Search for friends

I been sort of hopping between here and JP, I haven't been on NA lately however. It broke for me and I haven't gotten around to fixing it. Mostly because during a sale on xbox I ended up finding a game I been eager to beat, like really eager. lol

But anyway when I played pso2 a long time ago I often had friends to play with and chat with. But times changed and well mostly all of them vanished or lost interest in the game/online world. I miss them but these things happen.

I've tried searching for other ones but I haven't found anything more than the current old friends I have left whose interest in pso2 is somewhat gone as is. I'll meet people, but it always seem to be types that just only focus on what you can do for them. Or a bit too judgmental/serious.

Excluding the judgmental and serious players that go away on their own, people I meet will talk at first but proceed to ignore me afterwards unless they need something or want to join a trigger I'm pulling. Or just trying to fill that 4th slot for triboost reasons.

:x I really would like to meet some new fun friends but I keep searching the wrong places. I play, chat (by keyboard) and rp.

Is there anyone that plays this or JP for more fun and actually seeking a friend to chat/hang with?

If anyone is willing I'll be happy to add you. ^^ I need friends, it's starting to become a while since I actually had people to sit and laugh with. If I don't respond here, you can also feel free to check my profile. My discord link is on there, just tell me you are from pso2NA. Sometimes I tend to post and forget about them.

@Raburesu What ship are you on?

that's the pso2 playerbase for you, 80% is trash whom always spam weebs chat on B1 B2 but completely ignore your chat / questions while the other 10% are AFKs and the last 10% are real nice people

@WillfulChart930 Don't know what ship your on, or where you are getting your figures from, but on Ship 3, players are good to eachother where it counts most, including revives. I also wouldn't call the "weebs" as you call them, trash, as they are more than lilely in a voice chat/live party, talking to fellow alliance members, as I see this frequently.

Ship 1 has also been pretty good so far.

You just need to find some friends, or an alliance to have fun with. Or Both.

@SuccubusAlice said in Search for friends:

Ship 1 has also been pretty good so far.

You just need to find some friends, or an alliance to have fun with. Or Both.

This is the best thing. Also I made a lot of new friends and so have many of my members because of the Alliance. Your more than welcome to join. We chat on Discord as well.

Ah sorry, I was too worried about how my post would look and forgot to say the ships. ;-; lol

I'm in ship 1 in NA. Ship 2 in JP.

I"m unable to play NA right at the moment so I been hanging around on JP. ^^ And yeah I've been looking but as I said, I keep ending up in the wrong places. I'm positive there are many good players around but I seem to be a magnet for the more bad ones.

Edit: Forgot my ign, it's same as forum name. Can be found under Raburesu, for xbox XJ Busdriver74

aww when I read your post, I honestly was hoping you would say you were on ship 2 on NA as well. 😞 I havent played JP ( plus I was on Ship 10) in years and solely playing NA since PC release. I've actually been looking for much of the same. I'd love to make some great friends who I can chat with and just generally hang out. And when we feel like doing something or working on some goal we can do it together and help eachother out. 🙂 I do hope you find some like minded people though in your servers. maybe we will see eachother in challenge mode whenever I get around to doing it. x3 once you fix your client that is. 😞

@Raburesu It happens with all games. The best thing is when you do find the right people, you will enjoy the game a lot more. I am also on Ship 1, if you ever want to play, ING/XBOX same as member name here.

Gets rougher and rarer to find such people the higher you go. But there are people out there. This will happen in every online game, so you cannot think its just a specific game. It's a human nature issue.

The good news is when you do find that person who reciprocates well socially, a great experience will make up for all the past flat lines. I'm the type of high level player who never forgets what its like to start new and to remember patience to reach mastery. Very rare however, for while I educate myself on min/max and JP PSO2 history, I still play my personal style and enjoy the journey of playing the game, not rushing to the end destination.

If you get a kudos/ saying "Nice character!" give a thanks in return. You can try doing that to start conversations but do not take it personal if no responses happen. People will have all kinds of reasons for being indifferent, and its best to just move on until you get a natural reciprocated interaction. For example, some people may not even speak English at all.

To those on Ship 3 who may be seeking a friend over chasing just digital goods or pride attention merits, I am more than happy to patiently welcome a new player friend who wants to go far in enjoying PSO2 in a variety of ways. I don't post much on forums, but when I see posts like this, I know there are others out there and so this is my effort to make a reach out attempt. When you put the ball in another's court, you simply wait if it gets passed back. Otherwise, just grab another ball and shoot somewhere else!

I mean really, think Dudu-like odds when it comes to this. You'd feel good getting that perfect augment after many failures right? Same goes for a quality social connection.

All games (but especially games like PSO2 and FFXIV) are much more fun with friends. While I was getting ready to type out a lengthy post, Zvenix6289 beat me to the punch and said pretty much what I was gonna say, so just read their post instead.

I'd offer friendship myself, but I hardly have time to play the game itself, lol. Sorry!

Thanks for the support all but I think some of my words may of been skipped over by some of you as some of the things you said I've said myself already in the original post so I'll repeat that in a much shorter form.

^^ Nothing against pso2 or any of it's player base. I end up searching and posting because my old ones left, and in my search for new ones, I just sucked at finding the right people. It's been a bit of a long time, so I made the post here in hopes of finding some.

@Aristeia

Hey you can add me ship 2 🙂

@Aida-Enna said in Search for friends:

All games (but especially games like PSO2 and FFXIV) are much more fun with friends. While I was getting ready to type out a lengthy post, Zvenix6289 beat me to the punch and said pretty much what I was gonna say, so just read their post instead.

I'd offer friendship myself, but I hardly have time to play the game itself, lol. Sorry!

You're quite welcome on saving the effort then, hah.

@Raburesu said in Search for friends:

Thanks for the support all but I think some of my words may of been skipped over by some of you as some of the things you said I've said myself already in the original post so I'll repeat that in a much shorter form.

^^ Nothing against pso2 or any of it's player base. I end up searching and posting because my old ones left, and in my search for new ones, I just sucked at finding the right people. It's been a bit of a long time, so I made the post here in hopes of finding some.

I wish you the best then, and keep making efforts be known you want some company. I reside on Ship 3 and wouldn't stop playing my main there since I'm happy there even if I mostly solo, otherwise I would meet up. I can only offer to link up with those on Ship 3 and dislike being alone and want someone to play with comfortably.

Good luck in your hunt Raburesu, I'm not over on Ship 1 myself, but I totally get it, often in MMO's there's this whole minimal discussion unless someone does wrong in content these days so it's often a lot harder to strike up conversation and actually make friends, alliances do circumvent that as long as you find the right ones. I've normally tried to make things interesting by interacting with my groups in ultimate's and so on, and sometimes people will interact back although rarely. I ended up building and continuing to work an alliance as well which has done me decent so far so and I hope so long term.

I'd of happy said hello if it wasn't for ships keeping us all apart. 😧