Beware of the Xbox mafia!

@Saiyer said in Beware of the Xbox mafia!:

but considering this game was built with PC in mind

It was also built with PS3 in mind unless I am mistaken but that got delayed and turned into the Vita release and later the PS4 release. The Playstation releases got all sorts of special treatment too (like the limited time Toro and Kuro camos and Nyau reskin), far more than the Switch and PC releases, they even had a collab with Dengeki PlayStation. Where's my Mario costume and weapon camos?

@coldreactive said in Beware of the Xbox mafia!:

No wonder SEGA will never make a Skies of Arcadia remake.

You say that and yet Streets of Rage 4 and remakes of Panzer Dragoon and Alex Kidd exist within the past year. (And the Alex Kidd remake is coming in spite of the underwhelming reception of the Panzer Dragoon remake though it does look like they learned their lesson this time considering the Alex Kidd one is coming with a bunch of new stuff (and while the Panzer Dragoon remake is getting an update, I think that's going to go over as well as AotI did: Too little, too late (except with even less to offer))

Also Shenmue III happened last year independent of Sega but the less said about that one the better (devs who are too used to reling on publishers to handle PR and distribution really need to delegate crowdfunding campaigns I swear).

While it's true that the exploit allowed people to get their hands on lots and lots of money and AC tickets, all that's doing is flooding the market with more stuff, which only increases supply and makes it cheaper.

Exploiting the market by buying low and selling high is something literally anyone can do, so I wouldn't attribute that to anyone who exploited the system back then. All it takes is patience.

@CFR said in Beware of the Xbox mafia!:

all that's doing is flooding the market with more stuff, which only increases supply and makes it cheaper.

Why are you pretending that part about excessive extra meseta - the part that they specifically removed from the package due to it being exploited - doesn't exist, exactly?

@CFR said in Beware of the Xbox mafia!:

Exploiting the market by buying low and selling high is something literally anyone can do

But if you have most of the money, you sure can do more of it, can't you?

Maybe if the people were "flooding" the market the prices would drop... but they are selling them 1 or 2 at a time... They aren't flooding the market with the items.

@Teufel666 said in Beware of the Xbox mafia!:

Maybe if the people were "flooding" the market the prices would drop... but they are selling them 1 or 2 at a time... They aren't flooding the market with the items.

This is it exactly. Even on this forum you can see posts by people bragging about how often they'll buy up massive numbers of stocks to simply hoard until it becomes valuable and can be resold at a premium.

And, on the earlier subject of exploits, a prime offender of this was the first bout of Fresh Finds Shops items which could be resold. So those who had that early advantage from the gamepass exploit were able to buy up those highly valued items and monopolize them.

They're currently destroying the market by hoarding every AC item and reselling for higher Under 150k costumes are no longer a thing, rip.

It amuses me how always this topic atracts ppl that says theres nothing wrong with scummy gold farmer tactics but "xbox mafia"? If we talk about exploids in general PC farmers hav more and worse exploids at their disposal, unfortunately

Edited cuz thx to Miraglyth i noticed i said players where the correct word was farmers

@VoidEngineWhen said in Beware of the Xbox mafia!:

If we talk about exploids in general PC players hav more and worse exploids at their disposal

Unless by general you mean gaming in general (an irrelevance), elaborate.

Miraglyth security vulnerability exploids are not a xbox exclusive, and i mean not only game mechanic exploits,i mean also tools like coord tel, full animation canceling, speed hacks or even botting that existed in pc PSO2 years ago, im not gonna go deedper into what gold farmers do and i admit it as been a long time since i checked the best source on this: "CancerousGamers.com" (not gonna promote the real thing but u can search yourself), so some security vulnerability exploids are probably fixed and new ones arised but when it comes to farming, PC is the best platform, im not attacking PC, im a PC user myself and i know PC is the best platform for the good and the worse, if gold farming is irrelevant to this topic then i must hav missunderstood something, my English not exactly good, im clueless lol

PS TL;DR I just mean is the gold farmers, independently of platform, that get the most benefits cause the worse dmg to game with exploids of all sorts.

That sounds like a lot of stuff PC players don't do. Or have "at their disposal".

Meseta farming bots or whatever, maybe? The thought occurs to me at this point: By their nature, they also have absurd amounts of meseta at their disposal. So it's possible they also get involved with buying up the supply of items to resell. That would be a troubling prospect since they hopefully get banned, and if they did horde items beforehand they'd be eliminated which would seriously reduce an already low supply.

@Miraglyth Now that u bring it to my attention i noticed the wrong use of the word players, edited, obviously real players dnt do what farmers do.

Also, they hav a limitless amound of meseta, farmers i mean, to their disposal, thats why they hav a toxic influence on the market, i know the exploid caused probably by a exec desire to get a fast influx of new pso2 xbox accounts was not a good thing but the worse cancer for the game is the farmers eager to exploit anything even in detriment of the game and again i run a bit offtopic sorry.

@VoidEngineWhen said in Beware of the Xbox mafia!:

@Miraglyth Now that u bring it to my attention i noticed the wrong use of the word players, edited, obviously real players dnt do what farmers do.

No worries, good clarification. 👍

I have seen many PC players communicating that they have made most of their meseta from buying and reselling later, so stating it is something from the XBOX era isn't the full truth.

After the code redemption exploit it was stated the excess AC tickets were removed (which is why the system was temporarily down) but don't take my word for it, go look back in posts around March and see if you can find it.

Bottom line is while some of the manipulation is Xbox players, it is also PC players who took advantage of Pole Dancers price when they started. Save up your konosuba items and sell then later for a lot more, since the collab stuff isn't likely to return.

@John-Paul-RAGE said in Beware of the Xbox mafia!:

I have seen many PC players communicating that that they have made most of their meseta from buying and reselling...

Bottom line is while some of the manipulation is Xbox players...

While I do agree PC players have joined in and some of those have become relatively rich, my goodness do sentences like these look like weasel words; "most of their meseta" could be any amount. Bottom line, if you look at two players who want to become filthy rich by controlling markets, my money's on the one that starts with tens of millions faring a liiittle better than the one that starts with nothing two months late.

it is also PC players who took advantage of Pole Dancers price when they started.

😂 How on earth can you even conclude that!

Save up your konosuba items and...

Finish up by promoting reselling. Nice. But yes, it's the least likely scratch to date to ever return. Anyone who wants any outfits from that set should get them now because it's your best chance to ever own them.

Back to those two hypothetical players earlier: I do agree it's likely they will both eventually succeed, thereby making most other people unnecessarily miserable. As time passes PC players will increasingly catch up in how capably they can mess up the economy (and surely some already have). The root cause of that is a system that encourages and permits such interference, and change to that system would be the ultimate solution regardless of perpetrator.

@Miraglyth pole dance was at 13million on ship 2 the day of PC launch, so any PC whale had instant access to their initial investment fund.

Very few items exceeded 20m in price prior to the PC launch, so if the Xbox Mafia was going to accelerate the price increase of all the items, why was it not done prior to PC release? Dance 20 wasn't even that high before and it was already off the obtainable scratches.

Now that ship transfers are a thing, paired with how easy it is to make 10-20 million meseta just from questing, it will be even easier for whales to increase their in-game meseta in exchange for real life money. RMT at it's finest.

While I can agree some changes need to be made, I don't want the ability to capitalize off individual's FOMO mentality to be gone completely. I have been saving some items for a very long time to get the most bang for my buck.