Rumors that Etoile Class will be named to Superstar

@LapisWave said in Rumors that Etoile Class will be named to Superstar:

Yeah but I dont think people would have played the NA version if it was Wizard instead of Force.

But it's not wizard and there's zero actual evidence they're changing Etoile at all. This thread is baseless rumormongering. All it's trying to achieve is attempting to get people angry about literally nothing.

Ouch... My nostalgia... superstar And live large A big house 5 cars The rent charged Coming up in the world don't trust nobody Gotta look over your shoulder constantly

I just want my translations fixed and not more botched..

Should really just delete this thread / post.

@Ranmaru said in Rumors that Etoile Class will be named to Superstar:

Should really just delete this thread / post.

Why? it lives up to the name, 'rumors' if it was like .. "CONFIRMED LEAK IS CONFIRMED TO BE CONFIRMED" or something ridiculous id be there with you.

@Redex Because it was datamined unless I'm incorrect. If it's just a rumor with no source, then yeah I don't think it matters.

@Ranmaru True, we'll see!

Both names were datamined (with Etoile appearing many more times), so nothing's really changed.

Idol is kinda cute and fits within the purview of the game. Superstar is overly localized.

Still, I'd just leave it as Etoile, personally. Should never mess much with names. While the localization was clearly a bit rushed and has a few logistics problems I think it has ultimately been fairly good in its choices when viewed in a vaccum...barring Katana Braver PAs, which should have followed what FFXIV did with JP to EN Samurai weaponskill naming conventions: left them as is.

It's time to channel my inner Natsuiro Matsuri.

Hero would be Vigilante or some shit LOL.

Doesn't make sense. Why would they keep all the other class names the same but only change Etoile? Unless Superstar is a new class in itself.

Etolie mag exists. I don't foresee the class changing names.

When you consider that in the JP version, there are photon arts with German names that were changed for the NA version, it wouldn't surprise me if they decided to change Etoile (a French word) to english as well.

EDIT: LOL Maybe it's because the game can't display the É in Étoile properly... alt text

You also can't type anything in chat that isn't part of the latin alphabet. I've tried Hiragana, Katakana, and Cyrillic, but while you can type them into the chat box, it won't display if you hit enter.

@CFR said in Rumors that Etoile Class will be named to Superstar:

You also can't type anything in chat that isn't part of the latin alphabet. I've tried Hiragana, Katakana, and Cyrillic, but while you can type them into the chat box, it won't display if you hit enter.

NA version even has issues with its own linebreak alt + enter, eats your message as well. BUT all of these work if you type them into a shortcut. (Not really a good solution but throwing it out there)

alt text

Though it appears Étoile does have a problem with the É showing up as a square regardless lol