What Are CAST? (possible Spoilers)

@Mattwo7 Ugh, of course not. I found that line there 2 or whatever days ago when searching for more accurate info, or at least whatever any wiki had. The "me" thing comes from how I felt when I read it, and how I reacted to it in this thread.

@ZorokiHanuke So in other words it's either a mandella effect or it was legit? You should ask the person who made the edit.

@Mattwo7 Or see if there's any official record of it. That was a PSP game, and I assume disc versions with instruction manuals were sold. I personally played a digital version of that game on a PSP Go so I didn't have access to said manual, if it exists.

The Japanese manual of at least Portable 1 is here.

https://segaretro.org/index.php?title=File%3APhantasy_Star_Portable_PSP_Japan_Manual.pdf&page=1

Now to find the NA variant...

@ZorokiHanuke Good luck with that one...

shutterstock_606453335-e1524164029471.jpg

@Mattwo7 Indeed. SegaRetro only has Portable1's manual.

Cast are Warframes. qHwCJ1ccKA92RG6OY3vb17PBMY-_fBrwiwYhf6RLku8.png

Whatever OP finds out or think CASTs are, their avatar's CAST is stunningly beautiful:

alt text

I love their lack of expression, it makes it even more so.

@coldreactive said in What Are CAST? (possible Spoilers):

Whatever OP finds out or think CASTs are, their avatar's CAST is stunningly beautiful:

alt text

I love their lack of expression, it makes it even more so.

I agree. Also, I have met a soulless scary doll face one that had me go huh, that's actually a bit creepy. User was going by babydoll so it suited it well.

Honestly I think every single version of the CASTS is a Reboot or that universes version of CASTS.

Or it could just be lazy writing and the devs kept changing the name up and the fact that Translation teams just translate however they freaking want since apparently there's no native Japanese speaker who knows english well enough to translate and vice versa.

@SleeprunnerInc said in What Are CAST? (possible Spoilers):

and the devs kept changing the name up and the fact that Translation teams just translate however they freaking want

No... It's been CAST since PSO in Japanese too. Not sure about classic though. Classic always had the least consistent translations (which were probably fixed in Generation IDK). Edit: Generation wasn't localized

@Mattwo7 No I mean about Synth etc.

Not the translation of CAST itself.

@SleeprunnerInc Synths aren't CASTs though, it says CASTs were made from synths. I honestly don't know what you were going on about if that's what you meant because no one said they were calling CASTs synths... @ZorokiHanuke's issue is that they don't even remember where it said they were made from Synths.

I can safely say though that Portable 2 is where the term "synth" was first used to describe Universe-canon's non-cognitive robots as a whole but I don't think there was an official term for them before that.

@Mattwo7 said in What Are CAST? (possible Spoilers):

@SleeprunnerInc Synths aren't CASTs though, it says CASTs were made from synths. I honestly don't know what you were going on about if that's what you meant because no one said they were calling CASTs synths... @ZorokiHanuke's issue is that they don't even remember where it said they were made from Synths.

I can safely say though that Portable 2 is where the term "synth" was first used to describe Universe-canon's non-cognitive robots as a whole but I don't think there was an official term for them before that.

And I can't seem to find any other info other than that one sentence from that wiki, which I really don't know if it came from the actual manual or from what other source. Also yes, some things can get lost in translation. Worse if the team translating one game is different from the team translating another, and even worse if none of the teams are lore conscious.

@Mattwo7 Sorry english aint my main language so It's hard to try and explain.

What I am trying to say is that Synth might be a translation error to something else such as Android.

I am not saying synths and CASTS are the same, I am saying they might have used Synth instead of Android for some reason for example.

The NA and global translations ALWAYS differ greatly depending on who makes them and often they just change things stupidly and have errors (AKA FFXIV english story compared to Japanese.)

@SleeprunnerInc said in What Are CAST? (possible Spoilers):

What I am trying to say is that Synth might be a translation error to something else such as Android. I am not saying synths and CASTS are the same, I am saying they might have used Synth instead of Android for some reason for example.

What is your native language then? Because you didn't understand a word I said before and I'm fairly handy with google translate.