Removing Height Restrictions

@SleeprunnerInc said in Removing Height Restrictions:

@plamplight Cause their logic makes sense?

I mean they are a sensible person to the point where they had to explicitly explain that what they do online or in a videogame does not reflect on their actual person IRL.

We have all played games where you do things you would not do IRL.

Games like GTA where you love to shoot people, games where you deal drugs, games where you mow down thousands of people and it has made you feel good.

But doing that IRL? I doubt even a single one of us here presently would feel good about that.

Some games like The hunter: call of the wild can even help people learn about what it takes to be a hunter and promote the good side of it.

There are no good side to killing animals nor any good sids of theft, being a pimp or stealing cars...

@EternalChronicles said in Removing Height Restrictions:

@SleeprunnerInc said in Removing Height Restrictions:

@plamplight Cause their logic makes sense?

I mean they are a sensible person to the point where they had to explicitly explain that what they do online or in a videogame does not reflect on their actual person IRL.

We have all played games where you do things you would not do IRL.

Games like GTA where you love to shoot people, games where you deal drugs, games where you mow down thousands of people and it has made you feel good.

But doing that IRL? I doubt even a single one of us here presently would feel good about that.

Some games like The hunter: call of the wild can even help people learn about what it takes to be a hunter and promote the good side of it.

There are no good side to killing animals nor any good sids of theft, being a pimp or stealing cars...

False.

We kill animals to get food, animal pelts, bones etc to survive.

You cannot compare hunting an animal which is a 100% legal thing with Grand theft auto or pimping.

I think the point is that people are petitioning to restore this content solely for the sake of fighting censorship, but then it always turns out that they're sexually aroused by content of that nature and then get upset when they're accused of it. Of course there's fantasy and reality, but what these arguments always translate to is: "I think this violent scene should be restored. I love violence, just not any liveleak stuff, so don't accuse me of liking violence."

Let's not forget either that this is all info people willingly have offered up. You don't build a stronger argument by saying you care about one thing and aren't biased in favor of your own interests, and then admit that your own interests would create that bias.

@ApollosAmour That's a fair enough argument for the most part.

Just don't assume EVERYONE is in to that.

We have no numbers to say if its a minority, majority etc and of course people rightfully will get upset when you accuse them blatantly.

Heck you would get upset too if you were claimed to do X things constantly just because someone who lives next door to you might have done.

Double standards and assumptions are dangerous.

@ApollosAmour Well, I've said multiple times I just want a playable mini gundam and a short humanoid character like the BnS one I mentioned earlier. None of those have anything to do with sexualizing minors. Yet guess which group I get lumped on...

If you guys don't want to be accused of these things, don't side or sympathize with the people that do. It's really as simple as that. The more that you defend people that openly want these things because they're into shota and loli, the more people will assume you want it for the same reasons.

@ApollosAmour So we cannot have our own opinions without you lumping us with people who want X thing?

And then you don't want us to lump you in to people like Nazi's from Germany who wanted to censor everything?

@SleeprunnerInc Go ahead, be my guest. I don't think anyone's going to take it seriously.

Now if I were defending the nazi party, then maybe. But clearly that's not happening.

@ApollosAmour I mean long as you are defending censorship you are defending them cause they are apparently doing the right thing.

That's how you guys are lumping us.

So if you dont want us to do that, don't do it to us.

Fair enough?

@ApollosAmour said in Removing Height Restrictions:

@SleeprunnerInc Go ahead, be my guest. I don't think anyone's going to take it seriously.

Now if I were defending the nazi party, then maybe. But clearly that's not happening.

and clearly nobody is defending child predators unless you assume it and make things up in your own mind...but clearly that is not happening

@JuggernautGTX A screenshot of someone admitting they're aroused by that kind of content, which the people posting here say they don't support, gets posted and 3 posts defending the statement pop up immediately. If you guys are going to do that, people are going to box you in the same category. It's a no-brainer.

You can want shorter characters for your own reasons, but don't get offended if people make assumptions based on the way you choose to go about it.

Either way, I'm tapping out again. I came to the subforum to post my own topic on an unrelated issue and allowed myself to get roped in to this stupidity again. My fault.

@ApollosAmour You can have your own assumptions, however it's not good to post them or say them out loud because well, most of the time assumptions lead you down a bad road.

If you really want to accuse someone, accuse those who you know are bad.

IF you don't know they are bad, don't accuse them.

That's why alot of us are very angry at people like you atm.

There's tons of trolls and heck, there was that Oppression person who I had to block cause honestly, I am pretty sure it's a troll account.

@ApollosAmour said in Removing Height Restrictions:

Either way, I'm tapping out again. I came to the subforum to post my own topic on an unrelated issue and allowed myself to get roped in my own stupidity again. My fault.

fixed this for you...dont just join a conversation to troll

"If you guys don't want to be accused of these things, don't side or sympathize with the people that do. It's really as simple as that. The more that you defend people that openly want these things because they're into shota and loli, the more people will assume you want it for the same reasons."

if this isn trolling then idk...i could say "hey you defend torturing animals" just because you said "i love döner"...but do you automatically support torturing animals? (cause thats whats happening most of the time with your food) well i hope not - but does somebody accuse you of it just because you said that? i guess not xD making wild assumptions just because 4-5 different parties want the same goal (as in getting rid of censorship) doesn mean all of the parties agree to all of the reasons the different parties have....if somebody tells me "hey i want to have giga short character so i can rebuild my neighbours 12 years old daughter" id say "fuk you bro" and report him just for saying that - doesn mean i am automatically pro censorship - cause you cant judge everyone because of a tiny group of people....even more when this group of people can already do what they wanna do even with height restrictions

Guys, are you totally sure that SEGA has altered the height slider to prevent us only from creating little kids? Where are the announcements about this? Please link here.

And again, even if you create a 130cm character (JP version minimum height), he is still 16yo (not kid, but at least adolescent), according to the lore of the game (Afin, Io, Klarysklais are 16yo, the minimum age requirement to be enrolled in the ARKS), what's the problem? This is not an adult game with erotic scenes. The reality is that "children" is absolutely not an inherent theme in this game, censorship is there for other reasons, like EP4 with the bath scenes removed, the same has happened in other localized games for westerners.

The limited height slider looks like a bug to me. In any case SEGA has to write something about it, inform those who are investing time and money on this game.

Personalization is one of the main reasons why one chooses to play PSO2 instead of another online game.

What do you think of my opinion? Please don't be rude, because on the Steam forum they've already accused me of pedophilia and moderators ignore my reports.

Its time to end this subject once and for all.. Censorship will stay... No matter how hard you fight you will never win.. Glory to mother liberty and the American way