Be able to Affix Augments even if a weapon has less augments than the one it's going to

@psoslash said in Be able to Affix Augments even if a weapon has less augments than the one it's going to:

so its harder to make more powerful weapons/units...

affixing is the biggest meseta sink because of this

is it a mess? yes, but you dont need to go for it to enjoy the game, +20 atk wont be much at late game anyways

+20??? i was under the impression, Affixing is for +350 WHICH yeah it is gonna be a big difference between something that DROPS as +20 versus beeing AFFIXED with 6+ augments of over 100+ (roughly) each.

3 Units. each with 200-300 Attack adds up. not to mention the weapon itself, can get an extra 1000 attack stat. i'd say it's quite a difference.. but yeah.. its not "needed" i agree.

what i was saying though, was that Affixing isn't really "fun" unless you been doing it for 8years already. not like WoW has enchanting, where i watched my friend make tons of gold while people handed him the mats, & he enchanted their items.

WoW's Enchantment, is a system that rewards players for their time and effort. Affixing does not APPEAR worth the effort to players who are brand new to PSO. I don't even play WoW, I'd rather have played old GC PSO lol but was just sharing that it would be nice for some compromise or middle ground. not asking to simplify the system, if sega could find an incentive for (Affix-ers) veterans and newbies alike.

I still would prefer a system similar to the materia system from FFXIV, like I suggested here: https://forum.pso2.com/topic/5737/summoner-pet-sweets-box-and-affix-system-overhaul

It would make it easier for people to approach in comparison.

@KYBELA

@KYBELA said in Be able to Affix Augments even if a weapon has less augments than the one it's going to:

@psoslash said in Be able to Affix Augments even if a weapon has less augments than the one it's going to:

is it a mess? yes, but you dont need to go for it to enjoy the game, +20 atk wont be much at late game anyways

+20??? i was under the impression, Affixing is for +350 WHICH yeah it is gonna be a big difference between something that DROPS as +20 versus beeing AFFIXED with 6+ augments of over 100+ (roughly) each.

3 Units. each with 200-300 Attack adds up. not to mention the weapon itself, can get an extra 1000 attack stat. i'd say it's quite a difference.. but yeah.. its not "needed" i agree.

what i was saying though, was that Affixing isn't really "fun" unless you been doing it for 8years already. not like WoW has enchanting, where i watched my friend make tons of gold while people handed him the mats, & he enchanted their items.

WoW's Enchantment, is a system that rewards players for their time and effort. Affixing does not APPEAR worth the effort to players who are brand new to PSO. I don't even play WoW, I'd rather have played old GC PSO lol but was just sharing that it would be nice for some compromise or middle ground. not asking to simplify the system, if sega could find an incentive for (Affix-ers) veterans and newbies alike.

well, i was comparing using cheap affixes vs stuff you have to farm like crazy to achieve

+90 is pretty easy to achieve, even farming your own fodder materials

@KYBELA

@KYBELA said in Be able to Affix Augments even if a weapon has less augments than the one it's going to:

well, i was comparing using cheap affixes vs stuff you have to farm like crazy to achieve

+90 is pretty easy to achieve, even farming your own fodder materials

ah, yeah that makes sense. I got no issue with farming ^_^ its the convoluted Affixing system. the (seemingly) arbitrary limitations, such as the number of augments needing to match perfectly in order to affix, like OP stated.

I'll checkout the link to the other thread, about the ideas suggested for possible revision. I'm mostly here to ask questions & find info that should be easily found with an Oogle search, but for 'whatever reason' is not currently offering much with any search, outside YT. (& wow am i over the pso "guides" on yt)

@Princesse-Jen they make it Hard.Because Affix Augment System is the way to player can have 'OP' in the game. SO that why they make it to 'Build HARD' as like "If you want to become a Stronger . You must try hard,study hard and across the many of obstacle to get the goal and Reward that you can get in the END" ,This is the reason why it's 'the game'.

If they make it to Augment 'Easy' do you think.What it will happen ? like have a lv.20 player can do dmg 1M per Hit ?

that it's must weird Game. So "Not have everything in the world can get by 'Easy Way',and The Reward that you will get from the 'Hard Way' must have 'Big effect' waiting you always"

I will Example for you Why they make it So hard,and What is goal that you can Have. and What it will happen if they do game 'Augment' so Easy. by this 1 Picture. 52979beb-6614-43a1-80bb-12d50cd114d1-image.png

So pls think "What will happen if everyone can make like this. Although they have level is 20!!" the logic behind this decision is : Balance of the Game in 'Over Power' system. Yes Everyone can become a 'Overpower Player' But you must 'try so hard and play a lot.Before you will become like that. and It's about between play style of player that 'What goal they want?'.You "happy that i'm a 'Normal player" or "No!! I must become the Strongest player".It's your choose.

@CandyHaiyang now thats a buffed ep6 unit, the ammount of work to achieve that is not worth it

CandyHaiyang - Most level 20 users won't be aiming for that and honestly if they want to, let them do it. The game has plenty of maps where you need to work together with people, why should that be a problem?

Battling has always been my least favorite part of the game so yeah, if I can get the weapon upgrade stuff done early, I'd jump on it.

And when it comes down to it, you could just get lucky with affixing. You can find the weapons you need, get great successes and not fail at all. You can play for hours and hours and try so hard and still fail. That is not fun or satisfying. It's luck more than anything and I have yet to see a good reason justifying making Affixing absolutely awful.

I know it will never happen but there are plenty of ways to make affixing strong affixes difficult or expensive while keeping it simple in how to actually acquire a powerful weapon. And without crashing the economy. What I don't like is the forethought necessary to begin the craft that requires you to know combinations of augments that change into other augments and augments that make certain ugments easier to affix. Or needing 4 augments to make 1 affix easier etc. All of that is not part of the games tips. It's all material you have to look up outside the game. There's no in-game manual explaining the best course of action to create the fodder you need to get the end result you want. There are other systems that would reward your 500 hours of farming and hard work with a weapon or unit showing you farmed for roughly that amount of time to get to that point. People don't want to play less for powerful items they just want the amount of time they played to show in the quality of their item rather than having to buy 25 ultra specific units to make ultra specific fodder for the ultimate unit when you can just fail or spend weeks not finding the item you need in player stores. And to make it yourself would require a whole different layer and forethought . It also doesn't help that you can only search 4 augments items at once when most rich players wanting endgame gear are going to want 6 or more.

I think as Craig has outlined, if you could transfer things easily at an early level, you could break the game. Yet I think there is something similar to that called an affix pass in JP now. I don't know much about it, it could contradict what I just said in terms of balance but it exists.