Removing Height Restrictions

@ZorokiHanuke It is possible that some of the communication differences stems from how far behind we are in terms of content and that they may be looking to set up something when we reach parity. So a sub team may simply be running things until we reach parity or NGS. I do still hold some hope in the communication department, especially with NGS's simultaneous global release.

If by some chance a unified service happens, we may even see some censorship being removed to have the versions match each other.

@XenoBladeX37645 said in Removing Height Restrictions:

@PhantasyStar719 said in Removing Height Restrictions:

@Archetype-Luna said in Removing Height Restrictions:

@Loona said in Removing Height Restrictions:

@Loona Like I said before, defeatism never accomplished anything. I choose to believe that there is a chance so I will keep on trying.

It isn't defeatism when you can join discords that have posted datamines storywise for Global. They pretty much have everything done already.

The censorship doesn't only affect the story though. It is far more reaching than that. It is also a potential obstacle towards something more akin to a unified service. Furthermore, not everyone goes on said discord servers and so on.

Not wanting to try to get changes happened because you don't believe it is possible is defeatism.

And there you go again...

Shoving your views down our throats until we submit.. I retract my statements.. Your worse than any pedophile

Arent you doing the very thing youre acussing others of? Stating your opinion makes you worse than a pedo in your eyes? Log off of the internet and step outside please. Because you grasp on reality is beyond messed up

Glad to see we're still at this point. Xeno just report these types. 😔 The less toxic people we have on the forums, the better.

@Lintaur said in Removing Height Restrictions:

@XenoBladeX37645 said in Removing Height Restrictions:

@PhantasyStar719 said in Removing Height Restrictions:

@Loona said in Removing Height Restrictions:

@Loona Like I said before, defeatism never accomplished anything. I choose to believe that there is a chance so I will keep on trying.

It isn't defeatism when you can join discords that have posted datamines storywise for Global. They pretty much have everything done already.

The censorship doesn't only affect the story though. It is far more reaching than that. It is also a potential obstacle towards something more akin to a unified service. Furthermore, not everyone goes on said discord servers and so on.

Not wanting to try to get changes happened because you don't believe it is possible is defeatism.

And there you go again...

Shoving your views down our throats until we submit.. I retract my statements.. Your worse than any pedophile

Arent you doing the very thing youre acussing others of? Stating your opinion makes you worse than a pedo in your eyes? Log off of the internet and step outside please. Because you grasp on reality is beyond messed up

Glad to see we're still at this point. Xeno just report these types. 😔 The less toxic people we have on the forums, the better.

Last i checked your not exempted from the reports my dear... so nice try 🙂

I see some steam discussion types have joined this thread. I feared this.

It used to be nice but steamtypes seem much more angry and lacking in sense. We should ignore them so the thread can stay open.

@PhantasyStar719 Man, how many threads you gonna post that dumb Gif in? I guess it speaks for itself now huh? 😬

@Praxithea-Von said in Removing Height Restrictions:

@PhantasyStar719 Man, how many threads you gonna post that dumb Gif in? I guess it speaks for itself now huh? 😬

006d09e52512f9bc6706b32c2f295b32.gif

I would like to take this time to remind people that if you see someone who is likely trying to incite heated responses that it may be better to just report them and ignore them. Their goal is likely to get the thread closed down due to uncivil discussion. So it is better to keep a cool head and focus on civil discussion that remains on topic.

I would like to take this time to remind people that if you see someone who is likely trying to incite heated responses that it may be better to just report them and ignore them. Their goal is likely to get the thread closed down due to uncivil discussion. So it is better to keep a cool head and focus on civil discussion that remains on topic.

tumblr_nbsza8Gu9W1ri5qp0o5_250.gif

I hope whoever posted this on the Steam forums doesn't mind but they do raise a good point:

Children existing isn't illegal, nor are children being skimpy. The issue is that PSO2 allows you to do things that other games don't that directly violate US law. For example, the laws related to CP include masochism. That means that emotes like the recent KonoSuba one in which your character takes sexual pleasure from being physically beaten by sentient cabbages would violate this law if done on a child character. The laws also include general obscenity.

The most important thing about the law is that it states that these acts merely need to be simulated. Which means that anything sexual or obscene doesn't actually need to happen to the character is question. It would just have to appear that such acts are being done against them. So in other words, these loli characters existing aren't illegal. It's what you can do with them specifically in PSO2 that could violate US law.

Keep in mind that a US court has already charged a person for possessing drawn loli hentai in the US. A legal precedent has been set and the courts ruling has never been undone or challenged. Even Japan is starting to crack down on loli/shota within recent years.

@Leonkh99 I assume most countries wanting to open themselves to business on the world will eventually all get to some sort of an international unwritten rules set just to appease each others' cultures, values and morals when treating things such as fictional CP and other things considered obscene. All in the name of selling some product and open the country for international business. The biggest "grey area" in PSO2 would be about the actual character's age. Is it the same age for every character created despite the creator being capable of making old-looking characters? Are they all adults? Thing is, I see so many claiming that player characters are as young as 16 years old, yet I haven't seen concrete proof that this is the set-in-stone canon age, or even part of the average player Arks characters. Everything seems implied and assumed based on the ages of other characters without taking into consideration that Arks combat school does not run in the same way as grade school. It feels at most like a post grad college that can appecpt applicants of many different ages.

But if we go by the 16 year age, other than the sexual stuff, there's also the implied abuse of children through sending them to combat with the risk of harm and death. People don't talk too much about that, yet MANY games are happy to send kids into wars and nobody bats an eye at it, even though history shows us in crude reality the consequences of sending 18 year olds, still literal children in such a setting, to WW1 and WW2.

On the other hand and back to this specific game, it would and SHOULD have been so easy for the global translation to put all characters at least over the adult age. In this case everyone would have accepted a simple change of number from 16 to 18, and almost all the arguments about lolis would have been swiftly defeated, more now in this age where the concept of "legal loli", or child looking adult, is gaining some traction.

@Leonkh99 said in Removing Height Restrictions:

I hope whoever posted this on the Steam forums doesn't mind but they do raise a good point:

Children existing isn't illegal, nor are children being skimpy. The issue is that PSO2 allows you to do things that other games don't that directly violate US law. For example, the laws related to CP include masochism. That means that emotes like the recent KonoSuba one in which your character takes sexual pleasure from being physically beaten by sentient cabbages would violate this law if done on a child character. The laws also include general obscenity.

The most important thing about the law is that it states that these acts merely need to be simulated. Which means that anything sexual or obscene doesn't actually need to happen to the character is question. It would just have to appear that such acts are being done against them. So in other words, these loli characters existing aren't illegal. It's what you can do with them specifically in PSO2 that could violate US law.

Keep in mind that a US court has already charged a person for possessing drawn loli hentai in the US. A legal precedent has been set and the courts ruling has never been undone or challenged. Even Japan is starting to crack down on loli/shota within recent years.

I don't know Zoro, there are people on twitter that think being 18 years old is underage...🤡 😆 🤣

@Archetype-Luna Honestly I think that the current NA/Global PSO2 is a fuster cluck just because they are developing NGS at the same time.

I recently completed the current episode 6 story and to my belief and knowledge that is the finale of it but substories might get continuations.

However if I may dwell a bit in to spoiler territory, it ends a bit abruptly and seemed rushed.

So I think the development on Japan side Episode 6 is also being hastily done which affects the quality, not only because the vita support is dropping and they need to do something to keep the development times in shape during this climate.

So we are in a bit of a pickle.

@Leonkh99 Do not quote SNOW for the love of god.

Also those claims are ridiculous and do not hold up in the court of law at all.

The konosuba emote is nowhere near masochism levels considering how slowly the cabbage fly, how deadpan your face is and how your character shows no emotion to it.

There's seriously no precedent for it.

@SleeprunnerInc said in Removing Height Restrictions:

@Archetype-Luna Honestly I think that the current NA/Global PSO2 is a fuster cluck just because they are developing NGS at the same time.

I recently completed the current episode 6 story and to my belief and knowledge that is the finale of it but substories might get continuations.

However if I may dwell a bit in to spoiler territory, it ends a bit abruptly and seemed rushed.

So I think the development on Japan side Episode 6 is also being hastily done which affects the quality, not only because the vita support is dropping and they need to do something to keep the development times in shape during this climate.

So we are in a bit of a pickle.

I second this in regards to the Localization side of things as well. The trailer did show signs that NGS was being localized at the same time as it was being developed. Its very possible the Localization Team is being spread thin or the developers are prioritizing localization budgeting to NGS.

@SleeprunnerInc said in Removing Height Restrictions:

@Leonkh99 Do not quote SNOW for the love of god.

Also those claims are ridiculous and do not hold up in the court of law at all.

The konosuba emote is nowhere near masochism levels considering how slowly the cabbage fly, how deadpan your face is and how your character shows no emotion to it.

There's seriously no precedent for it.

Fair enough, overall im indifferent to the game's censorship overall other than exploring potential reasons (as you can see with my other topic on the forums). Reading it, it kinda made sense a bit to me, but if you say so... i'll keep it in mind, apologies for that.

@Leonkh99 It's allright.

I just have a very huge hatred towards Snow since if you go reading in to their comment history, you will notice how they blatantly misread the laws and try and frankly lie about it.

There's multiple posts debunking their statements and there's also a singular clause which is the Ashcroft VS Free speech coalition or whatever which states that since it's not explicit sexual activity and has artistic merit in the form of humor and commentary, the emotes and character creation are completely legal.