A word of warning about the sale items in the AC shop

The AC shop currently has 3 sets on sale.

• Beginner support set
  • Popular Item Pack
  • Boost Items pack

These packs are currently selling a rare drop rate +400% pso20200701_142440_000.jpg

Be warned that there is currently speculation that the 400% drop rate is currently bugged and does not work correctly.

More info on that in This Thread

Buy them at your own risk.

Would this mean anyone who had purchased it prior (even before the sale) could validly request a refund, and should SEGA refuse, wouldn't that be highly illegal, if at least false advertising??

This is a noob trap of a sale anwyays.

@Zipzo no, because they don't respond to any bugs related to AC purchases, so there is no claim that could be made. The drones will tell you that photon boosters disappearing is somehow RNG, anyways.

I can't say how well the 400% does now though, after I concluded my testing I haven't purchased it again. If anyone does get that pack, I would hold on to them until we have a CF you wanna complete rapidoy.

not worth it at all. My alliance friends used 400% and other boost, and still couldn't get his/her nemesis. While I manage to get 2 nemesis with only 50% triboost and 250% rdr.

@YoRHa-2B the 400% work as intended they increase rare drops alot not the quality of rare drops >_>

@YoRHa-2B said in A word of warning about the sale items in the AC shop:

My alliance friends used 400% and other boost, and still couldn't get his/her nemesis. While I manage to get 2 nemesis with only 50% triboost and 250% rdr.

It's worth mentioning how rare drops might be calculated.

As an example let's say 13* Nem or Slave has a 0.5% chance to drop (this number is surely inaccurate but just an example). If you were to use a 400% rare drop booster, you'd instead have a 2% drop chance. While this is obviously an increase, it's not much of one in the grand scheme of things. 2% is still very low and statistically speaking the odds are still very much against you. Also with how probability works universally...a boost is in no way a guarantee to get anything no matter how much your chances increase as long as that chance is lower than 100%.

In my opinion, you shouldn't use boosters for 13* drops because what you're gaining is negligible and your odds of obtaining a 13* is pretty close to someone who's not even using any boosts. Plus with the way probability and luck works, someone without boosts could simply just get more 13* drops compared to someone with heavy boosts. Just the way it works.

I personally believe rare boosts are best used for 10* to 12* farming where the odds are significantly more in your favor where the base drop chances actually see somewhat significant increases. But like before, probability won't guarantee anything. Always keep that in mind. Always.

As far as the 400% boost itself, I've heard very sketchy and conflicting reports. I don't think it's worth investing into simply because of probability and because of what I've heard about them simply not working or in some cases seemingly worsen one's drops.

@NeCrOmAnCiN true that, aslong as you are not aiming for just 13* rare drop, it's still worth the buy, but if you are going for just 13* then no.

@Saiyer said in A word of warning about the sale items in the AC shop:

@YoRHa-2B said in A word of warning about the sale items in the AC shop:

My alliance friends used 400% and other boost, and still couldn't get his/her nemesis. While I manage to get 2 nemesis with only 50% triboost and 250% rdr.

It's worth mentioning how rare drops might be calculated.

As an example let's say 13* Nem or Slave has a 0.5% chance to drop (this number is surely inaccurate but just an example). If you were to use a 400% rare drop booster, you'd instead have a 2% drop chance. While this is obviously an increase, it's not much of one in the grand scheme of things. 2% is still very low and statistically speaking the odds are still very much against you. Also with how probability works universally...a boost is in no way a guarantee to get anything no matter how much your chances increase as long as that chance is lower than 100%.

In my opinion, you shouldn't use boosters for 13* drops because what you're gaining is negligible and your odds of obtaining a 13* is pretty close to someone who's not even using any boosts. Plus with the way probability and luck works, someone without boosts could simply just get more 13* drops compared to someone with heavy boosts. Just the way it works.

I personally believe rare boosts are best used for 10* to 12* farming where the odds are significantly more in your favor where the base drop chances actually see somewhat significant increases. But like before, probability won't guarantee anything. Always keep that in mind. Always.

As far as the 400% boost itself, I've heard very sketchy and conflicting reports. I don't think it's worth investing into simply because of probability and because of what I've heard about them simply not working or in some cases seemingly worsen one's drops.

Agreed.

where's the proof of 400% booster not working or you just mad because you didn't get good drops with the boost being used ?

@WillfulChart930 said in A word of warning about the sale items in the AC shop:

where's the proof of 400% booster not working or you just mad because you didn't get good drops with the boost being used ?

There is no evidence, nor will there ever will be. Unless a GM states that there's an issue, its just players assuming it doesn't work. PSO2 drop rates will make old pso's rates blush, 400%, 800%, 1000%, its doesnt matter. The chances of getting that shiny item that players feel they deserve is still microscopic. It all comes down to luck, really.

big LOL to those salty people 😂

meanwhile this guy jelly because his friend got saiki and stuff with his 400%

https://forum.pso2.com/topic/2027/i-think-this-game-is-going-to-fail-by-the-end-of-the-year?page=1 🤓

I believe they have fixed this issue. I believe it wasn’t working before but sense this last update they ninja patched it.

right, birds are the government's drones

Its not a bug. 400% x 0% is still 0%. Its a noob trap. Its was never glitched, its just you don't know how rdr drop work.