Rumors that Etoile Class will be named to Superstar

Well, "Etoile" in french means "Star." (Musical/show.) Which is why in The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel there's a restaurant with the name "Etoile," (in Japanese too) whose main feature is that they're a piano bar / music bar.

But I agree that the name should stay Etoile. If not, it should be named Idol or something that isn't two words put together into one word. One word names are usually easier tor remember, especially if they're catchy like "Idol." Quna becoming one of these in a future episode would make sense in that regard, if they planned to do that.

I don't mind if it's changed to superstar since it sounds better than Etoile and is easier to remember.

It's all a matter of preference after all to people.

If we go by usage, then I think people will say Superstar far more often than Etoile and thus it sticks to the common joe's mind pretty well.

BUT in all seriousness... STOP CHANGING NAMES AND THINGS FROM WHAT THEY ACTUALLY ARE FOR KITTYS ELBOWS SAKE!

The translation team can barely maintain incoherent english so changing superstar will most likely result in them accidentally calling it SUPER SLAV accidentally. -ANGRY BORIS SOUNDS-

@Novaline said in Rumors that Etoile Class will be named to Superstar:

It's not a rumour, it's a datamine. Which rip because you're not supposed to post those here.

Wasn't even sure if it was datamine since we only have stuffs up to Ep 3 at the moment. But also I think if it's true that Etoile is going to be Superstar, it's probably best that it should have been known now than later so that players could ask devs to change the name back before they release it.

This class wasn't even mentioned in road maps, and I wouldn't be surprised if SEGA devs just announce it the day it releases without any teasers or trailers in advance. Since that's what they had been doing every week.

it wasn't mentioned on the roadmaps because it is not necessary since the class was released on EP6 and EP6 was already on the roadmaps

not gonna like but i like the "superstar" translation.

alt text

Is probably the meme now.

@LapisWave Hey hey don't forget the band: Hardcore Superstar!

562fe7b1-73c3-425b-bde2-88a7a838bcf6-image.png

While it's true that there is data in the game which references them as "Superstar", there is also data in that game that refers to them as "Etoile".

un_063090.csv (un_063090_0010#0,"""And I hope you'll consider the new<br>""Etoile"" class!""")
un_063090.csv (un_063090_0060#0,"""And she agreed to work with me, so<br>we're promoting the new ""Etoile"" class<br>together.""")

It's likely that this was either a case of different people working on different scripts, or they haven't ironed out the exact terminology yet. Either way, one of those is likely to change before release. My money is on it staying as "Etoile" - There are at least 4+ references to it, and only 1 to "Superstar".

This also likely why they asked people not to post datamines - This stuff is likely to change and doesn't represent what we'll actually see when it releases.

yeah, data mines are against the ToS and community guidelines firstly.

Secondly, it would not be the same kind if betrayal as SEA renaming conventions that were known from previous titles of Phantasy Star.

Monomates are known as such because players have experience in older games. Etoile is only known by Japanese players, so only JP vets would be aware of the difference, which is definitely not the same as bamboozling the real target demographic, new PSO2 players.

This forum has a serious problem of thinking the game was localized just for the couple thousand people that played the JP version.

alt text

I'd laugh if it was called Superstar, but I seriously can't see the reason for them changing it haha! Etoile definitely feels more fitting!

@John-Paul-RAGE said in Rumors that Etoile Class will be named to Superstar:

Etoile is only known by Japanese players, so only JP vets would be aware of the difference, which is definitely not the same as bamboozled the real target demographic, new PSO2 players.

This man knows what's going on. Which is also the reason why we shouldn't be posting data-mines. Because new players may get spoiled by data-mined information. We have specific reddit threads for when we get new major patches in Final Fantasy XIV and this includes data-mining/etc. The official forums wouldn't tolerate that though, which is why it's specific to reddit.

Screenshot_20200704-135010_Chrome.jpg

goaheadandsmashthatnotificationbell, likeandsubscribeformoresuperawesomeleaksimsogoodatthingsyay

Secondly, it would not be the same kind if betrayal as SEA renaming conventions that were known from previous titles of Phantasy Star. Monomates are known as such because players have experience in older games. Etoile is only known by Japanese players, so only JP vets would be aware of the difference, which is definitely not the same as bamboozling the real target demographic, new PSO2 players.

Yeah but I dont think people would have played the NA version if it was Wizard instead of Force.

@LapisWave yeah, because in PSO the convention of Force was already in place. Force isn't new in PSO2.

@LapisWave yeah, because in PSO the convention of Force was already in place. Force isn't new in PSO2.

The Talis weapon is "new" in the sense of a standard weapon. I know there were throwables in PSO. Not to mention its deploy function. I honestly wish FFXIV would get a deployment weapon.

Ghetto Superstar?

Edit don't leave me hanging bois