The game is losing players already and these are some things than can help stop it.

This is a long post but hopefully sega listens to save their game.

I have played a lot of MMOs in my life. Some bad, some are great. I really love this game but I noticed with the way where things are headed, this game wont last long or would see a significant decline in terms of number of players. So here are some suggestions that i put together. These are the reasons why ff14, WoW and other top MMOs are still on top and why MMOs like this one dies pretty quick after the initial hype.

Your first mistake is spoonfeeding the players the BiS gears from the get go. I understand that we are catching quick with JP content but implementing methods to get bis gears in 2weeks of playtime at this current state is just crazy stupid. What make players stay and mmo great is gear progression. Wind and Rain UQ is a good example of this. We get rising 2 badges to trade for bis circuray units but its not a lot so we are forced to do it often. Now with the new glory badges, people can get circu units in 3days. What happens after thar? Nothing. Majority of my alliance moved to a new game because theres literally nothing for them to do after that. If you want catch up mechanics, you can implement it when the update is close not when it is tooo early. We have a new update in august. Thats a month still. What do you expect people to do in the time between now and then? No reason to play means people will invest their time on other games and trust me, with too many games out there right now, once they start playing and investing on other games, most of them will not return.

Secondly, the grind on this game in terms of sense of progression is not rewarding enough to make people stay. Everyone is at the mercy of RNG. This is bad. In jp it works because of their culture. But NA demography never wants to waste their time and they want a sense of accomplishment everytime they grind.

Good example of this are the 13 star pets. Right now, theres really nothing you can do about it aside from being at the mercy of RNG. With 0.00x% chance of droprate. Some people will grind 10hours a day and get nothing while some only grinds for 2hours and gets it. This is absurd and stupid. There should be some sort of contingency or some sort of insurance that rewards those who play the game more than others who doesnt.

I am not saying that they should completely remove the rng aspect of the game. What I am suggesting is to atleast respect the player's time spent on grinding in this game and reward them with something once in a while to keep them hook. Players should always feel that sense of progression towards a goal whenever they grind so they dont feel like theyre wasting time because rng isnt kind to them. I also know a lot of players who lost motivation because of this.

My solutions for this comes in 2 options.

1. Every kill without getting the drop you want should increase the chance of the next drop. Little by little until you get it. Like for example, if I want to grind for a rappy pet, lets say it starts at 0.001% chance. Every kill without it dropping should increase the chance of the next kill by like lets say 0.1% or something like that. In this way, people will still keep on killing rappies because they know that even if rng isnt om their side, their next kill has always a better chance of dropping it and that their grind is getting them closer to their goals no matter how little it is.

Heres a scenario for you to understand it better.

Player1 grinds for 15hours everyday, lets say he kills anga in ultimate maybe 40-60times a day trying to get an aero or a jingga or a nemesis weapon to drop.

Player2 grinds for 1hour everyday, kills 3 angas in that hour.

Player 2 gets the good drop because RNG is on their side, while player1 still gets nothing despite doing it for weeks, 10hours a day.

Player1 will think all the time he spent grinding is a waste. And just because RNG isnt on his side, he feel its pointless and will just decide to stop wasting his precious time and play another game instead. But if you put it that incremental increase in drop rate everytime anga doesnt drop any items, player1 wouldnt get discouraged because he knows if he keeps on grinding, there a guarantee that he will get the item he is looking for. This is both rewarding to the player and better for the game because the game is giving something back to reward the player's grind.

1. Another option is via tokens or currency, like dont implement the increasing drop rate but for every boss killed, it should give some sort of currency where in players can trade it for an item they want from the bosses loot table.

Heres a scenario for it. Lets say Anga has 13star jinga, aero and nemesis weapons on its loot table. Every anga kill should atleast give a player like 1 anga currency. Put an npc to trade those currency so the player can instead trade it for the item they want. Like 500anga kills = 1 item of choice from anga's loot table. In this way, players would still continue to farm anga because they know if they kill him enough times, there a guarantee they can get the item they want.

Compared to grinding anga for 15hours a day without getting any results of sense of progression towards your goal. It could take you 1000 anga and still not get the item you want just because rng isnt in your side. This demotivates player and make them move to other games.

I know the current game is popular in JP but NA is whole different community. NA players want to see the fruit of their labors in a concrete manner or they will feel its pointless.

The current state of the content isn't why I've stopped playing, its how the marketing and community is being ran. I've threw around $1k at the game, mostly at scratches and have about the same amount of hours playing. Then recently found out the Japanese "Fresh Finds" shop is ran completely differently, with most items being purchasable with MESETA as opposed to SG, on top of SG being way more farm-able. I feel with all the issues surrounding the release to the west, compounded with the poor community management (Making promises via tweets then retroactively deleting tweets of said promises) and Time-gating SG farm (~300SG per-month per Character) while they are releasing 8 years worth of cosmetic content over several months and taking advantage of the "Fresh Finds" with predatory "Fear of Missing Out" marketing, I just can't get behind investing more inn a game that is so rapidly losing appeal and player-base.

I've dropped the game due to the height restriction, but that's just me personally.

Cosmetics will always have a lot of people buying it with real cash so they can probably get away with it. Nothing we can do about that.

The state of gear progression though is really whats killing this game. We need sega or msoft to atleast respect the time players put into grinding their game.

@Temuorin said in The game is losing players already and these are some things than can help stop it.:

I've dropped the game due to the height restriction, but that's just me personally.

Honestly- in a fashion based game. This too is most important to me. It just shows NA will restrict more cosmetics down the line as well and the true endgame of fashion is ruined. Might as well not even play the game.

@Temuorin said in The game is losing players already and these are some things than can help stop it.:

This made me spill my drink #firstworldproblems lmao

@xLolitakux said in The game is losing players already and these are some things than can help stop it.:

The current state of the content isn't why I've stopped playing, its how the marketing and community is being ran. I've threw around $1k at the game, mostly at scratches and have about the same amount of hours playing. Then recently found out the Japanese "Fresh Finds" shop is ran completely differently, with most items being purchasable with MESETA as opposed to SG, on top of SG being way more farm-able. I feel with all the issues surrounding the release to the west, compounded with the poor community management (Making promises via tweets then retroactively deleting tweets of said promises) and Time-gating SG farm (~300SG per-month per Character) while they are releasing 8 years worth of cosmetic content over several months and taking advantage of the "Fresh Finds" with predatory "Fear of Missing Out" marketing, I just can't get behind investing more inn a game that is so rapidly losing appeal and player-base.

I only found this out the other day JPN dont even have a FF shop I was like what the SG gating is a pain though

I don't like the SG shop either, b/c alot of those items I could get in the market on the Jpn server. SG is just another cash grabbing currency when you run out of it ingame. Hell back in 2015 I bought the black bridal dress for just 700k meseta

@Blackichan08 said in The game is losing players already and these are some things than can help stop it.:

This made me spill my drink #firstworldproblems lmao

Sue me, I play this game for fashion, as do many others.

@Temuorin na man you do you I just found it funny that's all to be honest I come from FFXIV and XI so i miss being super tiny LALA master race

@Blackichan08 said in The game is losing players already and these are some things than can help stop it.:

@Temuorin na man you do you I just found it funny that's all to be honest I come from FFXIV and XI so i miss being super tiny LALA master race

Ahh, sorry sorry. I'm also part of the Great Potato race here. Sorry if I came off as aggressive.

I dropped the game because the game uninstalls itself and I'm tired of resetting my PC back to factory setting 3+ times already.... Im tired of it... I'm waiting to see if they will release it in any other way than the Microsoft store... I've spents ton anf tons of $$ but there's just no fix to this game, and I've lost my patience... Maybe even after they release it at, I may reconsder but until then.. Sooo long PSO2! broke game at launch...

@xLolitakux said in The game is losing players already and these are some things than can help stop it.:

This is one of my biggest issues. I love the game and I understand wanting to catch us up for having synchronized updates, but without more ways to get Star Gems (or other options) or even other ways with AC, it's A LOT of content really really fast and it's part of why I made this topic. There's tons of items I want to get that I had on the Japanese server and tons of things I would've liked then I couldn't, but it almost feels like I might never on the NA server as it's just so much that I have no downtime to save up again.

There HAS to be some kind of balance here and I truly hope it's found sooner rather than later.