Removing Height Restrictions

@The-Question thanks for the added information, I hope so to I’ll keep my fingers crossed

I don't really think there's any reason for there to be a height restriction so I'm all for it being changed to how it is on the Japan server.

I know I am a bit bummed when I can't get something close to my height/am restricted based off what I picked.

I think players want to make little characters to make it harder to hit. I do not mind if developers remove the restriction on the size of the character, but then let the strength correspond to the size, as in life. Giants will have great power, and small people have intelligence.

@Vundar9115 said in Removing Height Restrictions:

I think players want to make little characters to make it harder to hit. I do not mind if developers remove the restriction on the size of the character, but then let the strength correspond to the size, as in life. Giants will have great power, and small people have intelligence.

Did you just call tall people stupid? I'm joking. I get your point though having a system that alters in a speed to power ratio can add more mechanical play to the game for sure. Smaller characters are more agile and benefit from a movement and cooldown boost where applied. Larger character are stronger and benefit from more destabilizing attacks and large hit radiuses. Maybe we will see something like this added in future titles or updates to the game.

@The-Question said in Removing Height Restrictions:

@Vundar9115 said in Removing Height Restrictions:

Did you just call tall people stupid? I'm joking. I get your point though having a system that alters in a speed to power ratio can add more mechanical play to the game for sure. Smaller characters are more agile and benefit from a movement and cooldown boost where applied. Larger character are stronger and benefit from more destabilizing attacks and large hit radiuses. Maybe we will see something like this added in future titles or updates to the game.

Usually, it's reserved for racial differences (Which PSO2 already has in stats, but races don't have different heights unlike FFXI/FFXIV.) As an example, the Taru-Taru in FFXI are better at magical stuff, and they're small. Here's a chart listing the FFXIV attributes: https://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Starting_attributes

Lalafells are tiny. Roegadyns are the largest/tallest race. Elezens are the "elf" race. Hrothgar are those mountain-dwelling guys from FFX. Miqo'te are the cat people, Au Ra are the "Lizard/Dragon" (It's not confirmed via lore) people.

So I haven’t see anyone post about the height of players but I also haven’t seen really small ones running around at all so was this fixed or does no one car anymore now that we have the game

@SaviorZero82 It is still the same, so I imagine that people just kinda gave up on it.

I just want to say that I'm still all for getting this fixed. It's always been a nice thing to be able to make your character ridiculously big or small in this and I don't think it should be limited more than JP is with that since the game can clearly handle it.

@The-Question said in Removing Height Restrictions:

I would at the very least like to see height restrictions removed to help even out the playing field

??????????????????????????

Height affects NOTHING except for the distance that Deadly Archer is thrown. Even in Battle Arena (PVP), the hitboxes are the same. Your eyes might mess with you however.

PLEASE STOP SPREADING MISINFORMATION.

i suport the, removing the character height limit, It is a feature that many would like to use when knowing it, and the game is 17+ so we are all responsible players so the censorship of content to an adult public I do not find necessary,

Lmao can this thread die already

@Rantious What is Dead may never Die!

Imagine someone somewhere in the upper management who has never played the game arbitrarily deciding what's good for you the customer, not because age ratings or laws demand it, not because kotaku / polygon / twitter blue checkmarks professional outrage mob is creating public pressure, no, they just know better than you, a grown adult.

@Rantious said in Removing Height Restrictions:

Lmao can this thread die already

alt text

@Havox3 but at least we got to keep Tuesday's prime time maintenance schedule tho

I saw a smaaaalllllll character few days ago. If you use the salon pass I think you can make your character as short as JP.