Random people unselectable between group of people

I've noticed something and started to get a few of my alliance members to check. There are people in the game that just aren't selectable. What I mean is that they have no name displayed, but when you go into nearby characters you can try to select the but you get 'you can't select this character'.

As much as I would like to think these characters have blocked me in some regard, I find it hard to believe they can block an Alliance from viewing them. And most of our players are newbies. Anyone else find that strange?

Fyi: I wanted to look at this character's breakdown of items cuz I thought they looked cool.

@Noctosis

It’s a glitch, the same thing happened to me within my own alliance. They couldn’t see my name or select me or anything. I had to restart the game to fix it.

This happens when the person is no longer in the block, area change, or the person is set to private.

How does a person change to something other than private?

@animeregion said in Random people unselectable between group of people:

This happens when the person is no longer in the block, area change, or the person is set to private.

How can a person become private? ea625943-9d0f-4ad3-994d-8e1ffde033da-image.png Here's an example of what they're talking about, this guy appears in nearby charas too but is unselectable there as well.

I was told that Xbox players have the ability to have privacy settings when it comes to cross playing with Steam users. So I'm guessing that Xbox players can't see what Steam users is typing in chat and vise versa?

@Yalyn said in Random people unselectable between group of people:

I was told that Xbox players have the ability to have privacy settings when it comes to cross playing with Steam users. So I'm guessing that Xbox players can't see what Steam users is typing in chat and vise versa?

That's incorrect, talk to plenty of Xbox users and you can see everything they chat as well.

It's a glitch that can happen if you load too fast or too slow between areas. For some reason it just tangles with your client. I've had it happen to me several times. In UQ, Challenge Mode, Random fields, so on. There's no way to fully give yourself privacy on PSO2 even with ARKS Card hidden because people can still see you through overhead display.

I thought it was a GM screwing around at first, but it's just some odd glitch. Restarting the game usually helps.

I’ve had this happen too, wasn’t sure what was happening. I wanted to give a Like but couldn’t select their character in any way and they had no name.