Removing Height Restrictions

@SleeprunnerInc I think it's safe to not assume the worst when there's a reasonable explanation for something not being in the game yet, in this case smart inner originally being added some time into episode 4, after the implementation of layering wear.

@TheMerfox I know those aren't episode 3 things. Yet neither was summoner or NT or layering but we have all three and lack crafting which we should have. It's all mixed up so who's to say.

This has honestly always been about the NA censorship in general, this just happens to be the last thread that wasn't drove into the ground by the "yay give me more censorship!" people. I do appreciate the optimism though.

Lastly, I don't think showing a random sliders range is more important than showing off a completely new feature but if it made your boat float, then cool beans. I just see it as something that was purposefully cut for no reason. 🤷

@TheMerfox said in Removing Height Restrictions:

Plus, this thread is about the height restrictions, which I believe I helped confirm we'll be rid of somewhere between episode 4's release and the release of PSO2: NGS

You confirmed nothing. And you give NA way way too much credit. You're quite the optimist considering what they've already butchered and their ongoing practices with the current gamestate.

@MoldyAsp33874 Ok, then I guess the image I posted of the Japanese and English trailers having the same minimum height just doesn't exist to you. Not to mention the fact that the NGS minimum height's proportions match almost perfectly with the current Japanese minimum.

@TheMerfox said in Removing Height Restrictions:

@MoldyAsp33874 Ok, then I guess the image I posted of the Japanese and English trailers having the same minimum height just doesn't exist to you. Not to mention the fact that the NGS minimum height's proportions match almost perfectly with the current Japanese minimum.

They did the same thing with the PSO2 trailers- they used the exact same as JP. There are many characters ingame that are shorter than minimum height. Apparently- if they're not in skimpy wear or doing emotes they can be as short as you want them to be- but as soon as they go further... oh- they took out the few seconds of innerwear?.. Yeah I wonder why.

It'll be censored- It's just the sad reality.

Once bitten, twice shy.

Why should we give them the benefit of the doubt when they already censored it once? There has been no official confirmation for or against it, so we can only look at the past - censorship.

Trailers are frequently misleading. Even if you analyze them, stuff like minimum height can easily be adjusted and can change until the release of the update.

What they showed looked cool, but I'll keep staying away from this game until they fixed this.

It is insane that the height have still not been uncensored, this is one of the most active and longest thread in this sub forum. What's the point of this sub forum is here for if our suggestions are not being taken seriously and just have us left in the dark? Don't get me wrong I don't blame @GM-Deynger he/she doesnt have control over what the higher ups and the devs decide to do with the game, but the point is if they cannot even fulfill a simple request by so many of us here, which is just to uncensor something that's not supposed to be censored to begin with, it just shows how little they care about the game, how little they value player feedbacks, how little they care about their playerbase and how little we can expect from them in the future.

It has now been over 2 months since @GM-Deynger said he would be look into talking to the web team about getting a poll up about this. I guess they either said no- or It's Complicated.. Or nothing was actually communicated and he was just trying to pacify the thread hoping that it would just die out from natural causes.

We have said what we wanted to say- there is no arguing for the restriction to exist. If there was- this thread would be dozens of more pages long- It's just everyone in agreement with more and more reasons why they do so.. It's not a controversial subject- it's not keeping the T rating. It's not saving anyone's retinas from burning out of their skulls. It is just creating concerns over future content- people losing trust in the development team due to the likelihood of future content changed or removed. It is not helping Sega make money- it's objectively hurting them to not bite their pride and revert the change so those waiting to spend money like myself can spend it in good faith that future content will be closer to the original vision. That there won't be a layer of censorship looming above every new scratch banner or upcoming content update that treats it's playerbase like they're children who can't make their own decisions on what they should or shouldn't be allowed to see or do.

I've already played the shit out of the game- I have over 500 hours on the NA version alone(and I don't afk with it up) and way more than i'd like to admit on the JP version. But if they're changing the product for PERCEIVED sensibilities- that don't actually exist in it's consumerbase- I will never spend money on it. I refuse to support horrible practices and an MMO that has no direct line between it's developers and it's players- where players will never be able to influence decisions or ever be acknowledged like they have a voice- is doomed to failure. The PC release has been out almost 2 months and instead of the developers talking to their players they just add horrible campaigns and money grabbing banners- (A returning player campaign where someone has to be in an alliance and have not signed in for an entire month- nor been kicked by an officer to get an emote?.. 2 months after launch?.. Rewarding players who have only played half of your games entire existence and not active players?.. Cmon guys.. Use some logic..)- There are still so many people unable to even work out the install issues or keep the game from uninstalling- mostly those who refuse to use third party programs like the tweaker that was put together for the NA version within a day.. that fixes all problems for a lot of people yet Sega can't work out something?..

The way this game is being developed is like the team is trying to kill it. It's illogical- it just doesn't make any sense. I'm not sure if NA is failing to give our concerns to JP or if JP is ignoring them- but I really would like to know where the problem is. It's not even about money at this point from a business standpoint- I can guarantee making the microtransaction more fair would bring more money in the longterm than forcing a horrible system with overpriced currency- less ways to obtain it than JP- and 50% chance of an item being a dupe- an item you can't use or trade- or a worthless booster you have 50 of already. Imagine spending 50 dollars for 10 rolls of unusable items or meseta boosters. Whales will still buy into it knowing they're getting robbed- they really want to show off those awesome cosmetics. But as the players continue to dwindle and there's no one for the whales to show off to- what will be anyones incentive to give in? The players- both whales and the common f2per are important to the lifespan of your game. And every precaution has been made to show them they're unwanted- that they don't matter and to F OFF.

I wish things would change sooner rather than later. And now with PSO2NGS NA trailer refusing to even show the innerwear- it's more fuel to the fire that censorship will always exist and the players wants matter less than a developers moral high. Which is already hypocritical in itself with the cosmetics given- why only go halfway? You might as well remove the ability to reposition accessories so people can't customize their characters in a way you don't want. Might as well remove symbol art- And definitely remove the story scene where Xion is mostly naked- and also remove that cosmetic from the SG scratch. Same with Matois-.. Definitely remove pole dance and chair dance. Those are too lewd.. wait... Isn't sarah a bit too short? ... Mimi at the quest counter- she's too short!... Aurora... Shouldn't she be taller?... Every single Aux- aren't they a little too short? .. And much much much more hypocrisy that just makes everyone wonder what the hell is going on. PSO2 wears its inspirations on it's sleeves- it caters to anime fans and those who want more of the JP style mmo. It's very much a niche game and the players know what they want. To gather those kinds of players and then spit in their face with censorship is a bad practice. You're upsetting your only devout players. The ones that would keep playing your game and keep it alive. . It's just not going to work out well.

word. well put, Moldy.

I switched over to JP a couple weeks ago since it doesn't look like we'll be getting any notable response or clarification on a lot of the NA version's issues. I would've liked to have stayed on the NA version as it's nice being able to understand every bit of item and NPC flavour text or boss voice-lines. but I'd rather just take the plunge and switch rather than sticking around on an inferior version of the game with problems that remain unadressed for far too long, if they are ever adressed at all.

looking forward to playing Phantom once I meet the requirements. Would be nice to play Hero too but I made a dex mag and buying AC for another mag in the JP version looks a little too difficult for my gaijin monolingual brain.

sorry if this is hard to read, I'm bad with words and posting stuff on forums is very not me.

@MoldyAsp33874 said in Removing Height Restrictions:

It has now been over 2 months since @GM-Deynger said he would be look into talking to the web team about getting a poll up about this. I guess they either said no- or It's Complicated.. Or nothing was actually communicated and he was just trying to pacify the thread hoping that it would just die out from natural causes.

The first thread created about removing in-game censorship made in In-game suggestions subform was made on 14th February. It's 5 months and if somebody still thinks PSO2 NA is getting uncensored, that's a commendable optimism.

@Mimku said in Removing Height Restrictions:

Would be nice to play Hero too but I made a dex mag and buying AC for another mag in the JP version looks a little too difficult for my gaijin monolingual brain.

Install pso2es, link to pso2 jp and from there it's 2 clicks through google pay. Don't even have to have android phone, bluestacks emulator works perfectly fine.

t. dude with 2 mags on pso2 jp

Personally, if I'm moving out of NA PSO2, it won't be to JP. It will be to either another game, or back to any past game I played before to see how it's doing, or finally into gaming retirement (sadly we the non esports gamers don't get benefits for retiring from gaming, kek). At my age and by now, I can say I've seen what I needed to see, so none of these games are not tying me for too long.

Now, as I said before, I'd like the restriction removed, but if it's not, it won't be the main cause for me leaving. I think I have, for now, what I wanted in the form of cosmetics (I could use a re release of the varza ratio outfit that I didn't catch because I didn't join through xbox), so I may not shove much more money into my screen for this. But it'd take worse from Sega/Microsoft to push me out of here.

@ZorokiHanuke There is a noticeable benefit to retiring from gaming.

Usually in the form of starting to pickup any other hobby such as playing guitar, knitting, twiddling your thumbs, mastering the power of your throat and becoming a tuvan throat singer OR just alternatively make videos on the internet either for adult content or for general lulz.

@SleeprunnerInc said in Removing Height Restrictions:

@ZorokiHanuke There is a noticeable benefit to retiring from gaming.

Usually in the form of starting to pickup any other hobby such as playing guitar, knitting, twiddling your thumbs, mastering the power of your throat and becoming a tuvan throat singer OR just alternatively make videos on the internet either for adult content or for general lulz.

You missed one thing.... Finally learning Shogi!

@MoldyAsp33874 said in Removing Height Restrictions:

It'll be censored- It's just the sad reality.

They've had MONTHS to address the issue in some fashion, but it's going to play out like many other games before it. It won't be changed, or even mentioned in an official capacity and that will be that. NG will be the same way as well, u right.

I installed the JP client a few days ago and its been great. No more having to deal with an inferior product that's been tainted by Msoft, or having to put up with how bad they run things here. Cheers.

I'm getting worrying Dungeon Fighter Online flashbacks. Where Nexon went six whole months of no communication with the entire playerbase yet still had sales before suddenly announcing an end of service announcement. I'm sure PSO2 won't end service so soon especially with NG around the corner, but no communication from the higher ups in the east, much like what happened with DFO, spells very bad news. This game feels like just a money funnel for more sega projects at this rate. Especially with how they're treating the NA business model (nice SG choking).