Use Different Colors for Urgent Quests and Concerts

@Miraglyth Not sure if they will get Independence Day event, though I remember they did have the Easter event AFTER Easter was over last year. They are having the Tanabata event right now (Holiday on July 7) and it's going to last through most of July.

I sort of stopped playing JP server this January/February, haven't kept up with JP since then.

@Aida-Enna

Obviously color blindness various so you can't cater it around one person.

My color blindness would likely differ from his.

Signed your pal overwatch, everquest, or whatever discord name I use each day

@Miraglyth From my understanding, and from what I've seen PC players (that used the tweaker to gain access to the JP version of the game) talk about, the Independence day event is exclusive to NA, and that it never popped up on the JP servers as it was never intended to, in the same way, certain Japanese holidays will most likely not show up in our version of the game. That's why the events, and urgent quests will never be in sync.

But that's off topic here.

@Rhysticalz said in Use Different Colors for Urgent Quests and Concerts:

@Aida-Enna

Obviously color blindness various so you can't cater it around one person.

My color blindness would likely differ from his.

Signed your pal overwatch, everquest, or whatever discord name I use each day

Yeah, I said the same thing, but then people started quoting the Wikipedia page on the topic, instead of looking at non biased research studies. Everyone sees color differently to an extent, according to several people who have conducted research on sight overall. Color blindness by extension of this fact varies from person to person as well. Hell, one of my friends, she can only see in black and white, so color variation for her is really messed up. Which is why I said they need to take a page out of Bungies book, and implement a color setting on the site itself, that a user can chose based on color palette samples.

That said, this forum post should have been placed in the proper thread. I believe there is one for the game itself, and one for site/forum recommendation.

@Anarchy-Marine said in Use Different Colors for Urgent Quests and Concerts:

@Miraglyth From my understanding [snip] the Independence day event is exclusive to NA

That's cra-

@Anarchy-Marine said in Use Different Colors for Urgent Quests and Concerts:

But that's off topic here.

🤷 Fine. I already made my suggestion (just put text in those cells), so I'll leave it at that.

@Aida-Enna said in Use Different Colors for Urgent Quests and Concerts:

e schedule itself they post on the website? That's probably do-able, hopefully the GMs pass this along. If you don't mind me asking, are there any specific colors/combinations that you can't see? Just trying to help determine what colors would be best to use in the future.

Hi all! We'll definitely work on improvements regarding this for future articles. Thank you for bringing this up!

To be fair it's even different if you view it on mobile vs desktop and it's really hard to tell if I'm honest from a non color blind person, so it must be a nightmare for someone who is.

I Would much rather them use Symbols rather than colors at least then you can clearly tell

Can someone who is color-blind check out the newest Urgent Quest schedule and provide feedback on whether the colors are discernible between quests? We did some research and came up with some RGB values that should work, but want to make sure.

https://pso2.com/news/urgent-quests/urgentquestschedule0722

I can't help directly but looking at probably the same websites as you:

• Virtual Planet and Endless Story/Our Fighting concerts might be similar with blue-weak vision (Week 1 only)
  • Barren Blossom and Eternal Encore concerts might be similar with red-blind vision

Mostly though I'm just trying to make this post be more useful than a cold bump for visibility. C'mon folks, we want this to be a feedback forum! Can we help the GMs when they're trying to help?

@Miraglyth said in Use Different Colors for Urgent Quests and Concerts:

I can't help directly but looking at probably the same websites as you:

• Virtual Planet and Endless Story/Our Fighting concerts might be similar with blue-weak vision (Week 1 only)
  • Barren Blossom and Eternal Encore concerts might be similar with red-blind vision

Mostly though I'm just trying to make this post be more useful than a cold bump for visibility. C'mon folks, we want this to be a feedback forum! Can we help the GMs when they're trying to help?

Thank you, @Miraglyth . I'm sure they'll eventually notice this. I was going for the most obvious shade differences for the different types of color-blindness, so as long as they can perceive a difference in shade, it should be ok. If needed we can go to gray-scale, it's just not as fun. 🙂

@GM-Deynger Wow, I just looked at that and it looks amazing. I'm not color blind myself, but my room mate is, and since the game came out any time he was wondering what UQs were coming up he had to ask me to check for him. I'll show him the new schedule and see what he says about it, but those colors are MUCH easier to tell apart.

He just took a look at the new color scheme, the pink and blue are pretty close together and hard to tell apart. He can tell there's a difference if he looks at them long enough. He also wanted to suggest, if it's possible, using symbols instead of colors. We don't know how things run on your end and understand it might not be possible, but it's a thought!

As someone diagnosed with what I call shade-blindness 40 years ago, the new colors are fantastic. Very easy for someone of my level to see. Nice to have somebody listening.

Until the color thing gets sorted out, you're welcome to use my website to see what the daily schedule is. The three major NA time zones are sorted by tabs there for convenience (we have alliance members from all over so it helps for some of them).

https://arksacademy.com/schedule/

It's just a bare-bones side project, nothing fancy. Eventually it'll host guides for our new players.

Good luck!

A step in the right direction. That's all anyone can do in this world, and I'm glad the GM's here followed though. Not a common thing with most other games that I've played. The quick response was also top quality.

@GM-Deynger

The colors on the new schedule are much easier to see. Thank you so much for updating this quickly!