Removing Height Restrictions

@Praxithea-Von we can only hope which sadly that change is gonna have to go through Microsoft(i think) which means they are least likely to change it.

I just wanna note too that we can't even replicate certain NPCs at the moment due to this. Many use shorter heights than we are allowed. Honestly, JP doesn't go that much shorter either so it feels weird to not just have the full scale range.

@Novaline said in Removing Height Restrictions:

Previous thread gets locked and then this gets bumped 2 weeks later.... with the same remarks, not knowing nothing is going to change.

🤦♀

And I wonder who keeps getting these sorts of threads closed? Definitely not people who make comments like that("it's not gonna change, just shut up"), or accuse people of being pedophiles etc... Aka making the thread uncivil.

Though may want to read the stickied thread in this section, unless you don't care about any sort of forum rules(some bits of it):

"This is for Suggestions by players of what they would like to see in the game, and these are opinions that they are entitled to. They are not debate points, and the purpose of this section is not to debate someone's opinion. Please do not put down the suggestions of others, even if you don't think it can be done for this game, as Sega does make other games where they could be implemented."

"Those who disagree can respond, however only by sharing why they disagree. Please do not tell others things are "not possible," or that they are "wasting Sega's time." Generally, "I think" or "I feel" comments are valid. Judgement of others and their opinions is not."

@RocKiee-Kyrosu Most likely because the current generation can't handle having others disagree with them, logical arguments are a thing of the past.

Both those for and against are just as guilty when it comes to not being mature in approaching this subject for debate.

Might be worth putting it on hold until after we see the PC version as well.

@RocKiee-Kyrosu

Hey bud, I wasn't accusing anyone of being a pedophile in the last thread this was up on. I'm saying that this thread is just going to end up being locked again, just wait for the right people.

I've already stated my opinion on this before. You can't make a character shorter than 5' now, oh well. Sucks to suck, if it really prevents you from playing the game, play on JP or some other game. Was it a weird choice of censoring over just preventing certain costumes from coming over? Sure, but those costumes make $$ so I doubt they'd not bring them over.

Asking and degrading them for this choice isn't constructive either. ;*

@Novaline said in Removing Height Restrictions:

@RocKiee-Kyrosu

Asking and degrading them for this choice isn't constructive either. ;*

I think it's perfectly fine to at least ask for this. They've made a lot of changes already based on player feedback so we should at least try if we want something here that's not on JP. We definitely shouldn't be bashing anyone over it not being here regardless.

@Shadowth117

Not everything needs to be changed.

Out of all of the communities, the forums is the only place that is still on edge that they can't make short characters anymore. Not on Reddit, Twitter, Discords, etc.

I know some people here have innocent interests when it comes to re-allowing characters being short again, but as someone mentioned before, the West is really aggressive and against anything that looks like a child being sexualized. Considering how this is SJW culture now, this game would be shit and degraded by video game "journalists".

I get that some creativity liberty was taken away by restricting the height limit, especially if you want to cosplay a character, but it just really isn't that big of a deal. Most people have moved on from this, or made workarounds. inb4 someone says "it's not a big deal to you so shut up about it" or whatever dumb comments

personally I don't see how a change in the height slider makes a difference. if I was making this decision I would have been looking at the outfits available. as for making a character look Loli people will find a way somehow and if you remove that somehow they will find another way. a height slider won't do much my Caseal human like form in PSO2 is 147 in an outfit with heals and 137 in an outfit without shoes I fail to see how thiese heights make her anything close to a Loli. I believe it is the outfits that should be looked at before height sliders.

@WildJenna said in Removing Height Restrictions:

personally I don't see how a change in the height slider makes a difference. if I was making this decision I would have been looking at the outfits available. as for making a character look Loli people will find a way somehow and if you remove that somehow they will find another way. a height slider won't do much my Caseal human like form in PSO2 is 147 in an outfit with heals and 137 in an outfit without shoes I fail to see how thiese heights make her anything close to a Loli. I believe it is the outfits that should be looked at before height sliders.

The height slider doesn't make any difference, but I assume they'd rather cut that than remove the "problematic" clothing, since that would upset a lot more people than this current height slider nonsense. Look at the reaction when the Smart Inner wasn't in the game, that made a lot more people upset, since it's actually used for a lot of outfits that may slightly reveal the character's breasts.

@Novaline I thought they added the smart inner sometime around Episode 4 in the JP version, am I wrong?

@Novaline I thought they added the smart inner sometime around Episode 4 in the JP version, am I wrong?

To be honest, no idea, but NA has content already out of order here. Summoner wasn't around until Episode 4, but we have it currently.

@WildJenna The Layered Wear system itself wasn't added until Ep.4 in January 2016 and Smart Inner was added April 2016, but they have released several sets of Layered Wear that came long after the addition of the Smart Inner; in fact, some of the Layer Wear that was part of the scratch that went along with the addition of Smart Inner was included in the very first NA Scratch.

did they say for sure we won't be getting the smart inner wear?

No they did not. They made no comment on it at all. But who knows. It could come with ep4 content perhaps.

The thing is, the state of the game right now has content up to ep6 in places. The ep6 balancing is why some classes aren't working as well as they potentially could given lack of crafting.

But I digress; I would argue at the end of the day that the height thing should be as it is in JP. They provide outfits and the like for NPCs and it's silly that we can't actually make them look entirely accurate as is at the moment. And if any argument against is "Why get so upset over such a small thing?", indeed, why go out of their way to do this differently?

The height allowances were different in JP at launch though than they are now. Perhaps there was even a mishap there, frankly. If so, this restriction might even be a bug.

@Shadowth117 said in Removing Height Restrictions:

No they did not. They made no comment on it at all. But who knows. It could come with ep4 content perhaps.

The thing is, the state of the game right now has content up to ep6 in places. The ep6 balancing is why some classes aren't working as well as they potentially could given lack of crafting.

But I digress; I would argue at the end of the day that the height thing should be as it is in JP. They provide outfits and the like for NPCs and it's silly that we can't actually make them look entirely accurate as is at the moment. And if any argument against is "Why get so upset over such a small thing?", indeed, why go out of their way to do this differently?

The height allowances were different in JP at launch though than they are now. Perhaps there was even a mishap there, frankly. If so, this restriction might even be a bug.

It's not a bug, it's intentional. You try to make a character shorter than 150cm and try to leave the Salon, you get a popup message preventing you from doing so.