Removing Height Restrictions

@XenoBladeX37645 I'd say that would prove things will get better. None of the short character like Sara, Klariskrays, Xiao, or anyone else are in the same situation as the characters in the gratuitous scenes of episode 4.

If they're present and unaltered, they're showcasing situations they presumably would be trying to avoid to have players perform. That would be a glaring inconsistency, and because of that I'm almost positive that if the scenes are present, the height changes will be adressed, if not on release then soon after.

@TheMerfox the game already has inconsistencies, so thinking this will change it because itll add another one doesnt hold weight to me tbh. End of the day believe what you want man.

@TheMerfox said in Removing Height Restrictions:

glaring inconsistency

Where have you been lol. The inconsistency is everywhereeee. Nothing means anything unless they want it to mean something but there is no developer words whatsoever for the game.

@TheMerfox I will be optimistic once the developers start to communicate changes between NA and Japan more.

If the devs had communicated the height change and a proper reasoning for it, we would not have problems.

@SleeprunnerInc I also thought about that whole "all of the content" tag, and I actually had a mental face palm the first time I saw it because we all know about outside contracts for content and their limitations. Plus "all of the content" should have also included the mobile client as well, since it's not a separate thing but something directly tied and influential to the main game. So If believe, "all of the content" was already false even if we didn't get the height limits.

It's crazy to me that a game like Aion with a T rating can get away with allowing tiny characters to be made that can also be close to completely naked. Far smaller than anything in this game in NA or JP, yet in this game which has a M rating it's not ok. Seems very inconsistent and weird to me. If 140cm is what it is on JP then just allow it here.

@ZorokiHanuke said in Removing Height Restrictions:

@SleeprunnerInc I also thought about that whole "all of the content" tag, and I actually had a mental face palm the first time I saw it because we all know about outside contracts for content and their limitations. Plus "all of the content" should have also included the mobile client as well, since it's not a separate thing but something directly tied and influential to the main game. So If believe, "all of the content" was already false even if we didn't get the height limits.

And that is why there are advertisement laws.

Also why I am looking forward to finding people who want to bring this to the attention of court.

@Zenny said in Removing Height Restrictions:

It's crazy to me that a game like Aion with a T rating can get away with allowing tiny characters to be made that can also be close to completely naked. Far smaller than anything in this game in NA or JP, yet in this game which has a M rating it's not ok. Seems very inconsistent and weird to me. If 140cm is what it is on JP then just allow it here.

Aion is simply just from another time. MMOs localized in that era did not have that many virtue signalers or moral pushers compared to MMO localisations today.

@SleeprunnerInc i believe in protecting consumer rights, but my current stance is to give Sega/Microsoft some time to explain themselves or correct the error.

I have made many complaints regarding whoever has poorly handled the NA PSO2 client's marketing campaign & wish that Sega themselves would take action, beit legal or otherwise. Mostly in regards to how sparse information actually is in "North America" for PSO2. It barely shows up in Google Search or YouTube, just for starters. Mostly seems like another "Facebook/Twitter Campaign" which is honestly pretty sad for such a major title.

I wish someone would just make a statement, explain it'll be returned at a later episode update, that's on the way soon. something.

But misrepresentation of good's and services is a very poor business practice, so i understand & feel similar.

@KYBELA theyve had since the launch of the game to make a statement or correct it though

@KYBELA said in Removing Height Restrictions:

@SleeprunnerInc i believe in protecting consumer rights, but my current stance is to give Sega/Microsoft some time to explain themselves or correct the error.

I have made many complaints regarding whoever has poorly handled the NA PSO2 client's marketing campaign & wish that Sega themselves would take action, beit legal or otherwise. Mostly in regards to how sparse information actually is in "North America" for PSO2. It barely shows up in Google Search or YouTube, just for starters. Mostly seems like another "Facebook/Twitter Campaign" which is honestly pretty sad for such a major title.

I wish someone would just make a statement, explain it'll be returned at a later episode update, that's on the way soon. something.

But misrepresentation of good's and services is a very poor business practice, so i understand & feel similar.

MS and Sega have had literally months to bring up any statement and they have not. Instead they have been pushing more monetization and haven't even fixed their ORIGINAL ISSUE WITH THE MS STORE.

@Viurna said in Removing Height Restrictions:

@Zenny said in Removing Height Restrictions:

Aion is simply just from another time. MMOs localized in that era did not have that many virtue signalers or moral pushers compared to MMO localisations today.

Hmm. Interesting take on it. I remember with Lineage II (2003) there was a plenty of "Moral" outrage over the Female Dwarf models, being, how was it put in this thread? Ah, yes... "Loli," and the overtly over sexualization of the Dark Elf Females, Long before Aion (2008) was released. Virtue Signalers were around way back in 2003 - just under some other long forgotten pop culture label. As well as, Moral Pushers... Just google Night Trap Controversy.

Dwarf

alt text

Dark Elf

alt text

Yeah you had people crying about how small characters where back when Aion came out also calling people who created these characters "pedophiles". Makes me wonder when these people will actually learn the definition of this word.

Not a lot has really changed. You still have the same morons saying that now.

If it was a huge problem NCsoft would have changed it but they still haven't to this day. So really it shouldn't be that big of a deal for this game either.

It's funny how it's people only complaining they can't make 'small' characters.

Also I've seen and heard enough about JP servers to know it's almost solely for loli characters with a few odd ones out that use it for goofy/creative character designs.

It isn't about virtue signalling, it's about people not wanting to see literal children fucking sexualized.

edit: Actually how about a compromise? They remove the min. height restriction but characters below a certain height can't wear revealing clothes and any mention of loli's is an autoban? If your arguments are in good faith, this should be zero issue.

@IAMCRAIG Yeah, I want a childlike character. Because it's cute, and because the original version of the game allowed it. Also these aren't literal children, because not only are they not children lore-wise, they also don't exist and never will.

Let me know if you find any real, physical, literal child with the exaggerated proportions of this game because they'd need serious medical help.