Removing Height Restrictions

I didn't even know that the height has restrictions. I was going to say "why" but I see why now.

Honestly, I understand the reasoning but at the same time I hate that being short seems like a crime lol.

@Clain I mean there isn't a proper reason.

The devs have never once posted a single line of text defining why they changed it.

And there's a very valid counterargument to the current way of thinking which is: If the first thing that comes to mind from me wanting to make a short char is sexualizing children, surely that speaks more of you?

Cause come on.

We want to make small lego warriors.

@SleeprunnerInc said in Removing Height Restrictions:

@Clain I mean there isn't a proper reason.

The devs have never once posted a single line of text defining why they changed it.

And there's a very valid counterargument to the current way of thinking which is: If the first thing that comes to mind from me wanting to make a short char is sexualizing children, surely that speaks more of you?

Cause come on.

We want to make small lego warriors.

Little Person, Big weapon. Always my favorite tropes. It is a global thing, and not just Anime.

The concept of a small/tiny lady with a big weapon/gun has been a pop culture cliche media trope across the US since the mid 60s and early 70s, long before Anime was mainstream/truly influential in the States. Can't count how many classic HeavyMetal issues I have seen from my pre-teen to late teenage years where there is a young female protagonist. Depicted to be under 5'3" wearing a "bikini" rocking a ridiculously large weapon, riding some sort of mechanical beast/machine provocatively in one of their many comics.

@Clain said in Removing Height Restrictions:

I didn't even know that the height has restrictions. I was going to say "why" but I see why now.

Honestly, I understand the reasoning but at the same time I hate that being short seems like a crime lol.

Well, to be clear, you are understanding and accepting their personal opinion and reasoning for the censorship from others as an absolute fact without being provided citations, evidence and direct information in to why there is a censor on height. Also, no, short isn't a crime - nor should it be, nor should it be tolerated in any form. Being short and looking young isn't either. Yes, there are obvious questionable character designs that shouldn't be glorified in the world. Yes, there are creepos all over, though, they are probably not going to be proudly parading about as much as those for the censor make them out to be.

Hell, on Ship 1, there is a player that has made their ARK to be identical to the fashion model Twiggy (Dame Lesley Lawson). Very short for a model at 5'6", very young looking (still looked nearly 16 in her 30s) wore everything from bikinis to pant suits. Known world wide for her very petite frame and small chest.

Those who are pro-censor here, would automatically label said player as a "loli/pervert/etc" without looking at their lookbook info (and many if not all pro-censors here have already in this thread claimed to rarely if ever look at lookbook info) to get more on how and why they created their ARK that way. The pro-censors, will just solely be going off of the character designs and passing others off with belittlement and deviant generalization labels with zero evidence to back up their mental judgments and gymnastics.

Yes, again, there are creepo jerks (pervs to racists) out there that should be reported/exposed to the GMs with the. Yes, there are those who be inspired by pop-culture icons from the past and present. A simple read in the lookbook can give insight on what a person feel like they should do.

Oddly enough, seen plenty of pro-height-censor players in game across all ships and many blocks with their ARKs named "Big D*** Swinging" and a variety of racial slurs used as names. I am sure they are the exact same pro-censors here as well, when in doubt, report/block and move on.

@SleeprunnerInc said in Removing Height Restrictions:

@IAMCRAIG You probably don't know this but Loli means alot more than the questionable sexual innuendo.

It's a running gag in any anime with a male protag usually who has a little sister to have a lolitacomplex where he loves his little sister dearly (Without any sexual innuendos.)

So they have pushed loli out of the older meaning to encompass much more.

that is absolutely not what "lolita complex" means, don't be disgusting

Well, if we are to discuss the roots of "lolita", Wikipedia describes it in very short and simple words. There is the novel roots, the "loli" fashion, and the "lolicon" attraction complex.

The novel is about a middle aged man who falls in love and ultimately engages in a relationship with an underage girl. It is a tragic drama that has received a lot of accolades despite it's taboo themes.

The Japanese "Lolita Fashion" is a form of fashion that veers into the cute and childish looks that adult women can use. It includes Victorian and Goth lolita fashion as well. I've seen people in video games using this as base for their short characters. No lewdness is implied nor included in the design.

"Lolicon", also coming from Japan, is the usually lewd attraction to underage girls. Of course, some players create short female characters for this, and this one creates a good deal of friction with the rest of the community because of the lewd roots.

Lastly, the otaku variant of Lolicon notes on the fact that the underage person in question is solely a fictional character. Of course, to most moral warriors, it doesn't matter if the loli is real or not, as both are seen as disgusting, and in some places in USA, it's actually illegal (and arrests and jail time have already been imposed to people) to have such a fetish.

Games like this, which are anime oriented, may have a few versions of loli, though as I said before, not everyone looking to create a loli character does so out of pure lewdness, considering not all definitions of loli are lewd (even if most of them are).

id say lets not trail to far off

@jimpjorps No seriously Jim.

Loli has changed over the course of years and so has many other terms.

To like Loli's is not bad in and of itself.

You might like the loli style, loli characters etc without being a creep or anything like it.

However when it starts to veer in to real life where you are looking at actual children and approaching them, THEN it goes to the wrong area and goes from Loli to Pedo territory.

It's a fine line which needs a sane person to distinguish from it.

@XenoBladeX37645 Yeah. It may be trailing a little off course, but I also feel our understanding of the terms and our statement on where we draw the line when wanting the removal of a censor which has proven controversial, should be documented. It isn't mental gymnastics as someone else said. It's also not a denial of the possible actions by some creeps out there. But we still have to show that for every creep, there may be a group of honest non dangerous people who are also affected by this or that predetermined decision that the devs may have based on something else to enable such censoring.

Perhaps this is a touch off-topic, but I'd like to put out there that with EP4 coming out tomorrow, someone with access to JP and EN might want to document any changes to the story, as apparently this episode is where things get a little crazy. Any censorship seen in the localization (if any - hopefully none) might be an indication of our chances of seeing the height slider change reverted.

(I'd do it myself, but my JP account has long since been lost. I botched my password and they never reset it for me no matter how many times I asked. This happened before EP4.)

You are all asking for too much. The game already refers to some female actors as "little girls", and those characters meet NA's "restrictions".

Minimum height in JP gives you toddler-like proportions. As someone who wants a little immersion in their games, I say no thanks to that.

@Ashlette-Era "MY IMMERSION THOUGH! You're killing it! Not all these people running around in swimsuits. Not the birds running around in jackets. Not any of the sharks. BUT THOSE SHORT PEOPLE! THEY'RE KILLING IT!"

gtfo lol.

@Ashlette-Era Explain how it is too much?

Just cause the voice actors are short AF and some people are short AF and want to play a short AF character it breaks yer immersion?

If anything, NOT having them breaks the immersion.

Especially as a Cast who could be configured to specific sizes to meet specific moments or jobs.

@Ashlette-Era said in Removing Height Restrictions:

You are all asking for too much. The game already refers to some female actors as "little girls", and those characters meet NA's "restrictions".

Minimum height in JP gives you toddler-like proportions. As someone who wants a little immersion in their games, I say no thanks to that.

alt text

Can I humbly ask something? Please let's not mock nor insult the nay sayers. It kills our point unnecessarily. I feel it's already clear that unless something is changed in the build we get from Japan, the censor will remain. So this thread may be solely for discussion and not to push any feedback anymore. I'm already disappointed with the dev team for not responding to a single issue presented to them through these forums, pretty much leaving the GMs to sort of fending for themselves (and so far I think they have been great at it). This thread has already become the dead horse to beat, so adding flames will only make it worse, and even though I already feel defeated on this and all other issues, I wouldn't want more insult to injury.

Of course, I cannot tell you all what to do with your text typing powers, so take this as outside advice. Just remember that anger may make you write things you wouldn't want to express, nor in ways you would have expressed it. So at least, let's think before we post? Maybe read now, post later?

As for the specific post about immersion, not everyone gets it the same way. Some don't mind seeing modern Earth outfits sold through gacha in medieval fantasy themed games. I personally find it repugnant but that's what there is (Tera was a big culprit to this and stuff only got worse over time). Many of the current animations in PSO2? At least the lewd ones? I personally don't like them and feel they shouldn't have been introduced at all. I mean, why would I want chair/pole dancing animations for my space mage in a game about space mages? These animations themselves break MY immersion, but at least the game made an effort to link the space mage theme with modern Earth, making them not so ridiculously out of place. Imagine Tera's Elins pulling off those same emotes... ugh! As a side note, I do not own any of those emotes. My "lewdest" is the Sonic Tails one and only because of the Tails pose that looks ridiculous on anything not Tails.

In this case, the poster stated that his immersion is broken if he sees what he perceives as children in this situation. I won't add more flavor to his comment because that'd be irresponsible of me. But that's what he thinks and I respect his ways as I respect the ways of others. moral issues or whatever, it's obvious there's a portion of the player base out there who want this censor to remain, and not all of them are trolls just wanting to make others feel bad.

So as beaten and bad that the whole "you are perverts" argument may seem, if that's how they feel, they have as much right to express it here as us.

Just got into the game. The height limit is still in effect. I wasn't expecting much, but I'm still disappointed.