Removing Height Restrictions

@Archetype-Luna I think Zero or someone had a theory that min height was tied to max so adjusting min also adjusted the max. Considering how old this engine is it could be possible.

Most of this stuff isn't a huge deal but at the same time it's just beyond silly and I know more of it is coming. The trailer and the cut scene was actually what set me off. Prior to this I think I only had one post in this thread regarding the height changes which aren't the biggest deal for me but I still think it's stupid. They could have easily lowered it to 145 which is still reasonable. I care more about outfit censorship which I've experienced in previous MMO games and it's frustrating especially when the changes completely ruin the outfit.

They probably over censored on purpose to avoid any controversy but like most companies they need to understand that these outrage cancle mob types that could potentially attack this game aren't the target audience and nobody should ever be caving into these people. It never works out.

@Zenny It would be very strange for min height to be tied to max height like that. Assuming the game is written in C++, they could have used the override specifier to change the maximum and minimums and specifically indicated the maximum and minimums in the checks used if someone were to import character data from JP. It seems rather strange for them to be both affected like that.

I was in a similar position to you, where I could live with the height limitation. However, for me the straw that broke the camel's back was the removal of story cutscenes.

They definitely over-censored, and I am hoping that our feedback on this matter are being conveyed to Sega in Japan. I personally sent support tickets on these matters.

@Loona said in Removing Height Restrictions:

Because people being sexually attractive and invested into ERP is a problem. It can lead down to a very bad addiction and can cause mental illness. As someone who's dealt with this personally, let me tell you it sounds like it isn't a problem, but it's very worrisome. As I said, there's a difference between appreciation and addiction, being sexually attracted to a character is WAAAAAAAY out there compared to being attracted to a character.

Based on your avatar, I assume you may have seen stuff you didn't want to see? If not, disregard most of this post. But if you indeed delved in that world for more than 3 minutes, you'd get to see certain unwanted stuff, even as a non ERPer. So yeah, if you've seen what I have actually seen from that world, you will start thinking that some humans have lost more than a few bolts. While I admit what I saw damaged me, it also made me stronger in some other sense, and also made me learn to differentiate people and not toss them into stereotypes, and made me want to see everyone living in their environments without bothering anybody else.

The reason I quit that group in general was because there were certain people not interested in helping others keep their values and morals, and were instead intent on tainting everyone around them with their "unusual tendencies". And in the end, I realized I wanted no part on that. So valuing my sanity and principles more, I decided to silently walk off.

Still, what I've learned from those times (at least what I remember of them) gave me a reason why I wouldn't call them "not people". They are people, and even if they deny it, they have a real life presence and a real environment out of their fiction. So it's hard for me to lower someone's sense and meaning of being through calling them "not people". What they should learn, though, is that not everyone entering their "hobby" or "fandom" or whatever, is into the exact same stuff as them, and they should not mess around with anybody not wanting to participate on it. And I can apply this almost 1:1 to lobbies in video games, and it's why I'd prefer some sort of per-user locally toggled censor for any new projects going forward.

Speaking of ways to create a censor, Second life (yes, THAT thing), has a way to deal with blocked people that also "censors" them locally. When you block someone in that "game", they get turned into a grey silhouette (or a cloud, I don't remember which exactly). Thing is, you will know the person is there, but won't see their actual looks, nor hear nor see anything else from them. In the case of a game like this (again, perhaps a new game), we could make it so blocking someone either makes the character disappear, or be replaced by a placebo character, like a default-look character of the same gender and race as the blocked character. This wouldn't affect the blocked person because they'd still be able to see their character as intended.

So adding these forms of local censoring to new games in the future would give people the choice of what they want to see, and the game would appeal to more people. The other route would be via official uncensor patches that those wanting a more free for all game would download. I speak of this because I and I know everyone else knows for a fact that different people have different preferences based on different things. Some prefer their games more morally correct to their culture. Some don't mind exploring how other cultures see things. And some just want whatever for whatever reasons. So I strongly feel giving people the choice in these matters may be the correct way to move forward.

Thread turned into the stepford wives trying to disguise themselves as 4chan.

@ZorokiHanuke said in Removing Height Restrictions:

Because people being sexually attractive and invested into ERP is a problem. It can lead down to a very bad addiction and can cause mental illness. As someone who's dealt with this personally, let me tell you it sounds like it isn't a problem, but it's very worrisome. As I said, there's a difference between appreciation and addiction, being sexually attracted to a character is WAAAAAAAY out there compared to being attracted to a character.

Based on your avatar, I assume you may have seen stuff you didn't want to see? If not, disregard most of this post. But if you indeed delved in that world for more than 3 minutes, you'd get to see certain unwanted stuff, even as a non ERPer. So yeah, if you've seen what I have actually seen from that world, you will start thinking that some humans have lost more than a few bolts. While I admit what I saw damaged me, it also made me stronger in some other sense, and also made me learn to differentiate people and not toss them into stereotypes, and made me want to see everyone living in their environments without bothering anybody else.

The reason I quit that group in general was because there were certain people not interested in helping others keep their values and morals, and were instead intent on tainting everyone around them with their "unusual tendencies". And in the end, I realized I wanted no part on that. So valuing my sanity and principles more, I decided to silently walk off.

Still, what I've learned from those times (at least what I remember of them) gave me a reason why I wouldn't call them "not people". They are people, and even if they deny it, they have a real life presence and a real environment out of their fiction. So it's hard for me to lower someone's sense and meaning of being through calling them "not people". What they should learn, though, is that not everyone entering their "hobby" or "fandom" or whatever, is into the exact same stuff as them, and they should not mess around with anybody not wanting to participate on it. And I can apply this almost 1:1 to lobbies in video games, and it's why I'd prefer some sort of per-user locally toggled censor for any new projects going forward.

Speaking of ways to create a censor, Second life (yes, THAT thing), has a way to deal with blocked people that also "censors" them locally. When you block someone in that "game", they get turned into a grey silhouette (or a cloud, I don't remember which exactly). Thing is, you will know the person is there, but won't see their actual looks, nor hear nor see anything else from them. In the case of a game like this (again, perhaps a new game), we could make it so blocking someone either makes the character disappear, or be replaced by a placebo character, like a default-look character of the same gender and race as the blocked character. This wouldn't affect the blocked person because they'd still be able to see their character as intended.

So adding these forms of local censoring to new games in the future would give people the choice of what they want to see, and the game would appeal to more people. The other route would be via official uncensor patches that those wanting a more free for all game would download. I speak of this because I and I know everyone else knows for a fact that different people have different preferences based on different things. Some prefer their games more morally correct to their culture. Some don't mind exploring how other cultures see things. And some just want whatever for whatever reasons. So I strongly feel giving people the choice in these matters may be the correct way to move forward.

Not to dismiss your post, but I did say that I meant ERPers aren't people as in who they roleplay as, a lot of ERPers take erping very seriously.

As for the censoring blocked people, PSO2 has a system not as good as Second Life, but it will basically hide accessories from others or specifically blacklisted individuals if you have the option toggled.

Not to dismiss your post, but I did say that I meant ERPers aren't people as in who they roleplay as, a lot of ERPers take erping very seriously.

As for the censoring blocked people, PSO2 has a system not as good as Second Life, but it will basically hide accessories from others or specifically blacklisted individuals if you have the option toggled.

Glad the part about people being people was clarified. I'm someone who believes in the value of living beings. As for the current toggles, yeah, they are great so far. Would have added a mag toggle as well but it's not a life or death thing for me. I just miss mags in lobbies as they were on PSO1.... or were they? Now I don't remember. kek... What I mean from now on, is about ideas for new projects, seeing how Sega may have their plates more than full with what they are doing right now, and, I also start to understand that because of such work load, they may also be limited on even answering the NA regions about the why of the what. So from me, take these ideas and look at them for future things down the line, and well, we all have to live with this game remaining as is. On the other hand if something feels unfair for anyone, they shouldn't stay silent about it.

I have to actually ask....

Has anyone here gotten in to contact with any of the moderators or developers or even publishers lately?

Or even their twitter posters?

Feels like they all are on full on ignore mode for literally everything.

@SleeprunnerInc ive talked to one or 2 on chat about the recent issues.. They dont say much other than its not on their hands

@SleeprunnerInc said in Removing Height Restrictions:

I have to actually ask....

Has anyone here gotten in to contact with any of the moderators or developers or even publishers lately?

Or even their twitter posters?

Feels like they all are on full on ignore mode for literally everything.

In the response I got to my response ticket, they said this:

We appreciate your love and support for Phantasy Star Online 2. Pleased be inform that we can't share any information about Episode 4 deleted scene. Rest assured that we will take your requests to the relevant team for them to review. We apologize for the inconvenience it has caused you.

One thing to note is that we are always going through a middle man with our feedback as the developers are Japanese, so all of our feed back are translated into Japanese by the middle man and then sent over to the developers in Japan. Simply put, the developers don't communicate back to us and the middle man usually is not in the position to say anything.

All we can do is continue giving feedback and hope it is heard.

@PhantasyStar719 So we are basically in a spot where they can dump whatever they want on to the NA version and it's just gona be as it is?

That's just how it sounds like 😕

@PhantasyStar719 So we are basically in a spot where they can dump whatever they want on to the NA version and it's just gona be as it is?

I wouldn't say that. It is more that they just don't speak back. Remember that the people who are actually in charge, Sega of Japan, do not really reply back to us. The people we talk to are just middle men, conveying our feedback to Sega of Japan.

@SleeprunnerInc. Lets just say that the thread that got closed got ALOT of attention from the GMs behind the scenes but in honesty it feels that way to me. Steam has their own thread thats now going on 49 pages about the same subject. In truth i truly dont think we will truly see a resolution on both sides until NGS is released

@Archetype-Luna said in Removing Height Restrictions:

I wouldn't say that. It is more that they just don't speak back. Remember that the people who are actually in charge, Sega of Japan, do not really reply back to us. The people we talk to are just middle men, conveying our feedback to Sega of Japan.

The one thing we can agree on

@SleeprunnerInc That's how it's always been in almost every MMO game that gets ported over. It takes months of feedback spam/pestering to potentially get anything changed let alone a response. It took 2-3 months I believe of spamming on the BDO forums for the NA version to even release inner wear that covered up the censored version of the base underwear for Shai.

It's hilarious when you think about it because they charge you for the inner wear and it allows Shai to show more skin on the legs. So the censorship was pointless but they decided to get people to shell out money for a partial solution. The inner wear still ruined some other outfits but not as much as the base and that's only because of it's appearance. It showed more around the neck area but addressed the long leggings that was intentionally censored to begin with.

They closed the thread because they got a lot more backlash than what they anticipated. Either that or they don't give a shit about resolving the censorship. Not like SoJ actually has to care about Global when their only concern is the Japanese server.