Removing Height Restrictions

@Z0DIAK-BRAVE

I do think though that it probably won't be an issue with NG because they're going into it with the intent that it'll be "global" from the start so they will probably do away with "controversal" stuff from the beginning to have smoother releases of content by not having to alter stuff for different regions. The only thing that has a good chance at being different again would be the height values.

I sure hope thats the case if not jp might be the best place to stay if u dont want censorship shoved down your throat hole. the Tweaker does a hell of a better job with translation than NA's translation team anyway but i digress im gonna go back to sulking i have to get my pc repaired.

Oh, btw to make things worse inside the story they kept a picture on one of the cut scenes of where Khori shows pso2 on her "phone" with Aru customizing cloths. Guess what on the top right of that picture is his height value being 140-141 in the story. If they're gonna censor something at least be consistent. If not then take the height restriction out, I don't know why they kept something like this in the story but doesn't give us full reign on customizing our own height to that of what japan has, it doesn't make sense. I'm glad I switched to JP to play the better story because playing a half baked game in NA that's heavily censored, just doesn't feel right for me at all. Not as enjoyable, like I'll get on pso2NA for some UQs here and there but I'll just be on JP from now on =/. Untitled.png

Well now that we know it won't be getting changed. Just for an experiment- someone should make a strawpoll with

What do you think of the censorship, IE- Height, cosmetics)

A. It doesn't bother me B. I would rather have more freedom than less. C. I want the censorship to remain D. I want more censorship.

And just spread it everywhere they can- including steam forums and PSO2 twitter. Just for science.

I really hate that it had to come to this but here you go guys: https://www.strawpoll.me/20725682 Been watching this thread every other week but it seems like we're just going around in circles here. Simply put, it's not fair to any of us to get a watered down game after all these years, and I'm not just talking about the censorship. Please be civil of course, I made sure to add captcha and stuff so hopefully it stops people from cheating but you never know. I hope this gains enough traction so that we get SOME word from SEGA.

Wow those current results. Like I knew it'd go that way. But not to that extent. Probably get some different choices in when it spreads to other websites.

Edit: Ok there goes the differing opinions- (was 28-0-0 in favor of it being removed before a single different vote. Then 10 votes in a row for it being removed. Suspicious but that's fine. Just an experiment.)

Shame we can't get a secure ingame poll- that'd really show everyone was in support of it. Censorship gives it controversy even to those who don't play the game- mainly the ones calling all groups against it a horrific insult just because they themselves are incapable of any logical thought. But I haven't found a single player who wants the restriction to stay on my ship and i've asked full blocks what they thought. There's really no opposing voice from the tightly knit community that has actually been playing the game.

Maybe when steam influx fully hits as its happening now- there will be some.

Lol you people.

Oh no you don't see Al's 10-year-old ass anymore and the scene that adds literally nothing to the story and is just a boob-grab joke is gone! Revolt!

Have some dignity.

Also talk about heavily selecting your poll demographic by posting it in a thread already painted a certain stance on the subject.

@MisterJaySnek said in Removing Height Restrictions:

Lol you people.

Oh no you don't see Al's 10-year-old ass anymore and the scene that adds literally nothing to the story and is just a boob-grab joke is gone! Revolt!

Have some dignity.

Also talk about heavily selecting your poll demographic by posting it in a thread already painted a certain stance on the subject.

I totally agree everything that needed to be said here from both sides has been already done. It's clear how each side of this "argu-discussion" sees the other side, and how no side will make the other "see the light". But I can't blame people for trying to keep discussing it. I mean, let's be glad this issue is not spread all over general and it's pretty much limited to this one thread that we can just unsub from and forget it exists.

I remember when the same people tried to smear this all over the Steam discussion forum a week before the release, too. Thankfully that got buried.

Eventually all things will get left behind as new issues arise. And this game in particular, with the faster than usual updates, I'm sure will bring plenty of new issues before long.

@MisterJaySnek said in Removing Height Restrictions:

I remember when the same people tried to smear this all over the Steam discussion forum a week before the release, too. Thankfully that got buried.

Still happening- also posted that strawpoll everywhere. even responding to people who absolutely want the censorship. That's the whole point.

And it's not about ep4 censorship. It's about the 30+ minisuits that won't come to NA and the restricted freedom of the creator- making you unable to set some cool combination of accessories and make things look right- especially if you're a CAST trying to make spaceship/racecar builds.

I could care less about the ep4 censorship. Saw that in JP and that's what youtube is for. But the restriction of freedom in how you look bothers me in a game that markets itself around fashion. And makes it's money from fashion.

@MisterJaySnek I mean I have dignity, I just don't like having half-assed content cut from a game that shouldn't be cut at all especially when not giving a reason behind it, that just doesn't fulfill my game experience to me. But sure censor the story I guess still half-assed but censor my creative freedom is where I cross the line of the height restrictions, I could careless about other censors but please just get rid of the height restrictions.

I just want my small character, idgaf about your moral high ground. Keep this on track, if you want it removed then state it, if you want it to stay then again state it, as requested by the GM's in an earlier post here. Absolutely no need to go into the Social Justice side, you have Twitter for that.

This isnt the place to say it here but im going to anyway. For those who dont want to deal with this and have a pc, swap to jp.

@MoldyAsp33874 Outfits have been censored/removed? I didn't know that, why even do that if there is a height restriction?

EDIT: I just realized I'm the smallest you can be in game lol, and it's as short as I am irl 😞 I swore there was people shorter in game though.

@Clain there are some outfits that make you chibi and might not make it in NA version.

As far as people shorter than you even being the smallest you can be, you might have big shoes on as fashion will alter height. IE: barefoot vs huge heels etc.