Use Different Colors for Urgent Quests and Concerts

Hi I'm color blind so this may only effect me but the colors chosen for the new urgent quest and the concerts looks almost exactly the same. I really don't want to have to manually eye drop the values of these colors to tell the difference regularly. Could some different color be used for the next schedule?

Color blind site options in a settings menu might be beneficial to those with various forms of color blindness.

Bungie did this with Destiny to help with accessibility, and it worked wonders for many people. I'd highly recommend that a GM forward this idea.

@Alevity said in Use Different Colors for Urgent Quests and Concerts:

Hi I'm color blind so this may only effect me but the colors chosen for the new urgent quest and the concerts looks almost exactly the same. I really don't want to have to manually eye drop the values of these colors to tell the difference regularly. Could some different color be used for the next schedule?

Do you mean in the schedule itself they post on the website? That's probably do-able, hopefully the GMs pass this along.

If you don't mind me asking, are there any specific colors/combinations that you can't see? Just trying to help determine what colors would be best to use in the future.

Pretty sure he means the website, but there are many types of color blindness - what works for one person may not for another. I think best method is to use color enhancer/filter plug-ins for your browser. I think Chrome has one.

If we are dealing with an American male, he is most likely shade blind in red and green. He can see major differences but not subtle shades.

@Lisaan Geographical location doesn't determine the type of color blindness, neither does gender, so I don't know where you got your information from, or why you brought country, or gender into the conversation, but that statement was heavily inaccurate.

@Anarchy-Marine People always have to bring random internet knowledge into shit lol

@Anarchy-Marine Well... not saying female can't be colorblind, but speaking from genetics - color blindness is often related to the X-chromosome and males only have 1 copy of it making them more likely to exhibit colorblindness. On the contrary, female have 2 X-chromosomes and a defective one is usually compensated by the other copy of X-chromosome. They are carriers but do not exhibit colorblindness. Red-Green colorblindness is the most common especially for European descent, affecting up to 8% of males and 0.5% females according to the National Institute of Health.

My minor knowledge of colorblindness as I worked with someone who was Red-Green colorblind from Germany for 8 years in graduate school. He cannot see red what so ever, so we avoided using that color. Red and black looks the same to him.

@Anarchy-Marine said in Use Different Colors for Urgent Quests and Concerts:

@Lisaan Geographical location doesn't determine the type of color blindness, neither does gender, so I don't know where you got your information from, or why you brought country, or gender into the conversation, but that statement was heavily inaccurate.

It's actually very relevant when discussing the statistical probability that a person would have a certain type of colorblindness.

Anyway, I think a better solution would be to just have the dang EQ/Concert schedule on something like a calendar. Perhaps even a google calendar, which people would easily be able to add to their own calendars, and not have to worry about things like time zones and whatnot.

So I believe my version of colourblindness is red-green but it basically means some shades of colours look the same to me. In the schedule in this image, the urgent quest and quna concerts look exactly the same to me. I can't tell for sure but they look orange and green but due to the brightness they look very similar so it's hard to tell which is which.

https://i.imgur.com/09pEs7O.png

Alongside/beside more distinct colours they could also just put a numbered key or acronym in the cells as text.

Hopefully these tables are created by the community team so this could be a suggestion that doesn't need the usual rigmarole of going to the JP devs and back.

They should actually do an interactive website like JP http://pso2.jp/players/boost/

instead of just blog posting

@HarmlessSyan said in Use Different Colors for Urgent Quests and Concerts:

They should actually do an interactive website like JP http://pso2.jp/players/boost/

Nice idea, the website looks a little mid-2000s but having it be one page would save on browser tabs! On the other hand though, does that mean that you can't go back and see when past UQs happened?

...and wait, they're still doing Wind and Rain?

@Miraglyth yea, you cant see past UQs, the page is updated every maint for the new week.

JP didn't get Rain and Wind 2020 until 6/24, so they are in their second week. Event UQs tends to last a lot longer since they aren't trying to play catch up like on NA.

@HarmlessSyan said in Use Different Colors for Urgent Quests and Concerts:

@Miraglyth yea, you cant see past UQs, the page is updated every maint for the new week.

Honestly that's something to like about the setup we do have then.

JP didn't get Rain and Wind 2020 until 6/24, so they are in their second week. Event UQs tends to last a lot longer since they aren't trying to play catch up like on NA.

Ah... interesting, I'd figured we'd already be in parity on seasonal event content to make things simpler for the developers.

I expect this means they'll also get the Independence Day event later too. Must be interesting for their players to be behind the western server, and to get to see the contents of an event in advance.