Removing Height Restrictions

@XenoBladeX37645 said in Removing Height Restrictions:

If this is such a travesty for you people why not just leave n go play the jp version? It has what you want

there's plenty of reason to still play the NA version though, hence why this thread was made

@XenoBladeX37645 said in Removing Height Restrictions:

@Temuorin oh it contributes plenty. Its pointing out an option that folks can take if the devs decide not to change things. Now please stay off my posts. Also @Mattwo7 that's something I can understand and tbh it has me curious about that as well. And @ZeeHero9271 that's something I do agree with but then there lies the problem of wether this is deemed as a mistake or not.

When you tell people to "suck it up", it contributes nothing. Please read the rules and educate yourself. See? I can be petty too. Even if the devs decide not to change it, it won't change our stance on this matter.

Here you go. I'll help you out.

https://forum.pso2.com/topic/581/please-read-this-before-posting-replying-in-this-section

This is all I'll say on the matter. If I'm going to reply to anything else, it'll be on this topic.

@XenoBladeX37645 I know you didn't read the whole thread but like what has been mentioned- there's reason to play NA. Telling people to go play JP if they don't like a change is missing the point entirely. Many of us want to play NA because it's much better for beginners(our friends) who are trying it for the first time. JP vets are one thing but many of my friends are trying NA for the first time and I want to show them something as close to the JP version as possible- The English dub is another.. personally I don't use it but a lot of people do like it. Community is yet another reason. Having an opportunity to catch up and not jumping into 8 year vets is nice too. Getting a chance at the content before it disappears is another- good luck getting those old emotes and fashion items in JP version with their extreme pricing.

The list can really go forever. But also like another person mentioned... It's not just about height. It's a glaring change that is right in your face from the very get-go in the creator. Before the game has even started. It exists with absolute zero player feedback on whether it should have been implemented. And almost zero support now that it has been. If the devs are willing to change something so insignificant what is stopping them from removing more options down the line? Cosmetic options in a game that thrives on fashion?. It's a bad precedent and if the devs really plan for it to be the only forced change- they should say so. If reverting it causes future outfits to need censorship then they should say so. If there's no reason for it then take the suggestions of most of your userbase and change it. That's what makes good support in a game and why JP has flourished for so many years. Just listen to your players- even if you can't comply with their wants at least let them know why.

As is it now- the Official twitter account for PSO2 NA is not at all a support twitter- they completely ignore any technical issues and just try and hype the game. The game will not survive without a support team that supports the players. And the players have questions that need to be answered. I'm waiting to spend money until someone can tell me whether future content will be censored or removed and the absolute best way to put people like me- (cautious players who want to support the game) worries to rest is to show you can make the game with All The Content that you promised the game would have. Advertising the game to have All The Content and then removing content before you even get to the tutorial sure is not being truthful.

@MoldyAsp33874 Pretty sure they already removed the Duel Gazes and Metali Solidom, which makes no sense because Tranmizer is still a Metal Gear Rex knockoff and the first part of the Magatsu raid is still derivative of Attack on Titan.

Not to mention I'm pretty sure Metali Solidom doesn't actually even have anything to do with Metal Gear on its own, they could just rename it if they're such lawyerphobs.

talis_031.png

Edit: Although they haven't added the Pyroxene shop which has the 10* variants yet, maybe they'll add it then?

@Mattwo7 The pyroxene versions of those weapons were removed from the game before the JPN build the NA version is based on and turned into Weapon Camos that are available from the Photon Booster Shop, both on the JPN and NA servers.

@AndrlCh

available from the Photon Booster Shop, both on the JPN and NA servers.

and NA servers.

pso20200614_091830_003.jpg pso20200614_091822_002.jpg pso20200614_091814_001.jpg tenor.gif

@Mattwo7 They are consolidated. The Metal Solidom variants are part of *Crimson Mahat and *Coffin Mahat.

@AndrlCh I see, didn't know there were other weapons like the tailsman ones. Still no sign of the Duel Gazes though.

I wonder how NA is going to handle Mini suits- are they just going to take them out of the game? "All the content"... Really? Why will Sega not say anything regarding this issue whatsoever? @GM-Deynger

I'm sure this has already been mentioned in this mammoth of a thread, but even so it seems worth mentioning that Auxiliaries are by default much shorter than the restrictions they've set on player characters, and can wear all the same outfits and accessories that player characters can. I've never actually seen any stated reasoning for the height restriction but if it's for the reason I think it is then they failed to consider one of the games most obvious features.

@Holden907815 said in Removing Height Restrictions:

I'm sure this has already been mentioned in this mammoth of a thread, but even so it seems worth mentioning that Auxiliaries are by default much shorter than the restrictions they've set on player characters, and can wear all the same outfits and accessories that player characters can. I've never actually seen any stated reasoning for the height restriction but if it's for the reason I think it is then they failed to consider one of the games most obvious features.

Auxiliary minimum height is restricted by a whole foot in NA too. JP aux's can be as low as 2ft- while NA is 2'11.

@MoldyAsp33874 said in Removing Height Restrictions:

@Holden907815 said in Removing Height Restrictions:

Auxiliary minimum height is restricted by a whole foot in NA too. JP aux's can be as low as 2ft- while NA is 2'11.

Well that's even more baffling. If height is being used to quantify age then 2'11" falls well within the "underage" threshold, although I can't wander down that thought process too long without getting confused.

there are adults who are 4 feet tall or less in real life. theres a real genetic condition which causes this.

the argument that height relates to "underage" is COMPLETELY divorced from reality.

Genetic conditions aside- there's many healthy adult women who are just not over 5 ft tall- which is the minimum height for NA right now. Just because the game is in another region where the average height is higher- doesn't mean that everyone living there is going to be above the new minimum. This would be crazy in Japan- where the average height for women is 4'9- to have a game where the absolute minimum height is over 5ft.

That aside- it's more important to fit the verse for the game rather than make it feel the spaceship is just america. None of these beings are even humans- they're robots/half draconian/elflike aliens and for the game designers to say WELL THEY'RE TOO SHORT TO BE AMERICANS SO LETS RAISE THE HEIGHT IN THE CREATOR... is a little stupid for a "role-playing" game. So much for inclusiveness- right?.. Just f you if you're in the 15 or so % of adult players shorter than 5ft in America. ESPECIALLY F you if you're from another country who has moved over here and now wants to play with their friends and make a character that looks like themselves.

The humans in PSo2 are nearly physically identical to our humans. Newmans, Deumans and CASTS are based directly on PSo2 Humans. CASTS are full conversion cyborgs.

Still no excuse for the height restrictions, but fact is in PSo2 bascially everyone is a human.