+ now. This isn't the fault of the xbox players(pc players caused inflation to happen, xbox players had to adapt to the increase in demand/change in prices).

For the game overall I can say that I, myself, and two of my alliance members stopped buying AC tickets because of this. Back when it was only xbox we would buy 12 tickets each scratch. We'd keep the items we wanted/liked. Trade them to each other if someone got something you wanted. Then sell off the rest of it and usually make enough to buy anything else you wanted 1:1. Now, meseta inflation for cosmetics has gone so high it's no longer worth buying AC tickets(if you pull mostly male/cast cosmetics you will make virtually nothing and be lucky to buy 1 female cosmetic for the 12 items you sold).

@Ravness01 said in Beware of the Xbox mafia!:

Trade them to each other if someone got something you wanted. Then sell off the rest of it and usually make enough to buy anything else you wanted 1:1.

To be frank, I don't think this is how Sega intended for the player market to work to begin with. And also to be frank, I find it very hard to believe the market was ever so idealistic.