Censorship is NOT needed in this M rated game.

@TRAVISTYxxx The only thing I can think about is some of the rated M games I've played over the years that have much much more mature content then PSO2. Mass Effect had nudity and sex, Witcher had so many suggestive themes through out the entire series, and even games like dragons dogma which came west were left unchanged. I just hope we at least get a proper respone from the devs on if they ever heard our gripes about the games censorship or not. Even if they decide to keep the changes that they have made currently. I would like to know rather then finding out in game what has and hasn't been changed.

@sKRuBbyD3KbruSh said in Censorship is NOT needed in this M rated game.:

I honestly planned on getting premium day 1, but now I don't know any more. If the team is more worried about spending time censoring and patrolling, instead of bringing QoL updates and making NA it's own thing, then I can't support it.... I want this game to succeed on it's own merits, and not by focusing on the things that you think detract from it. It honestly shows, you have little faith in the player-base and the devs that loved their creation.

You hit on a lot of thoughts in your posts I didnt include in mine. I've very concerned with it being the tip of the iceberg as well. Was it done so all the outfits could be included? Will they butcher those as well? It's too early to tell but I'd rather voice why it doesnt need to be changed now, rather than fight even more of a losing battle later.

This was going to be my main game for the foreseeable future, and I'm all about that fashion endgame. I drop buckets of money in games I play for the long haul. (ie: I have like 500$ into warframe) I dont have a problem doing this because when the game is great, and the devs show they want to do right by the players time and time again, I want to support there efforts and do what I can to make sure they stick around. As it stands, if the game remains censored they will get absolutely zero dollars from me but since its F2P I might use it for the story and start back up on JP as my personal NA dream will be dead. As you said, it's real easy to do so.

Just for reference purposes, what has even been censored?

@Princesse-Jen said in Censorship is NOT needed in this M rated game.:

Breast physics (confirmed only on Xbox One / S, no one on Xbox One X has said anything about it.)

And The height sliders being more limited.

@coldreactive said in Censorship is NOT needed in this M rated game.:

Breast physics (confirmed only on Xbox One / S, no one on Xbox One X has said anything about it.)

And The height sliders being more limited.

I think the breast physics thing came about due to a glitch that has always been present in JP, and some users confirmed that, in fact, it was due to the glitch that happens in the dressing room on 2F. I wasn't necessarily paying attention to it, but I thought I saw some jiggle when I was in CC, and lobby with my Fem Numan. I can't really comment on this though because I was more occupied playing the game.

What most people are talking about, is the height sliders have been changed or that it's impossible to make characters <5'. Which, if I was <5' would probably make me feel a lot of different ways. lol, and I've heard from a couple <5'lets in the past couple of days that are pretty depressed if it ends up being the final case. I think there are better ways to handle the kinds of toxic players in-game (banning, suspending accts, written warnings with proof of lewding lolis..) that would get the message across, but at the end of the day I've heard a lot of contradictory statements on the whole thing, and Microsoft doesn't really have a track record for censorship, so I'm leaning on the side of we get the same experience the Japanese got.. but when a company censors materials without a statement or some kind of reason for why they want a product to appear that way, it means that future content, story plotlines, character interactions, AC costumes, and what you can do in-game will be subject to the same tampering with. Which makes it a different experience, and throws away the Japanese dev's integrity.

At the end of the day, magic numbers and censorship doesn't do anything to filter the kind of trash you don't want in your community.

I just hope I get to play the game when it fully releases in it's pure Glory

@The-Question same, i played all those games, the witcher has sex on a unicorn for crying out loud

I just want to point out this same thing happened when tera came west. there was complaining but nothing changed. american mmo companies have a definite history with this. I don't know if they are afraid of FBI-Chan or something but they always censor anything that could be seen as children half naked.

@Chal said in Censorship is NOT needed in this M rated game.:

I just want to point out this same thing happened when tera came west. there was complaining but nothing changed. american mmo companies have a definite history with this. I don't know if they are afraid of FBI-Chan or something but they always censor anything that could be seen as children half naked.

Yeah the devs for Tera were never known for listening to their communities very much. That is different with PSO2 Devs. Sega really looks into the communities for PSO2, constantly take polls for content people want added, and have implemented a lot of changes over the years based on community feedback. Here's hoping that it continues with PSO2 NA.

@Chal said in Censorship is NOT needed in this M rated game.:

Oh I'm well aware that the chances of change are not good to say the least. But it's the difference between me playing or skipping so I gotta put my few cents in. I will say though I believe the Elin got more revealing outfits as time went on but diff. game, diff. publisher. Who knows... I think they're afraid of having their name in a few articles for the 3 whole days people will see it and move on to the next thing.

The height slider could have been a glitch as well. Either a glitch that didn't let it go further down, or a glitch that incorrectly displayed the CM.

That aside, in my opinion there will almost certainly be fewer costumes available due to many of them being part of previous JP collaborations. Those items not being in the game would be licensing matters however, not censorship.

In my opinion, instead of censoring appearances and costumes, just have a good GM presence in game and take punitive measures against people intentionally sexualizing characters the user chose to portray as a minor, as it violates the ToS.

a lot of those licensing problems could be fixed by dealing with a company like Funimation which owns a good portion of the anime licenses in America. I also agree thaty censorship is stupid But the track record for MMOs isn't great I hope they don't go the same way other's have. I really do.

@John-Paul-RAGE said in Censorship is NOT needed in this M rated game.:

The height slider could have been a glitch as well. Either a glitch that didn't let it go further down, or a glitch that incorrectly displayed the CM.

That aside, in my opinion there will almost certainly be fewer costumes available due to many of them being part of previous JP collaborations. Those items not being in the game would be licensing matters however, not censorship.

In my opinion, instead of censoring appearances and costumes, just have a good GM presence in game and take punitive measures against people intentionally sexualizing characters the user chose to portray as a minor, as it violates the ToS.

I'm fine with not getting the collabs because that's as you said a licensing issue. Any altered outfits we do get however is a different story however. Also it's crazy to me how people can't seem to separate game from reality. I could care less how sexualized a character is, I dont have to interact with that person, I dont have to sit there and scan there character up and down if I dont want to, but most importantly, its. not. real. How much more anime does a game need to get before people realize, oh dang, this ain't real life!?

In the end, it comes down to the rating. Nothing the JP version of the game has would need to be cut to fit under an M rating.

This whole post is over a possible bug on the height slider??? Did they confirm anywhere it was intended? i mean the crazy boob jiggle is still there so i will wait for official release to see. For anyone saying they censored the chest area, i call BS i nothing it a lot and even called my wife to see and laugh about how crazy it was lol.

@coldreactive Ah i seen you mentioned the S did not have the physics, i played on the X and there was plenty of chest jiggle lol. maybe it was part of the lesser system cpu physics? I am curious i should of tried it on my Sons S and checked it out myself.