Removing Height Restrictions

@IAMCRAIG said in Removing Height Restrictions:

It's funny how it's people only complaining they can't make 'small' characters.

Also I've seen and heard enough about JP servers to know it's almost solely for loli characters with a few odd ones out that use it for goofy/creative character designs.

It isn't about virtue signalling, it's about people not wanting to see literal children fucking sexualized.

edit: Actually how about a compromise? They remove the min. height restriction but characters below a certain height can't wear revealing clothes and any mention of loli's is an autoban? If your arguments are in good faith, this should be zero issue.

Of course this sole thread is about people complaining they can't make small characters. I mean, read the thread title? As for the whole argument you bring about people wanting small character to MOSTLY create sexualized children, I'd really need more NA data to believe it. I mean, JP are of course in love with their lolis, so I can assume (and only assume) that you will see the JP servers with a fair amount of Japanese players running around with their small characters, sexualized or not. From my experience with other NA games, though, most people I've seen using small characters dress them up in not revealing outfits, usually going for the big dresses and pink stuff. You WILL see one or two with skimpier stuff in NA games, but at least in my own experience, games with small/loli characters in NA are not dens of pedophiles as some want to portray them.

As for the compromise, I said it before. If the extra height doesn't affect collision detection, they could make a toggle to enable or disable the limit locally, and anyone not wanting to see small characters would be able to keep the toggle on, and everyone around them will look taller on their client, sort of how visual mods work.

@ZorokiHanuke said in Removing Height Restrictions:

Also I've seen and heard enough about JP servers to know it's almost solely for loli characters with a few odd ones out that use it for goofy/creative character designs.

It isn't about virtue signalling, it's about people not wanting to see literal children fucking sexualized.

edit: Actually how about a compromise? They remove the min. height restriction but characters below a certain height can't wear revealing clothes and any mention of loli's is an autoban? If your arguments are in good faith, this should be zero issue.

Of course this sole thread is about people complaining they can't make small characters. I mean, read the thread title? As for the whole argument you bring about people wanting small character to MOSTLY create sexualized children, I'd really need more NA data to believe it.

Have you literally not walked around a lobby or looked at anyones lookbook?

@IAMCRAIG yeah because you know why people make short characters, you have a back door into peoples minds and can read and see why....right. Then you go and label these people as pedos. And YES there is an issue because now youre locking people from wearing what they want based on what YOU think peoples reasoning for having short ADULT characters is. You cant be this ignorant...

Of course this sole thread is about people complaining they can't make small characters. I mean, read the thread title? As for the whole argument you bring about people wanting small character to MOSTLY create sexualized children, I'd really need more NA data to believe it.

Have you literally not walked around a lobby or looked at anyones lookbook?

There are no short characters in PSO2 NA so there are no "children" to go lewd for. And I have never played the JP version, which is why I said I'd need more data from that region to form a more informed opinion on this game. All I can relate to are experiences from other games I have personally played.

I mean, for example NA Tera. At least the time I spent in that game, there were a TON of players using the Elin race. Almost half or more of the official Elin wardrobe is kinky, lewd and over sexualized. Even stuff not bought for money shows more skin than a moral warrior would allow. Yet from my experience, many players had chosen to use instead the big pink dresses that cover all down to the feet, with others going more for the actually tamer swimsuits (tamer than some of the non swimsuit outfits I mean). Of course, there are players using those kinky outfits. But it's not really enough to call the game a den of perverts.

Blade and Soul NA has been a similar experience as well. The Lyn race, which allows male and female to be made, and with a height difference with is extreme compared to the Gon and Yun races (the tallest the game has), players have also remained on the moderate side with them. Though there are less lewd outfits in that game.

I feel, if anything, the biggest culprits here are the pole and chair animations, which are pretty much derived from "exotic" dancing, and surprised me to see them being put in any game outside of pure mature themes (they fit best in a GTA or Mafia game than in a fantasy space mage game). So that's why, like you, I would have liked some sort of limitation so people offended by it don't have to see it. But in my case, I prefer a local client side solution rather than a blanket censor that makes the game less complete than it's JP sibling, more when the ad said "all of the content".

So you're saying the characters characters 'lolicommando' 'akaloli' or having tags like 'lewd the loli' don't exist?

Christ, the mental gymnastics in this thread.

But in my case, I prefer a local client side solution rather than a blanket censor that makes the game less complete than it's JP sibling, more when the ad said "all of the content".

my character is 2.1m tall, what content am I being locked out of, where is all this content that says "you must be a tiny sexy child to enter"

@jimpjorps what children are you referring to? because last i checked Arks doesnt have kids in it

@jimpjorps Cool story. Just because a change in potential character height doesn't affect you, doesn't mean it should exist. Besides, they also lowered the maximum height for characters, they didn't only raise the minimum.

I am convinced that those who are against short players and short charatcer designs are equal to Albert Fish in real life.

okay people the main point of the thread is that players who want their characters to reflect their IRL height should be allowed to do so for example a person is 3'11" tall and wants his/her character to be the same size they can't do it because of the limit

@TURION-MOONSTAR no, its about players wanting to have the freedom to make a character any height they feel like just like the jp version.

So you're saying the characters characters 'lolicommando' 'akaloli' or having tags like 'lewd the loli' don't exist?

Christ, the mental gymnastics in this thread.

No. I'm not saying they don't exist so please do not put extra text on my posts nor any extra meaning to them. I even mentioned that "some people I've seen in other games" do have those characters and play them as such. But what I'm saying is that at least from my own experience, it's not such a huge thing in the video games that allow characters of such stature. Here in NA, since the censor is still intact, there are no short enough characters to be perceived as children by the standards of those with such views. So yes, in games that allow short characters these players do exist, but I don't see huge amounts of people doing it as some detractors may try to picture it if allowed here.... And if the NA region had a lot of people wanting to play sexualized loli characters as you all put it, then I'd worry about the region's mental health overall and not just this game. Might as well ban all gaming and instead put all that time into heavy counseling and mental health improvement.

@jimpjorps When a company makes an ad that claims we will get "all of the content", I suppose some law can be enacted to hold them up for that if they don't bring every tiny bit of content they put those words in their ad for. So while nobody forces anyone to be a "tiny sexy child to enter", said tiny sexy child, if it exists in JP (then again I have no info about player ARKs operative age, so don't know if minors are allowed to work as such role), it must be also ported into the version they mentioned the "all of the content" for. This is what @SleeprunnerInc was talking about in previous posts. Their saving would be if, and I suppose they did, some kind of document stating information about differences in game clients and slide their censor through that to avoid any legal hurdles. But we are yet to see such a thing as well.

Second. Allowing a certain censor and not arguing against it on entry may not change the game for you now, but it may open the door to other changes that may indeed affect you. Basically, you fight the infection as soon as it enters the body before it takes on actually important organs.

In a more general comment. To everyone thinking I post in favor of this thread just because I'm a pedophile who only wants to sexualize little girls. No. I mentioned it before. I just want my tiny gundam to slide around shooting things and my short male main to feel cool about being and looking like an underdog (I'm fine with it right now because of the nyau and rappy suits, though). I say this because I see the aggression from the nay side coming at players in a more direct and personal manner, and it should stop. As posted by the GMs, counter the arguments, not the persons behind them.

And lastly, to those in favor of removing the censor, remember that if you have to answer a detractor, I advise you to do it with information and patience, not with aggression. Yes, they may infuriate you as their point to inflame still rests in that baseless 'everyone's a pedo" argument, but if you let the thread devolve into flames, they win as the whole point of the thread devolves and dies with that flame. And I don't want that.

It's like I said before: the "sexualized lolis" argument only holds water if a massive number of NA players suddenly do it. Not everyone is that sick-minded, and people need to stop thinking this. Sure, the Streisand effect might kick in and we'll see an influx of short characters when the change is rolled back, but it will only last as long as the novelty does. There are many reasons why people would want to play a short character other than plain degeneracy (hell, I explained my own in my last post!); you have to keep an open mind about these things. If someone is blatantly playing a short character for degeneracy, that's what the "Report" function is for.

And frankly, if your argument is because you're attempting to just not see it at all... seriously mate, you're hyper-interested in an anime-esque MMO on the Internet. With no shred of honesty can you tell me you haven't seen worse.

I don't mind that there are detractors voicing their opinions. What I do mind is that every single voiced opinion from a detractor is the same damned thing - I looked over the thread, and every single post weighted towards "No" with an explanation has been "stop sexualizing children, you degenerates" as if it irrevocably trumps every "Yes"-weighted post that exists or will exist. The lifespan of this thread and the number of supporters within is proof that it does not trump anything unless the developers/publishers themselves break their silence to say otherwise. It's gotten to the point where it's hard to tell if the detractors are serious or shitposting, and it just spins the thread in circles.

Basically: the "sexualized lolis" argument has been quashed to hell and back, and people are getting sick of seeing it. If you're really serious about keeping this height slider change, find other/better reasons for it, and we'll discuss them like civilized beings.

Funny how the Pro-Censorship posters in this thread have the same and only argument about sexualizing Loli's, meanwhile those fighting to get the height restriction removed have a plethora of more valid points and "sexualizing loli's" was never even the hot button issue to begin with. Pro-censorship posters want to make it that issue because thats all they have to go on.

Those wanting to "protect loli's" are the ones drawing more of an issue to it and doing more harm lol, counter productive much? I dread what their browser history lists. Protip: Incognito Mode my dudes.

@IAMCRAIG You probably don't know this but Loli means alot more than the questionable sexual innuendo.

It's a running gag in any anime with a male protag usually who has a little sister to have a lolitacomplex where he loves his little sister dearly (Without any sexual innuendos.)

So they have pushed loli out of the older meaning to encompass much more.