Removing Height Restrictions

If I had to guess, both pro and against censorship people on this very forum are extremely small vocal minorities, large majority is a meh indifference. Current optics suggest against censorship is a tiny shred bigger but unless a GM creates a poll we will likely never know.

I can't think of a single instance when censorship has helped a Western release, I would however like to remind that Elins saved TERA, the original Korean source is still up for those that can speak Korean or you can run it through google translate.

I find it weird I'm even having this discussion. It's a game for weebs. If SEGA wants PSO2 NA as profitable as possible, instead of trying to rile up the weebs with limiting customization, release the skimpiest, most fanservice-heavy, revealing outfits wrapped up in lootbox scratch cards, and start raking in mad cash. Easiest money in the world. Since localization is supposedly done by SEGA JP team not SEGA NA team, I'm not sure why I even have to spell it out, JP has mastered catering to weebs down to an art form. Who does SEGA JP think is their core audience, XBOX CoD/FIFA/Halo/Gears of War crowd? Yeahhhhhh.

With all that said, this is a in-game suggestion thread for supporting the removal of censorship. If you want to further discuss pro and against censorship topic, I encourage creating a topic in General section. That's how these forums are (supposed to be) structured.

Unlike the people complaining about "censorship", personally I'm not going to lose any sleep over PSO2NA changing the height slider but I'd be a hypocrite to say it's not a stupid change. FFXIV and WoW both have short races (Although, it's not like many people would complain if there was a WoW2 with no playable gnomes, mechagnomes on the other hand...). Not to mention that the character customization should remain as robust as it is in the Japanese version (also as I pointed out in this thread, they need to fix camos in both for similar reasons https://forum.pso2.com/topic/1238/camos-need-a-few-fixes)

Also they kept the partner/auxiliary characters short, so it’s also a double standard, always a good look... >.>

@GamerKillance said in Removing Height Restrictions:

@Alexandrious947 said in Removing Height Restrictions:

@Havox3 said in Removing Height Restrictions:

You seem to be confused how these forums are structured:

@GM Deynger said in Censorship is NOT needed in this M rated game.:

OKAY. This is the part where I chime in. I appreciate those that have echoed my words on other threads that were beginning to get out of hand.

There is a reason why there is a thread on this in the general forum, and one that is in the Suggestions forum. This one is not for debate. I am not showing threads that get out of hand to my superiors in the hopes of getting your suggestions implemented. Also, please treat others with respect when discussing their opinions. Everyone is entitled to their own. Those who have spoken disdainfully will be watched.

Those who have posted opinions that differ from this suggestion will find that their posts have been moved to the discussion thread in General.

Feel free to disagree, but if you want a debate about censorship create a topic in General. Also, I'd really appreciate if you stopped spamming authoritative statements about removing censorship being impossible if it doesn't come from official source like GMs.

@GM Deynger said in Please read this before posting/replying in this Section:

Valid responses to player suggestions would include agreements with the players sentiments (so we can see numbers) and additional justification if they have it. Those who disagree can respond, however only by sharing why they disagree. Please do not tell others things are "not possible," or that they are "wasting Sega's time."

Generally, "I think" or "I feel" comments are valid. Judgement of others and their opinions is not.

I don't want to start backseat moderation when I'm not getting paid to do it but this is ridiculously over the line for forum rules.

You seem to be confused on history and past events.

Sighs ya see kids, this is why History class is so important in school. Its to teach you that if you do not learn from history, you are doomed to repeat it, time, and time, again.

So here is Todays lesson.

The moderators, are not one unified entity.

Each one handles things differently.

And so far, they have consolidated, and locked, threads of THIS PARTICULAR nature.

................................and you guys keep repeating the same....damn.....actions.

Sighs.

Censorship of height restriction stays. I really dont wanna have to post more video facts of why it has to.

Cuz you know, hard to take a battle against a great grand being of darkness that wants to destroy the universe, when four to eleven of your fellow arks are both 12 years old in appearance, and VOICE, wearing G-Strings.

Yea....dont wanna see that in NA version. Had my fill in JP.

You also seem confused on what NA culture vs Asian Culture is like, hence the needed censorship.

You also seem confused on how business works. Lemme tell you something that will blow your mind. Its astonishing, out of this world, and almost unbelievable to you I know.

whispers in Havox3 ear You and the others wanting censorship removed is the minority market...........................

Feel free to disagree, ill just post even worse lewd stuff they are trying to censor that is directly from PSO2 JP. If after watching those and your fine with it or heck, getting randy on it. I may have to call FBI on ya.

But do not fret laddie. Play the superior PC version when its out, you can then mod all the kinky stuff you want, and best of all, no one else will have to see it, only you would.

THE

END.

/Golfclap

The one who decided the end is sega/Microsoft. They've made it clear on what their stance is.

They sure did.

It stays.

Now for another example of why the restrictions and censorship.

https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm35259747

They sure did. It stays. Now for another example of why the restrictions and censorship. https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm35259747

You seem to be into watching them since you post the same link all the time. 🤔 Did you bookmark for your keepsake?

@GamerKillance said in Removing Height Restrictions:

You seem to be confused how these forums are structured:

@GM Deynger said in Censorship is NOT needed in this M rated game.:

OKAY. This is the part where I chime in. I appreciate those that have echoed my words on other threads that were beginning to get out of hand.

There is a reason why there is a thread on this in the general forum, and one that is in the Suggestions forum. This one is not for debate. I am not showing threads that get out of hand to my superiors in the hopes of getting your suggestions implemented. Also, please treat others with respect when discussing their opinions. Everyone is entitled to their own. Those who have spoken disdainfully will be watched.

Those who have posted opinions that differ from this suggestion will find that their posts have been moved to the discussion thread in General.

Feel free to disagree, but if you want a debate about censorship create a topic in General. Also, I'd really appreciate if you stopped spamming authoritative statements about removing censorship being impossible if it doesn't come from official source like GMs.

@GM Deynger said in Please read this before posting/replying in this Section:

Valid responses to player suggestions would include agreements with the players sentiments (so we can see numbers) and additional justification if they have it. Those who disagree can respond, however only by sharing why they disagree. Please do not tell others things are "not possible," or that they are "wasting Sega's time."

Generally, "I think" or "I feel" comments are valid. Judgement of others and their opinions is not.

I don't want to start backseat moderation when I'm not getting paid to do it but this is ridiculously over the line for forum rules.

You seem to be confused on history and past events.

Sighs ya see kids, this is why History class is so important in school. Its to teach you that if you do not learn from history, you are doomed to repeat it, time, and time, again.

So here is Todays lesson.

The moderators, are not one unified entity.

Each one handles things differently.

And so far, they have consolidated, and locked, threads of THIS PARTICULAR nature.

................................and you guys keep repeating the same....damn.....actions.

Sighs.

Censorship of height restriction stays. I really dont wanna have to post more video facts of why it has to.

Cuz you know, hard to take a battle against a great grand being of darkness that wants to destroy the universe, when four to eleven of your fellow arks are both 12 years old in appearance, and VOICE, wearing G-Strings.

Yea....dont wanna see that in NA version. Had my fill in JP.

You also seem confused on what NA culture vs Asian Culture is like, hence the needed censorship.

You also seem confused on how business works. Lemme tell you something that will blow your mind. Its astonishing, out of this world, and almost unbelievable to you I know.

whispers in Havox3 ear You and the others wanting censorship removed is the minority market...........................

Feel free to disagree, ill just post even worse lewd stuff they are trying to censor that is directly from PSO2 JP. If after watching those and your fine with it or heck, getting randy on it. I may have to call FBI on ya.

But do not fret laddie. Play the superior PC version when its out, you can then mod all the kinky stuff you want, and best of all, no one else will have to see it, only you would.

THE

END.

/Golfclap

The one who decided the end is sega/Microsoft. They've made it clear on what their stance is.

They sure did.

It stays.

Now for another example of why the restrictions and censorship.

https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm35259747

I, really, really, really, regret clicking on that link.

Also, yes, a prime example of why that sort of censorship is in game, and for good reason. I'm not losing any sleep if it means that sort of thing is prevented on the NA server.

There are definite parts that this region requires censorship and I've seen clearly enough during Live Concert and blocks that people cannot be actual grown ups and behave properly like they are supposed to.

Nude/Genital/Hate Speech symbol arts have been spamming everywhere during live concert, and especially the weekends is a lot worse because GMs are barely seen during the time since they seem to be active only when they are working during weekdays. And that's not okay and not enough.

The biggest reason that symbol arts is an issue is lot of content creators and streamers have to go through the trouble turning symbol arts off due to these immature players. And streamers should not "force" themselves to turn them off when the other players can be better by not spamming inappropriate symbol arts.

So yeah, censorship is definitely needed if we really can't behave to some aspect.

@Alexandrious947 That's a modded client, you can't wear only innerwear outside character editor. This voids your argument as invalid, no censorship is ever stopping someone dedicated enough to mod their client.

@LapisWave you're offtopic, this one is for discussing HEIGHT limitations, you can create a new tropic to discuss symbol arts moderation.

@Alexandrious947 That's a modded client, you can't wear only innerwear outside character editor. This voids your argument as invalid, no censorship is ever stopping someone dedicated enough to mod their client.

@LapisWave you're offtopic, this one is for discussing HEIGHT limitations, you can create a new tropic to discuss symbol arts moderation.

Here's a question. What is the -real- reason that you need height restrictions off outside of censorship then? Because it's already been proven that the gameplay's hit screen is not valid true and people are using that as excuse to get the short heights. In the end, it's just privilege cosmetics that players barely use to play short characters.

So I want to know your real reasoning besides talking about censorship, since you are also digressing the thread by keep mentioning censorship when it needs to be viable evidences that this height limitations is causing some kind of gameplay restrictions for players.

Because I want to create a short character, duh? Three free slots, maybe not on primary character, but a mule Gunner Yosemite Sam would be pretty baller. I'm not going to lose sleep over it but in my mind more options - good, less options - bad. It's less annoying to me to report and ban that one person that's using creator inappropriately breaking rules than a blanket ban punishing everybody.

Maybe it’s my phantasy to play as a midget, or I’m short irl and I like to play a character that’s just as short, or I’m trying to make a cast that needs to be tiny so I can make them look like a small car (I have seen someone do theses btw) there is a bunch of reasons

@LapisWave Why would they keep auxiliary characters short? It's a discrepancy that makes the whole thing either a double standard or make zero sense.

@Mattwo7 said in Removing Height Restrictions:

@LapisWave Why would they keep auxiliary characters short?

That's probably a good question enough to ask directly to GMs instead.

@LapisWave said in Removing Height Restrictions:

That's probably a good question enough to ask directly to GMs instead.

As if I'd get a straight answer, let alone any answer at all...

I like how the Height Slider stops at a certain point but not the Overall Body Height Slider. They forcely made it so that even tho you can go lower, the game reverts back to the "New Minimal" height no matter what. You can clearly tell it's not meant to do that. What annoys me more is that your partner mag (Yes, I know they are called Auxiliary. In PSU, they started off similar to a mag and then fully involved into a battle partner you can take with you. Plus I hate the name Auxiliary for them) is much much smaller than you and can wear whatever you wear so what was the point anyway? I've seen more Lewd Symbol Arts then I've seen "lewd" characters.

@Mattwo7 said in Removing Height Restrictions:

@Diamond-Cats258 They were called Partner Machines in PSU, MySynths in PSP2/I and Partner Characters in PSO2JP.

Idk why they change the names between PSU and the Portable Series since they're technically within the same time frame of each other. PSP2 was I think 2 years after PSU AotL while PSP1 was somewhere before AotL and when Karen took the form on the Shrine Maiden.

@Diamond-Cats258 They were called Partner Machines in PSU, MySynths in PSP2/I and Partner Characters in PSO2JP.