Removing Height Restrictions

@MoldyAsp33874 What was the name of the scratch?

still tho none of the NA scratches have been exactly the same as the JP ones, that doesn’t mean we won’t get them, of course it doesn’t say we will, look we all agree the hight restrictions are dumb and let’s face it the Devs put it in there mostly cuz of the USs over all out look, our cultures are different and sadly there is just to many people that can’t deal with differences, I for one Will keep being hopeful that they fix it and we get the game in all of its wacky glory, let try and be more positive

@XenoBladeX37645 said in Removing Height Restrictions:

@MoldyAsp33874 What was the name of the scratch?

https://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?スライトリトルF

They released together with the "little" version of the item which we got in fresh finds on 6/28- https://github.com/SynthSy/PSO2-Dictionary/wiki/Fresh-Finds

It's a little different due to JP not having the same model as we do. But certainly you can assume with both Auxiliary min height and character min heights changed- that they wouldn't allow a suit that ignores those limitations?. It just would make no sense.- Not that the height changes make any sense either- as they refuse to give us a reason why they exist and the public outcry about it does not exist in any form with the community that PSO2 has.

@MoldyAsp33874 @SaviorZero82 does bring up a good point, they may be releasing it differently than jp. like I said before we have to wait n see. Stay vocal but be respectful seeing as there isn't a huge mob of folks talking about this

@MoldyAsp33874 @SaviorZero82 does bring up a good point, they may be releasing it differently than jp. like I said before we have to wait n see. Stay vocal but be respectful seeing as there isn't a huge mob of folks talking about this

Wait and seeing just feels like dealing with it though. I'd be fine with waiting if we could get someone in official capacity to even comment on it- They should know at this point whether they plan to bring it over or not. When the lack of response and existing changes line up against the possibility of them releasing something like that- It becomes a pretty safe bet that you're not going to see it. And the best way to deal with that from a business standpoint is to just never talk about it- hoping that many people are unaware it even existed so they wouldn't know if it was removed and not allowing your public response to acknowledge it was taken out in the first place. I've played way too many games and especially MMOs where this kind of behavior lines up with the usual "Yep- you don't get it. Deal with it" problem and it looks like we are headed for another one of those. You won't get an apology and you won't get a reason- and it will discourage long-term players. Communication between dev team and players is a pretty important factor- especially when a game is first getting off the ground... for an mmo. ESPECIALLY moreso when the launch is plagued with errors due to a poor choice of platform(Win10 seeing the anticheat as a virus and just decided to purge the entire game without permission or warning-). Had a fanmade tweaker to fix a lot of problems- thought it might be incorporated on the july 9th patch which they addressed issues with the lobby lag. It's now been a month and the most serious problem is not only still a problem but isn't even addressed anywhere. But heres 5 more scratch banners- please give us your money.

I love PSO2- it's why I played it for so long and spent so much money on the JP version- and I would really love to get friends new to the game brought into the NA version where everyone can be on the same page- but with all its problems its really hard to recommend it to anyone in good faith or chip in to support it with buying AC when it feels like it's just on the road to ruin.

@MoldyAsp33874 The mini versions of those outfits did not come out at the same time as the normal versions, they actually came out as part of an SG Scratch years later. In fact, most mini outfits have only come out in the last few years and from the SG Scratch.

@AndrlCh said in Removing Height Restrictions:

@MoldyAsp33874 The mini versions of those outfits did not come out at the same time as the normal versions, they actually came out as part of an SG Scratch years later. In fact, most mini outfits have only come out in the last few years and from the SG Scratch.

The JP wiki directly says otherwise https://i.gyazo.com/38da863af6a66248819b9dbc7e19ea55.png

• but not like I remember that long ago.

Maybe a few years is actually 6?

@MoldyAsp33874 Scroll down a bit on the swiki page, it notes when the mini's were in the SG Scratch.

@AndrlCh said in Removing Height Restrictions:

@MoldyAsp33874 Scroll down a bit on the swiki page, it notes when the mini's were in the SG Scratch.

Fair enough. Guess it's the wait and see but hope for an addressing of concerns afterall.

Also on that note the school scratch with the school swimsuit and randoseru was before the first version of that mini came out- not that they're following banner schedule of JP but might be able to see if that scratch is too risky for NA before we hear whether or not Minis will be completely removed from the game

@MoldyAsp33874 this is off topic but I don't get this mantra of pso2 na "being on the road to ruin". where is that even coming from?

@MoldyAsp33874 this is off topic but I don't get this mantra of pso2 na "being on the road to ruin". where is that even coming from?

Well besides my home block being deleted this patch to push more players into empty blocks- the release of content that is already obsolete when it could easily be changed to make it worth running- and basically nothing at all to do until Ep 4 next month- the issues with some people unable to even install the game- or people getting tired of having to reinstall randomly/with every win10 update or game patch- the absence of many QoL improvements and such- the playerbase is falling rather than rising. They might think a new platform can help it- but it'll only be temporary. The game will have a hard time sustaining itself at this rate if they want it to live alongside JPs userbase after it catches up.

Should note that i'm on ship 3 which is already by far the least populated so the effects are easier to see. But just the failed concept of giving us gear beyond our content so every upcoming raid has drops no one needs and is just ex cube fodder- meaning Magatsu is still the best raid because you can kill him multiple times to get 10 stars to swap while profound darkness is a one time fight you can do anytime within an hour but lasts about 6 minutes.

@MoldyAsp33874 is this the swimsuit you are referring to A94C38D5-CDE9-4940-9AD2-5828F66109A5.jpeg

Cuz I don’t see why this wouldn’t get released It’s the only one in the Cosmic School Life scratch that I can see

@SaviorZero82 said in Removing Height Restrictions:

@MoldyAsp33874 is this the swimsuit you are referring to Cuz I don’t see why this wouldn’t get released It’s the only one in the Cosmic School Life scratch that I can see

Yeah- Well you're talking about a company that has equated height to age. Clearly randoseru(what kindergartners popularly wear- especially on pop culture) and that swimsuit which is popularized over here for being what flatchested young anime characters wear. It's a trope that young characters use them.

And I know it's weird- because it shows less skin than normal swimsuits- but it's not about the sexualization. It's just about the appearing age. (Not that the swimsuit and backpack isn't part of weird otaku fetish culture though)

@MoldyAsp33874 idk I have see prep schools/ private that have swim teams use similar here in NA, I mean your not wrong at all with your statement they do tend to go that way in anime

@MoldyAsp33874 hm, ill have to look into all that myself sometime (in the vain of keeping on topic). And just because (you assume) they equate height to age doesn't mean every action they take will reflect that. Again as I said before, neither you nor I or anyone else besides them know whats going on